best all around wire for lighting models.

metal wood

I have been working on a reliant and found that the wire I'm using is just too darn big too fat I was wondering if using magnet wire the relief since would that work for the intire model can they touch each other without overloading or is there a better option and it's so where do you guys usually get it thanks for any help

Magnet wire might short out because the coating is so thin.

For small wire I prefer wire wrapping wire. It is close to the size of magnet wire but has a better jacket.
I'd also recommend picking up a wire wrapping tool to go with it. The tool puts a nice tight wrap of the wire around the leads of LEDs and other bits.

Any good electronics store should carry the stuff. Even Radio Shack might.

I found a roll of telephone wire in my house when I moved in. The sheath contains 6 individually insulated wires and each of them is a single piece of copper, not a multi-strand conductor. I just cut the main outer sheath off and help myself. It's pretty fine - finer than any multistrand gauges I've ever bought.

You can buy telephone wire by the foot at your local Home Depot or similar for cheap and be set up for some time.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back