sparton110 2014 Halloween costume contest entryCustom Captain america suit.

sparton110

Hope this is in the right place. Making a captain america suit based on the a concept by Guy Bourraine Jr. and a couple of my own ideas thrown in. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405742587.132117.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405742602.314740.jpg

Still at the early stages but I almost have the chest and back complete. I made templates from cards stock, then transferred to foam.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405742715.431239.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405742726.715018.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405742747.215396.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405742769.015039.jpg

I plan on covering the Chest and back with denim and adding two magnets on the back to hold the shield. Still a long way to go and not sure what I will do about the helmet. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Custom Captain america suit.

Thanks guys hope to have the shoulders done tonight almost out of foam. Plan on making a helmet and forearm template soon.

Custom Captain america suit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405885792.724898.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405885807.508940.jpg
Out of foam so template making day!
I'll be glad to share the templates just have to get them scanned In.

Last edited:

Well being out of foam I guess was a good thing. I managed to get all the templates done the rest will be free hand. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405905104.760290.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405905114.694251.jpg

Very cool suit. I've thought about buying one of these but was always reserved about the quality. But after seeing this I may have to pick one up.

I think he posted that in the wrong thread. There is a thread about ebaying Cap's stealth suit from TWS movie.

But now that has me thinking...what are you going to put under the armor pieces?

I think he posted that in the wrong thread. There is a thread about ebaying Cap's stealth suit from TWS movie.

But now that has me thinking...what are you going to put under the armor pieces?

I thought so but wasn't sure. Looking into doing it a couple different ways. I thought about getting an under armor or a canvas style shirt and glueing the foam onto it. I also thought about making the mid section into a moveable ab piece like some of the iron man builds have. But I want to have a good range of motion in the suit so probably will not do that idea.
The legs I found canvas legs that come in different colors so I will go with those unless I find something else. I'll post a link below to the pants.

http://www.chiefsupply.com/propper-battle-rip-bdu-pant.html

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405997068.440973.jpg

First gauntlet wip. Trying to figure out the best way to give it the spiral look. And make it durable.

Finished building the first gauntlet not sure I'm super happy with it. Still have to strap it. But what do you guys think? I plan on cover it in red leather. Unless someone has a better suggestion. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406167843.676853.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406167857.876389.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406167869.026486.jpg

Thanks everyone. Just printed and cut out one of jf customs batman Arkham origins foam helmets hope to be able to modify it to a captain america helmet.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back