Salzo tos galactica build

cougar184

Have a pretty good start on salzo galatica. Been working on the base the last few weeks and installing fibers for the build and thought it was time to show off some progress. Base lights are actually multicolor but can't upload a video

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
I really like your Base,you should do a tutorial on how you made it,My Salzo Galactica is on it's way to me,I can not wait to start on it,I have a few more things I need to get before I start working on it..

Clarence
Yep this is cool I like the way it changes colors, keep us posted. Jim

Also looks like your Galactica is coming along nice, I like your cylon raider to Ive not started mine yet, I do have the older kits, viper and raider also got the mobius kits still to build. lots of projects just no time, kinda see how Mike must feel. Yep still doing research on the fiber optics I think I'm going with 0.25 size not sure on this yet, cant wait to get mine. I do love your base. how you planing on mounting you BSG to it? More pics please as Robiwon says we love pics.

Kermet,when I start on my build my plans for mounting onto a Base like Cougar184 is to have a 3/4 or 1 inch gas pipe like this in the pictures below to hold up the BSG,I am also going to be do some reinforcement on the inside of the BSG.. I am going with the same thing as robiwon,DNA and Mike used on there BSG build.I am also think I be going with both .50 and .75 for Fiber Optics as that is what Mike Salzo had recommended..

Check out Mike build here http://www.therpf.com/f11/37-1-2-in...battlestar-galactica-scratchbuild-2-a-194215/ on the forum there is a lot of info and reference that I am getting from there post..

Clarence

7M7cnH.jpg

Ckvhmq.jpg

eeDDcC.jpg

WGYLL0.jpg

Yep, I agree I like this set up and I will go with the same fiber optics, Robiwon said he was going to use a plug up system for power, this is something Ive been studying. How bout this I would like to some how put a swivel point so you can move the model into many positions for viewing pleasures. This would look very cool with this cool base, These pics of your model Vader looks bad to the bone for sure. Yep Ill be looking at alot of these pics for help info. to get me on track. For sure right now I'm in gathering mode getting things ready for the build. There's alot to get ready before you can even start building.

You could probably use some type of mount from Panavise. They are made for CCTV cameras and were widely used in the special effects shops to mount models on for filming, notably Star Wars. I'm sure they have something sturdy enough for the Salzo Galactica. Here is a Panavise mount I used on my Salzo X-Wing, Blue Leader, that Kurt showcased on his site.

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=25644

Yep that's it you hit the nail on the head, and very nice x-wing great model work, I like. So Robiwon, did you use a plug system on your Galactica this is the way I want to go on powering mine. I seen your link on the grid for wiring leds but it was to much for me to understand. I'm researching lighting right now and collecting all the stuff I will need for this build. Thanks Jim

that's a great idea, but how will you run power to the lighting?

Ken

Ken,

I would say he would just run a power wire from a main circuit junction where all the lighting connects inside the model then run the power wire down from the circuit junction through the tube to a wall plug outlet of course he may also have a on/off switch mounted some where on the pole,that would be my thinking on what he would do but he maybe doing something different..

Clarence

Hey Kermit, just realized your in KY too!

Yep sure am in Ky. and really not to far from you. Well have to get together sometime, we could possible go to wonderfest this coming year love wonderfest you probley pass my city as your going to wonderfest, not far from Madisonville as you get on the parkway going there. For sure good stuff, well get together on this. Jim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back