Captain America Shield - Some Assembly Required

TheFrankTurk

Greetings -- I've seen a few threads here about building Cap's shield, and the awesome ones are machined from Aluminum. I have a blog dedicated to building this shield:

FinalShield.jpg

It's all made from mat board, costs about $50 if you have to buy tools and mat board, and it only requires an entry-level of skills to cut, paint and assemble.

You can find that blog here:

http://shieldlab.blogspot.com/

Would love some feedback about this method and your results.

Welcome to the forums! For a budget conscious build, that looks fantastic. Very well done. :thumbsup :thumbsup
I can see many people attempting this.

This is pretty cool. Something else to try: I always thought the aluminum foil tape you buy for duct work would make a cool metal effect for a shield. It's cheap and easy to apply. Seams disappear and you can buff or polish it. A thought.

The next version of this shield is going to be made using the method at the blog, but using aluminum sheets instead of paper. The sheets buff out nicely for a silverish effect, and I'm experimenting with methods to put the spun texture on the aluminum. End of the day, if it works I'll have a method for making these out of real metal with a cost below $75 including paint (maybe about $100 if I use real leather for the interior straps).

Hey Valor -- I know you have tons of pics of your shield on-line. Is there any way you could do a 20-second video of your shield to get a full 360 view of it? It would be a great piece of reference for the rest of us mere mortals ... :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back