Star-Lord (Female), Finished Pics pg. 2, Upgrades in Progress pg. 3

Cool build thread! My wife is not in to costuming but she asked me if women could go as Star Lord and I told her sure why not?!
I'll have to show her this thread.

Cool build thread! My wife is not in to costuming but she asked me if women could go as Star Lord and I told her sure why not?!
I'll have to show her this thread.

Thanks! I personally think women (and men, etc.) can wear whatever costumes they want. No one should limit themselves based on the gender of a character they like! I hope she decides to give it a try. :)

Please, thank you.
I am sure that others will find the size reference useful.

Size reference for the bag:
2014-11-20 18.02.jpg

The wide end is about 10". The zipper is 11". There is one interior pocket - the zipper on that is about 8" and it's about 6.5" deep.

I'm 5'1", my (goofy) husband is 6'2". As you can see, the bag looks pretty small on him, and the strap is really short (the strap is the same length on him and on me - it works for me, but not for him). It might be doable, especially if you were thinking of making a new strap. But it's a pretty good size for me!
2014-11-20 18.07.24.jpg 2014-11-20 18.06.jpg 2014-11-20 18.06.07.jpg

Last edited:
I was Han Solo at last years SDCC. Love the look of Star "Lady". My daughter was "Aqua-ma'am" so we have a tradition of "gender bending". my husband just shakes his head.

I was Han Solo at last years SDCC. Love the look of Star "Lady". My daughter was "Aqua-ma'am" so we have a tradition of "gender bending". my husband just shakes his head.

Awesome! I want to do Han Solo sometime. So far, I have a blaster, lol.

My husband's first cosplay was a gender-bent Harley Quinn (complete with kilt, epic facial hair, and a 7-foot-tall hammer). He gets it! :) Almost all of my cosplays to date have been gender-bent (as are most of my future ones). I cosplay a lot of superheroes, and I'm not comfortable in spandex so that eliminates most female heroes at the moment!

You guys are a great couple! Thank you and your husband for the assist.
Like you said, should work with a strap extension and then a leather flap.

You guys are a great couple! Thank you and your husband for the assist.
Like you said, should work with a strap extension and then a leather flap.

You're welcome! Just be aware the bag itself is pretty small. I wore it this weekend and once I had the orb in it I couldn't fit much else! I'll definitely be working on upgrading it at some point, though I'm not sure when I'll wear the costume next - too many costume ideas, not enough time! ;)

Here's a couple of photos from Saturday. There are a few more on my cosplay page (www.facebook.com/echocosplay) if anyone's interested. Photos and editing by Richard Dufault.

pop expo 043IMG_0053.jpg pop expo 048IMG_0058.jpg pop expo 054IMG_0064.jpg

I still have loads to do for this costume, but it's on hold for the next little while as Christmas is coming up soon and it's always a really busy time of the year. I'll post again when I have more to share! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back