New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

Buy a bunch if you want a bunch, but not because you think you can cash in on them later. Remember Cabbage Patch Kids? Every moron out there loaded up their attics and basements with them and waited a few years. When they went to sell them they were worthless. You know why? Because every moron had their attics and basements full of those hideous little trolls.

And I HATE those wankers who buy up everything just to sell 'em on ebay or wherever with jacked up prices. I'd like to jack them up.

Yeah, kinda like those guys that have MR phasers up for $2,500.00 when they bought em for $300.00, and MR tricorders loose with no box or paperwork, for $1,200.00, which is up for buy it now, and MR communicators for $1000.00.( not talking about you now redshirt).I'd love to jack up those guys..I know what you mean...If anything, I may buy one more wand phaser for an extra, because I usually like to have 2 of everything.

And it's a little trickier to see, but here's the "paint" issue. To the left of the grid lines it looks like the paint had pooled when it dried, so there's a discoloration that makes it look like there's a paint edge. When I ran my finger over it, it was smooth, but it looks like pooled paint.

The "paint" or clear coat or whatever it was the big reason I sent mine back. Mine WAS a pool of something in a dime sized blotch with raised edges on the left side of the P1, and had a bit of what looked like finger print lines in it. I considered trying to see if I could polish it out, but I didn't want the spot to get shiny if I used a fine polish, so back it went!

I just finished making several mods to my Wand phaser. I'm not the best picture taker but let me know what you think.

Mods included the following:

Polished all metal
Added screw to bottom front
Replaced ten turn
Replaced meter window (covered red light)
Painted side of raising site on the P1

and everything still works :)/>

Looks really good! And you did what I wanted to do after I got my phaser, and that was to paint the shiny sides of the sight hood black. Yours looks MUCH better now. :thumbsup Did you use a flat or satin black paint? I thought about using some kind of black tape to cut and stick on, but I'm still considering both options.

I myself don't need a removeable or upgraded handle, since we never saw it happen on the show,
Just a point of information: they were seen separate on the show very briefly in "The Omega Glory" when Spock shows Kirk Captain Tracey's reserve belt phaser power packs. They were phaser handles.

I can guarantee the resale value will never go up.

I own two.

My wife calls me the King of Buy High, Sell Low. I buy stuff that makes me happy, but nothing that makes me happy appreciates particularly well, house not included. Therefore my purchases have guaranteed that the Wand Phaser will never be worth much more than retail. Sorry about that.
Sir, I'm humbled. Here I am thinking I've cornered the black thumb market, and now I read your impassioned cri du coeur and realize I'm just an amateur at buying stupid ****. Well played, sir, well played. :p

I would also be willing to bet that the market for MR phasers is going to drop now that the Wand Co. is out there. I'm sure some people were willing to pay the high price just because there was nothing else out there, and now there is.
The funny thing is I stumbled across this thread back around the first post when I was hunting for a MR phaser. I had just about made up my mind on pulling the trigger on one on eBay that was going for about a grand. I always wanted a phaser since I was a kid in the 70's. And by coincidence, providence, whatever, along comes this thread and the Wand Company. $900 savings and a phaser to call my own. One more thing off my "gotta have" bucket list.

Yeah, kinda like those guys that have MR phasers up for $2,500.00 when they bought em for $300.00, and MR tricorders loose with no box or paperwork, for $1,200.00, which is up for buy it now, and MR communicators for $1000.00.( not talking about you now redshirt).I'd love to jack up those guys..I know what you mean...If anything, I may buy one more wand phaser for an extra, because I usually like to have 2 of everything.

Well, I started my auctions low, but I was entirely amazed that people bid it up so high. The money went to a good cause, I was unemployed for 2 years and those sales helped me to keep the house. No lie.

What I really hate is the people who list and have shills bid things up against you.

The funny thing is I stumbled across this thread back around the first post when I was hunting for a MR phaser. I had just about made up my mind on pulling the trigger on one on eBay that was going for about a grand. I always wanted a phaser since I was a kid in the 70's. And by coincidence, providence, whatever, along comes this thread and the Wand Company. $900 savings and a phaser to call my own. One more thing off my "gotta have" bucket list.

The amazing thing is what you get on the Wand phaser. Overall accuracy, great sound and it's got a nice heft to it. You came into buying a phaser at the right time.

Last edited:
There were shown here also.

Yeah, I was going to mention "The Galieo Seven" too but I figured Redshirt had already pointed it out, but good that you covered all the instances of their appearance.

By the by, Captain Tracey's phaser is also a good example of the variety of phasers that were produced for the show. Take a look at his just after the point I mentioned and then compare to, say, the Jein model, particularly the rear fins.

I just finished making several mods to my Wand phaser. I'm not the best picture taker but let me know what you think.

Polished all metal
Replaced ten turn

Wow, nice job! Not gonna mod mine, except for the handle and maybe polishing some of the metal, but not because I'm afraid of breaking it.

pants-on-fire.jpg

Okay, it's totally because I'm afraid of breaking it. :p

But also, to me it's "the Wand phaser," with its own look. Sort of a snapshot of today's state of the art, and now that I see it for myself, definitely the finest commercial replica ever. Far beyond my wildest childhood dreams. :)

Well, I started my auctions low, but I was entirely amazed that people bid it up so high. The money went to a good cause, I was unemployed for 2 years and those sales helped me to keep the house. No lie.
What I really hate is the people who list and have shills bid things up against you.
The amazing thing is what you get on the Wand phaser. Overall accuracy, great sound and it's got a nice heft to it. You came into buying a phaser at the right time.

2 Xmas' ago I sold a bunch of MR stuff from a parts only w/case sig Shatner phaser, a 1st contact #'d , 2 comms complete and a few MR display cases. All my auctions started at 1 cent, yuppers just $0.01 with no reserve and let me say that no matter who was bidding I made a large bundle of money, no shills or shenanigans. Saved my ass from claiming bankruptcy.I will add that no matter what shows up on the market that MR items will always get a high price tag and peeps will pay and pay.

I am glad I didn't sell all my MR phasers…kept one…the Shatner Signature one. It's nice on its own level and so are it's parts. But I've had to concede that Wand phaser has a much better P1 for starters. Consider this. The Wand Phaser has purposefully been stylized with no screws as if it was really that 23rd Century phaser. It may not be a perfect exact replica to the Jein (none are so far), but it is very, very close and still keeps a lot of its updated features cannon to what Matt Jefferies drew up in the original concept phaser sketch (illuminated power meter buttons, side dial dilithium chamber, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, the MR Phaser is great for what it offers and is equally treasured in my collection. But, the Wand is also another great phaser that is an amazing triumph of design and engineering, brought to market by 2 true fans (running a small company) that were able to wring every last penny out of what they gave us. Quality and affordability.

It's a good time to be a fan of the original series phaser.

Last edited:
The "paint" or clear coat or whatever it was the big reason I sent mine back. Mine WAS a pool of something in a dime sized blotch with raised edges on the left side of the P1, and had a bit of what looked like finger print lines in it. I considered trying to see if I could polish it out, but I didn't want the spot to get shiny if I used a fine polish, so back it went!

Looks really good! And you did what I wanted to do after I got my phaser, and that was to paint the shiny sides of the sight hood black. Yours looks MUCH better now. :thumbsup Did you use a flat or satin black paint? I thought about using some kind of black tape to cut and stick on, but I'm still considering both options.

Flat black. I still need to make a few touch ups.

Polished all metal
Replaced ten turn

How did you replace the ten turn?

Used a small hand saw to remove the top black cap. After that you can simply pull off the metal ten turn wheel. You are then left with a "T" shaped post. I drilled the shape of the "T" post into the bottom of my new ten turn and the glued on using epoxy.

Boy...to many here,it seems that bottom screw is a VERY big deal...I rarely look under any replica myself, so it's not an issue for me...The jewel on the hand unit between the wheel and the meter is my big thing..but I haven't added it just yet...but hey...whatever floats anyone's boat...

At least one had a red jewel with no bezel. One used a blue watch crown. At least one had no jewel or watch crown, So really all are correct.

I like the screw because it feel a little more prop like to me. It is also pretty obvious it's there in several closeup shots.

The wand co phaser depending on runs will probably stay at the prices seen now. The MR will not drop too low at all, though people are less likely to buy them. There are some collectors out who are purists. And the remote functions would be a major turn off for them, and so some will still want the MR. I would be willing to bet that sales will hold well enough for a second run. Possibly a 2.0 issue. And at the same time make the wand company a nice chunk of cash. Maybe even allow them to make a mark x tricrder remote at a price mark of 200, or 250. And really isn't that what all our nerd hearts are hoping for. Honestly if they made a mark x tricorder I would jizz in my pants. I nearly did over the damn phaser. Home run for sure.

Just a point of information: they were seen separate on the show very briefly in "The Omega Glory" when Spock shows Kirk Captain Tracey's reserve belt phaser power packs. They were phaser handles.

Oh yes, I am well aware of that. What I meant is we never saw them being installed or removed...

My take on it is that the MR will not drop in price immediately..But I would say sometime around a year and a half from now, I wouldn't be surprised if we see em at $600.00-$700.00. That's providing that Wand production was reasonably high and they produced alot of them.In addition, High ticket items also have a limited amount of high ticket buyers..I used to do collectable records..Long ago, I came across A very rare and valuable 45 RPM record, worth a few thousand...took over a year to unload it, as the top collectors that would pay for it, already had it, and I had to sell it for less just to get rid of it...Safe to assume some buyers go out and raise , or borrow the money to get something expensive...With the wand, they won't have to do that, so that might also narrow down the list of potential buyers of the MR units..

I think that is very plausible. Icons Lightsabers were going for high prices15 years ago but when MR hit, those plummeted.

I think Wand Co phasers will be around for a while. The Harry Potter Wands and Dr Who sonic are still readily available.

At least one had a red jewel with no bezel. One used a blue watch crown. At least one had no jewel or watch crown, So really all are correct.

I like the screw because it feel a little more prop like to me. It is also pretty obvious it's there in several closeup shots.
The red jewel was seen very clearly in Friday's Child and Assignment: Earth, and less clearly (but still distinctly) in Return of the Archons, A Private Little War, and The Galileo Seven. In Assignment: Earth, both the red jewel and blue watch crown are clearly shown. GJ's hero makes the third look (seen in Shore Leave), and in the absence of proof to the contrary, I'm going with only three hero P1s ever made -- one to go with each hero, plus one with velcro.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back