New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

Nah it was stupid, once the charge light went green I put all the pieces together and nothing happened. I took the p1 off and fooled with it for a minute, clicking and pushing. Had very limited time for play with my having to leave for work and was a bit cheesed.
Helps if you turn it on. :) I read the directions up to the part where it tells you how to connect the two phasers together. Once I had a green light I figured it was good to go. What a maroon. Richard claims he should have written the software a wee bit differently.....yeah, to protect doofuses from their own lack of attentiveness.

Question though, is the emitter supposed to extend?

And why, oh why, a GREEN led on the p1?? Who didn't do their homework?? And that handle...

it's a T.V.remote that looks like a 99% accurate representation of a TOS Phaser, it is not a prop replica per say.....................so there will be no problem shipping world wide without restrictions on gun replicas............

Nah it was stupid, once the charge light went green I put all the pieces together and nothing happened. I took the p1 off and fooled with it for a minute, clicking and pushing. Had very limited time for play with my having to leave for work and was a bit cheesed.
Helps if you turn it on. :) I read the directions up to the part where it tells you how to connect the two phasers together. Once I had a green light I figured it was good to go. What a maroon. Richard claims he should have written the software a wee bit differently.....yeah, to protect doofuses from their own lack of attentiveness.

Question though, is the emitter supposed to extend?

Your not alone dbuck. I had the same problem till I looked at the Instructions to turn it on. left it on Fx and It will turn Itself off. that's all I need to know.:)

Shame. with a little epoxy and other things thrown In. you could get mighty close to hero prop. hell I would pay full price for three broken one's..

Aside from some minor changes in the P1, I'm not sure what else it needs. I'm tempted to keep it as one to experiment on, that's why I bought two after all, but I'd rather have one that works as advertised.

The one thing I really wish they had done was included a way to change the FX sound settings from the P1. Having to change them from the P2 and then remove it is kind of a bummer.

it's a T.V.remote that looks like a 99% accurate representation of a TOS Phaser, it is not a prop replica per say.....................so there will be no problem shipping world wide without restrictions on gun replicas............
Uh, talking about two different things here. The green led was simply the wrong color choice. They've admitted it. And it's far from a, "99% accurate" representation. That's more than a little obvious to anyone who knows anything about the prop's history.

Ok, I got mine about 20 minutes ago. :love :love :love I want a poster of the picture from inside the instruction manual. The only thing that would make the picture better is if it was at that park in California where Kirk fought the Gorn.

One thing I did not see mentioned is how heavy this is. It feels extremely solid.

I have to agree with a comment someone else made: If you are on the fence, jump off and buy one.

Vasquez Rocks. :) Here's John and me posing there with his props back in '06. He's lost quite a bit of weight since then. I'm still the same weight, but I sure have lost a bunch more hair! :p

IMG_1486.jpgIMG_1494.jpgIMG_1496.jpg

Mine went in the mail today to go back and hopefully get a replacement sent soon. I talked to ST.com's customer service on Monday and they said they only had about 8 left. I hope they have one earmarked for me since I called about it and told them I wanted a replacement! :eek

If you're interested in getting a Wand Phaser, ThinkGeek.com has 25% off until 11:59 PM PT on 4 Dec 2014 by using Promo Code SURPRISE at checkout. That will get you a Phaser for $119.44 incl shipping.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back