Tom Clancy's The Division (original character build)

Mine is right side carry, for game authenticity. In real life you'd never use a sling bag in the first place, so which side a sling bag would be carried on is sort of a moot point.

Well, there is that. But my right shoulder is kind of ****ed up already so I dont want to stress that joint more than necessary ;-)

Something I've not seen here, correct me if I'm wrong, but the agent on the latest DLC trailer has "the watch" on his left wrist. Would be far more practical for a right handed person like me, but also help balance the outfit which is really heavy to the right side potentially (primary weapon, comms brick, etc). Just incase anyone missed this.

Well, there is that. But my right shoulder is kind of ****ed up already so I dont want to stress that joint more than necessary ;-)

That's part of the reason why I went with a lefty myself. Being right handed, if I were to brace any sort of rifle or shotgun against my shoulder, the strap and ISAC would get in the way. Plus, as you mentioned, it's a balance issue.

By the way, EXCELLENT job with the mask and pack! :D I agreed with Awesomeness that the filters on the 3M mask being white sort of takes away from the look, so I'm glad to see others taking our lead and painting them. Your choice of grey (I did mine black) was a smart move; looks good with the overall colors of the mask.

Something I've not seen here, correct me if I'm wrong, but the agent on the latest DLC trailer has "the watch" on his left wrist. Would be far more practical for a right handed person like me, but also help balance the outfit which is really heavy to the right side potentially (primary weapon, comms brick, etc). Just incase anyone missed this.

Agreed. I still wear my watch (it's been my daily watch for the past year) on my left wrist out of habit, but naturally it makes sense to me to wear it there. Only times I've switched it to my right wrist is for the cosplay, simply because it'll show up in photos that way since I hold my primary in my right hand.

GAME UPDATE: So I got to hang out with the game's developers and walk the show floor at this years E3 again! We all got to play the upcoming DLC "Underground." I will tell you right now, it's going to be super fun! The area you explore is randomly generated, as are the enemy faction you encounter. There's a set number of mission objectives, but those cycle around. You also have the ability to add stipulations to the mission (ex: one makes it so that if you reload your weapon, any ammunition currently loaded in it are gone! For those that are OCD about making sure their magazine is full after each enemy they take out, this is gonna be a harsh lesson ;P ). They've also added a fourth difficulty setting, "Heroic." Didn't get to try my hand at that one, but I'm sure if Challenging lives up to its name, then Heroic is nothing to **** with.

Very glad to see new faces jumping on the thread here. Keep posting those costumes! :D

That's part of the reason why I went with a lefty myself. Being right handed, if I were to brace any sort of rifle or shotgun against my shoulder, the strap and ISAC would get in the way. Plus, as you mentioned, it's a balance issue.

By the way, EXCELLENT job with the mask and pack! :D I agreed with Awesomeness that the filters on the 3M mask being white sort of takes away from the look, so I'm glad to see others taking our lead and painting them. Your choice of grey (I did mine black) was a smart move; looks good with the overall colors of the mask.

Thanks! I'm thinking about spray painting the darker original grey the same color as the filters because consistancy ;-)

Oh and BOO!!! My cosplay partner can't make it to DragonCon so if any other Agents on this board are going to be there, hit me up and we can hang. This ~almost~ makes me want to have a Facebook account but I utterly despise Facebook...so yeah, no.

And I am so jealous you got to see the new DLC, Keelan!

I tried painting a mask so that it was mostly black and the darker patches of gray. If you paint the portion that actually touches your face, use something like Plastidip or a flexible paint type; also make sure to primer it, otherwise it'll flake off! I learned that from experience with the props for the webseries pilot episode.

Hopefully some other agents are there; safety in numbers and all that ;) (plus it's just more fun when there's a group of you all). If I were attending, I'd definitely try meeting up with you and others.

I feel the same way about Facebook. The only reason I still have one is because some friends that are out of the country use it as our main means of communication. Other than that...can't say I enjoy the experience.

And no need to be jealous! Everyone will get the chance to get in on the Underground fun soon enough! There's still a few kinks to be worked out before the DLC is launched, but it looks like all the elements are in the right place.

Hopefully some other agents are there; safety in numbers and all that ;) (plus it's just more fun when there's a group of you all). If I were attending, I'd definitely try meeting up with you and others.

I feel the same way about Facebook. The only reason I still have one is because some friends that are out of the country use it as our main means of communication. Other than that...can't say I enjoy the experience.

And no need to be jealous! Everyone will get the chance to get in on the Underground fun soon enough! There's still a few kinks to be worked out before the DLC is launched, but it looks like all the elements are in the right place.

Ah, no need to worry on me not having friends there - I go with a group of my SCAdien/ACL friends who run the Armory at DragonCon. They just don't have a lot of time/money/desire to do video game cosplays on top of being in armor and doing demo fights all day. One of my friends only cosplays Star Trek...I'm like, dude, live a little, lol.

My family and I call Faceplant (ahem Facebook) the relationship killer. I use Twitter like you use Facebook ;)

I so can't wait for the DLC...

Hehehe. "Facepalm." I'm gonna call it that from now on. XD

But yeah, I agree. Although, that's pretty much how I see ALL social media sites; it's part of the biggest reason I try to stay offline as much as possible (too much heartbreak in my life, don't need it all shoved in my face every time I decide to turn on a computer). I do use Twitter to keep in touch with people as well. It's mostly a matter of checking my email and seeing who messages me on what site. If there's nothing, I have no need to log on. If there's a message, I can see it there and decide based on what it says if I need to log on and reply or not. Only time I choose of my own free will to get on Faceplant (told ya!) is New Years Eve when I post a sort of review of the year I've had. Other than that, it's on a very as-needed basis, especially the last several months.

Glad to know you'll have people to be with. I can understand how tired they must be after wearing all the crap they do to add to it the task of dressing up as agents. Walking around with all the SHD gear for long hours itself gets tiring! I can't imagine how much worse it would be if choreography were to be added to the mix all day. ;)

(and yes, your one friend needs to break out of the Star Trek rut!)

Hehehe. "Facepalm." I'm gonna call it that from now on. XD

But yeah, I agree. Although, that's pretty much how I see ALL social media sites; it's part of the biggest reason I try to stay offline as much as possible (too much heartbreak in my life, don't need it all shoved in my face every time I decide to turn on a computer). I do use Twitter to keep in touch with people as well. It's mostly a matter of checking my email and seeing who messages me on what site. If there's nothing, I have no need to log on. If there's a message, I can see it there and decide based on what it says if I need to log on and reply or not. Only time I choose of my own free will to get on Faceplant (told ya!) is New Years Eve when I post a sort of review of the year I've had. Other than that, it's on a very as-needed basis, especially the last several months.

Glad to know you'll have people to be with. I can understand how tired they must be after wearing all the crap they do to add to it the task of dressing up as agents. Walking around with all the SHD gear for long hours itself gets tiring! I can't imagine how much worse it would be if choreography were to be added to the mix all day. ;)

(and yes, your one friend needs to break out of the Star Trek rut!)

I've just seen too many people get destroyed by Faceplant to want to have anything to do with it. Of course, that's a double edged sword for me - I am a computer scientist and have had a lot of job interviews where they asked me if I had an account and then not believed me when I said no. Sometimes, you can't win for loosing.

But yeah, Dragoncon will be fun, if I ever get this cosplay finished. I ran into a massive issue with the brick/shoulder beacon/ISAC thing yesterday so it's back to the drawing board. Fun Fun.

Yeah. As an educator, it's one of those things where I know it's going to be checked whenever I interview for a new position (though I haven't had to worry about that for a handful of years until now). I can only imagine how in the digital age a person in your position would be looked at as a bit of an odd duck for not embracing the use of such "networking" sites.

I I ran into a massive issue with the brick/shoulder beacon/ISAC thing yesterday so it's back to the drawing board. Fun Fun.

MythMaker offered up a file through his cosplay videos for a cardboard version, if you need something quickly to get the job done (I do believe he posted the YouTube video somewhere in the thread not too long ago, a little before the game was released).

If you can't find it let me know and I'll email you the file.

Yeah. As an educator, it's one of those things where I know it's going to be checked whenever I interview for a new position (though I haven't had to worry about that for a handful of years until now). I can only imagine how in the digital age a person in your position would be looked at as a bit of an odd duck for not embracing the use of such "networking" sites.

Oh trust me, I am an odd duck ;). It's my thing.

MythMaker offered up a file through his cosplay videos for a cardboard version, if you need something quickly to get the job done (I do believe he posted the YouTube video somewhere in the thread not too long ago, a little before the game was released).

If you can't find it let me know and I'll email you the file.

I am actually going a totally different route than all of you - I am a carpenter and am building mine out of wood. The issue I was having was that my LEDs weren't bring enough so I bought so EL wire and, using a combo of LED and EL wire (and a mirror), I got the ring much brighter. So thats problem 34 solved ;) but thank you for offering!

So finished painting my gun...I think it turned out well. Of course the better looking side is the left side (grade a typical there)...

Unpainted, stripped of scope, mag, light, etc.

IMG_1174.JPG

Light base coat of white and taped for stripes.
Img_1175.jpg

Finished product.
Img_1177.jpg Img_1178.jpg

Lookin good, Wulfkat! Definitely looking forward to seeing the final build!

And I like your approach to the ISAC. I was originally going to figure out a way to make mine out of clay or some other material to make a cast with, but ended up getting fairly lucky with the 3D print (though I do still think one solid piece would be better than having a hatch and too complicated internal electronics to deal with). I hope to find a better solution than the EL wire that I used; could just be the wire itself, but still. The LED ring used by Awesomeness seems pretty good to me, I just don't know enough about electronics to use it. Maybe down the line when I have enough time to really learn about how it all functions and such.

Keep up the great work! :D

I cheated with the LED lights - went to Target and got their LED tea lights. The link to that is below - it is a ridiculous URL. The tea lights are just a base with a top - you can pry the top of fairly easily without interfering with the inner workings. Or you can just cut it off, I suppose - I have nothing to cut plastic cleanly with and I destroyed my fingers trying to cut it with a exacto knife before I gave up.

Anyway, that leaves you with the LED light still attached to the battery and leaves the switch for the light intact.

I plan on posting the full build out for ISAC on my website when I get around to it. This is what it currently looks like (except the wire now runs through the bottom) - the light is amazingly bright which is always hard to tell in pictures.

Img_1176.jpg

http://www.target.com/p/white-led-6...fSi73-07tjWVKO0lhQuZEaAgqb8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

AWESOMESAUCE! :D

Definitely post a link to your website when you post about the ISAC build!

I think I'll look into using the tea light light you did; seems a good fit for my plans to make a silicon unit (that way it can be beaten to hell and not break) once I teach myself how to make casts and such. :)

The issue I was having was that my LEDs weren't bring [sic] enough so I bought so EL wire and, using a combo of LED and EL wire (and a mirror), I got the ring much brighter. So thats problem 34 solved ;) but thank you for offering!

Agreed. I always try to make any "effects" on my costumes overdone... lights extra bright, chainmail extra big, voice changers extra loud, etc... so that they can be seen in extreme conditions (e.g. the bright lights of a contest stage, or out side, or the noisy convention floor). My ISACs (I still call them "shoulder beacons", as we really don't ever know what they are) are so bright they are almost blinding in a regularly lit room... and my code actually has them turned down to only 85% intensity. On the convention floor, however, the don't come off as being all that bright.

FRIGGIN' SWEET, Blast! LOVE IT! :D

Get some black straps and have the ends black and it'll be more game-accurate.

Prototypes are finished, just going to be in need of having the bio logo and text added to the bag. Will post pics of those soon enough.

In the meantime, here's a little something I did earlier today that should whet everyone's appetite:

View attachment 496469View attachment 496470View attachment 496471

Grabbed an old container I had in public storage (relocated the contents to a different one), and voila! Instant SHD "loot crate" ;)

Going to replace the sticker with a vinyl one later on, but this is pretty much it. Going to keep all my cosplay gear and the customized props inside of it for [appropriate] safe keeping.

Should have pics of the finished MedPen and proto of the loot bag uploaded sometime in the next week. Might also put up some progress for the Sticky-Bomb gun while I'm at it.

Can you tell me more about the case?

Spec script?

As in what the project the props/costume pieces were being made for?

Not so much a spec script as a short webseries. Essentially, we've enough scripts for around a dozen episodes telling a full narrative when they're pieced together. Some hiccups with the production after filming the second episode (partially due to a lot of footage not being up to the quality we'd hoped, so a whole reshoot might be in order; other than that, it's difficult since each episode thus far has been paid for out of pocket...that **** adds up FAST)

Though, I have been considering doing a spec for a feature (especially now that Ubsioft has announced The Division as one of the IPs they intend to give the film treatment to).

..... In regards to your question about the crate; it was something I bought at a local Wal-Mart YEARS ago. They don't carry them anymore, unfortunately. If you look hard enough you can probably find them on eBay or Amazon, or something very close (perhaps even more accurate to in-game?). All I did was get a vinyl sticker of the SHD Phoenix logo printed up and slapped that sucker on there! XD

Also, Thanks for the friend request, CarverSindile! :)

As in what the project the props/costume pieces were being made for?

Not so much a spec script as a short webseries. Essentially, we've enough scripts for around a dozen episodes telling a full narrative when they're pieced together. Some hiccups with the production after filming the second episode (partially due to a lot of footage not being up to the quality we'd hoped, so a whole reshoot might be in order; other than that, it's difficult since each episode thus far has been paid for out of pocket...that **** adds up FAST)

Though, I have been considering doing a spec for a feature (especially now that Ubsioft has announced The Division as one of the IPs they intend to give the film treatment to).

..... In regards to your question about the crate; it was something I bought at a local Wal-Mart YEARS ago. They don't carry them anymore, unfortunately. If you look hard enough you can probably find them on eBay or Amazon, or something very close (perhaps even more accurate to in-game?). All I did was get a vinyl sticker of the SHD Phoenix logo printed up and slapped that sucker on there! XD

Also, Thanks for the friend request, CarverSindile! :)

How much does it cost at Walmart when you bought it and how much is it now at Amazon and/or eBay and what should I type in?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back