ESB AT-ST SM SS questions...

thanks for the late lesson :) I could have saved a few bucks by just getting the Churchill, the crock was twice what the Churchill was, I couldn't seem to find any auctions that could show those fenders, or kits scans.
hopefully this will benefit the next guy

thanks again :thumbsup

Welcome :) those pics are taken from studioscale.com

Not a total loss if you ever decide to build another model like the 8ft ISD or Slave One (and many more !).

Ah! Exactly the same thing for the Churchill....
Now, for the ford F1, That 's good to know. So the extra "1/12 Ford F1" is just for the engine parts???
What I find a bit weird is that on that list, it refers to specific parts designation and I do not find the same designation from the other "ford engine F1" kits. That makes it confusing in my brain. :)

Thank you Julien.

Steph
Steph

Well for the TESB atst you'll need one BT44 which has the Ford engine parts you need plus other parts for the model. If you can mold and cast parts you dont need another F1 with a DFV engine. If you dont, you'll need another F1 with a DFV engine because you need 2 sets of tranny parts (one for the chin gun and one for the chassis).

so here's a first picture with armature, kit bits ready to be bashed and vacformed head that I've started to cut.
I hope someone still can provide vacformed head in case I f...k it up. :)

myATST_1001.JPG

Some will find me slow but I still wait for some parts before moving on further on the head. Just want to make sure measurement are correct based on the donor parts.
More I receive the kits needed for this project more I understand the process you guys went through. Some of them need so much sanding that I still wonder how you did find those parts out. My hat's off to you gentlemen.
I was looking at the Airfix 1/24 Messerschmitt BF109E and I was wondering if the most recent version still works? The only kit scan I've found was from the older version and confirmed what parts I need from it and I hope those parts are in the newest kit too. If someone could confirm.
myATST_1002.jpg

I'm starting to think about gluing method. Styrene on styrene, I'm ok with that.
I'm a bit more worried about styrene on aluminium. I think superglue is to brittle for that and maybe epoxy would be a better idea.
Any advice?

Steph

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back