Secret Cinema presents Back to the Future (London)

This truly sucks. Surely they should've known well in advance whether the set would be finished in time or not, or if they had their doubts they could've pushed the dates forwards a bit and give people time to cancel and/or rebook travel and hotels and such instead of letting people know so close to the event. I mean why over-promise and under-deliver rather than under-promise and over-deliver? I feel sorry for all of the people disappointed at this and hope they reimburse people for their troubles :(

This is very true, they should have warned people when it was time. I just asked them about refunding the travel, I will see if they will be up for this...

It's so irritating, I'll never manage to gather the money for this month if I ever want to come back... Plus, my bf does not want me to go all by myself, so that would mean 2 train tickets, and 2 show tickets again :/

It's so irritating, I'll never manage to gather the money for this month if I ever want to come back... Plus, my bf does not want me to go all by myself, so that would mean 2 train tickets, and 2 show tickets again :/

No, no. That's not right at all. You get on their a** about this issue until they make it right for you. This was not like a weather issue that they had no control over. THEY messed up. THEY didn't have things ready in time. THEY chose the last minute to notify people. And now YOU'RE out money, time and the whole experience? If they EVER plan on doing business in the UK again, they *will* make this right for all involved. Don't give up, hun.

(But, if your bf doesn't want you going alone, he needs to pay his own way. *He* doesn't need to make *you* spend *your* money (again) because *he* doesn't want you to go by yourself. That's HIS problem.)

My 2 shillings.

Your Friend in Time,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

Haha I know! But I don't really want to go by my own either XD but either way, SC have ignored my messages concerning the refund for my train tickets :/ I mean, they said they will see what they can do and now it's been a week they ignored me... Even if it was for myself only, I don't think I'll manage to find a cheap return and manage to buy a ticket, it's a matter of over £100/150 just for myself (and this is pretty much what I got on my account just now lol....). So I'm not sure I can afford this anymore, especially since I'll be going back to college on the 21st, and I will probably need money for new stuff...

Same here... I spent over 700 Euros for a trip to London, show got cancelled last minute... So I had a contact there because I helped them find a Delorean for the show. So I asked my contact at SC and he told me they would reimburse my flight and hotel costs. But nada, nothing...Just ignoring all emails and calls after that.
I didn't even get new Tickets or my money back! Have to go through the Creditcard-Company.
What a bunch of a**holes...

Not putting down anyones negative experiences, but I went on Thursday and it was amazing.

A friend of a friend is an extra in the show and the reasons for the cancellations were down to good old Health and Safety.

Some of the elements in the show would definitely cause local councils here in the UK to have a bit of a fit.
Without too many spoilers, having cars doing a good 30-40mph round a makeshift lawn area, with almost no safety barriers makes for a great show, but it would only take one drunk idiot (and there were a lot of them) to get up at the wrong moment and it wouldn't end well.

The show itself it very well done.
If you just sit on the grass and wait for the film, then you would feel a little let down.

I however, was always walking around and interacting with the actors and situations.

I asked Biff "what are looking at....butthead"
I asked Goldie about his political aspirations
I danced to Earth Angel at the Enchanment under the Sea dance, then said out loud "How about something that really cooks?" - I wasn't disappointed

If you do get the chance to go EmmaInCandyland, it really is worth it.

Also, sit against the left hand hedge, near the front, just in front of the inconspicuous looking tower - should be inline with Ruth's Frocks and the small diner (not Lou's)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with Funkster - this absolutely blew my mind. Lucky enough to go last night and absolutely loved it. Seriously one of the best nights I've ever had. We were lucky enough to get Bob Gale there doing an intro before the film. I wish I had tickets to go again.

if anyone is on the fence about doing this don't be

I went to the event on August 16th.

I didn't see this postcard on the event.

I found this picture online,
so I didn't know about the postcard then.

Has anyone seen it there ?
Maybe in one of the shops on Hackney Road ?
Didn't have time to visit them either.

highres_387770902.jpeg

I would like to have one,
I live in Belgium so I can't get back to London to get the postcard.

Can anyone help me get one ?

Greetings,
Soxbrother

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back