Finished The Eighth Passenger

daredevil665

Sr Member
Hello everyone. With this new thread starts a new replica of the ALIEN HR Giger version. This time I will try to be more technical than the previous ALIEN built by me. This new alien will have a trellis that runs the full height, which will allow you to mount / unmount ALIEN, legs, torso, arms, head, tail, rear tubes. Some of these parts will be assembled by means of magnets. I'm still undecided on the height. The original should be around 233 cm, but I'd like to get about 260 cm. It will support on a wooden base with a thickness of only 2 cm, with the ability to add wheels. The previous base was 20.5cm high. The pose will be like the one on display at the museum, because other poses that I had suggested in the previous thread are bulky and, in my humble opinion, less disturbing.

AAA 112.jpg

This new sculpture will be more faithful to the original, with regard to the proportions, with head and feet large, and hamstring deflated. The fill volume will be polystyrene, coated with clay / cellulose-based that air dries.

To align the model to the original, I used this picture, I had to change by turning the chest and head, because it seems that these original parts are a bit 'drooping toward the rear.

ALIEN CONFRONTO.jpg

To be continued. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New lifesize Giger Alien Version

Hello everyone,
I took some time off.
Now resume the project ALIEN bis.
I designed a cutter for polystyrene and now I'm building.
In previous sculpture of ALIEN, I used a red-hot blade manual, but I had to leave 1 cm more material, because it is difficult to cut orthogonally and the excessive heat created holes. So, very earnest rasp, to achieve the correct size.
With this cutter, everything should be more comfortable and precise and allow me to cut the finite size + 1mm.
It can cut a maximum thickness of 570mm. is adjustable in height, through a vertical register and a horizontal recovery of harmonic steel wire 0.5mm thickness. Will have a potentiometer and a 100 vatt transformer.
The base is of plywood 1000x1000x15mm, on which pennellato three coats of primer and two protective wax.
It's nothing incredible, but perhaps someone may be interested to build one.:)
Here are some pictures...

IMAG1416.jpg IMAG1417.jpg IMAG1407.jpg IMAG1408.jpg
IMAG1409.jpg IMAG1418.jpg IMAG1419.jpg IMAG1420.jpg
IMAG1421.jpg IMAG1422.jpg IMAG1423.jpg IMAG1424.jpg IMAG1425.jpg

Greetings and see you soon.

It works !!!
I can use any section of harmonic steel wire and any length in the range from 150mm to 550mm, because I can adjust the amount of electric current with the potentiometer, from zero up to melt the wire. Size also fit the extruded polystyrene XPS, that with the normal cutters from 0.2mm would be very slow, due to the density of XPS. The first thing is done. The next step will be to build the mask frame assembly.

Until next time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello everyone,
the frame is almost finished. It remains to fix the graft by the tail.
The next step is to cut the extruded polystyrene (XPS) based on the silhouettes of alien, and create the grooves to accommodate the frame. I thought I would do this by heating a tube and melt the polystyrene. If I use a tube smaller than that which will be hosted, I think the most accurate measure of jaundice. This method is faster and less strenuous manual cutter.

See you next.

TAVOLA PER TAGLIO POLISTIRENE ALIEN.jpg IMAG1433.jpg IMAG1434.jpg IMAG1435.jpg IMAG1436.jpg IMAG1437.jpg IMAG1438.jpg IMAG1439.jpg IMAG1440.jpg IMAG1442.jpgIMAG1443.jpg

Hello everyone,
here is the full frame with graft tail.
IMAG1444.jpg innesto coda.jpg

This, however, is the support for comfortably operate on the bust when it is not mounted on the legs.
IMAG1445.jpg SUPPORTO BUSTO.jpg
See You Soon

Hello everyone,here is some progress. I cut the boundaries of the parts on transparent sheets,that will help me bring the details on polystyrene. I used a hot iron to make the channels that house the aluminum frame. Then I packed with glue the frame inside the panels. The electric cutter allowed me to cut the pack of glued panels,also in the lateral direction,putting under a thickness and two aluminum bars to equalize the discontinuous profile and to obtain orthogonal cuts. This is a bust and I will do the same for the other parts of the body. See you at the next progress. :)

IMAG1450.jpg IMAG1452.jpg IMAG1453.jpg IMAG1463.jpg IMAG1455.jpg IMAG1460.jpg IMAG1464.jpg

Re: The Eighth Passenger

here is some progress,some embroidered with tape.
IMAG1481.jpg

Today the department store I found these parts used to Giger alien. when I needed I found them not even cry. Today I do not need,I find an avalanche.
IMAG1480.jpg
is the fate that makes fun of me?:wacko
I forgot, someone can give me a picture of the front of the skull Giger Alien. If that there are different versions,like that of Rambaldi,but I do not know which is the original Giger (possibly in front view) thanks.
See You Soon

Last edited:

Looking good!
Thanks Clutch. :)

This weekend I completed the fixing system of "exhausts" and the rear fin. In fact, even if it would be enough, would add little magnets that will block those small oscillations that may be moving the statue, caused by the small space between the square tubes (male / female). I also created a fastening arm, which is more complex, because the arm has two angles and most distances to be checked while making the fixing.

See you next.

IMAG1482.jpg IMAG1483.jpg IMAG1484.jpg IMAG1485.jpg IMAG1486.jpg IMAG1487.jpg IMAG1488.jpgIMAG1489.jpg IMAG1492.jpg IMAG1493.jpg IMAG1494.jpg

Last edited:

Daredevil665 Wow just wow! I mean i thought the last one was amazing and you are already making another epic. Well done sir!

Excellent! :)

Daredevil665 Wow just wow! I mean i thought the last one was amazing and you are already making another epic. Well done sir!

Thanks guys,
Hello everyone,
I would like to know your opinions about the fingers of the alien hand.
In the film, the fingertips of the alien are joined, instead the model made by HR Giger, that I believe was used to get the molds, the tips are separated, as can be seen in the reproduction of Yoshihiko Sano. Like you the favorite? In your opinion, why they joined in the film? anyone knows their history about it?

alien.jpg tumblr_lsgnnzwm6f1qaww4ro1_500.jpg alien1979directorscut10.jpg 302094-1.jpg

They glued them together to give the actor the ability to move all 6 fingers, of course with his hand only in 5 'glove' fingers.
Still, If you're asking for preferences, personally I prefer the glued fingers to the spread open hand. Feels right probably because they were like that on film. The on film and as seen on film is always my preference...but that's just me.
Keep up the great work.

David

I agree with David "as on screen" looks best :) they also continued this idea with the alien from ALIENS. If it were up to me, I'd go with the stuck together fingers :)

Last edited:

They glued them together to give the actor the ability to move all 6 fingers, of course with his hand only in 5 'glove' fingers.
Still, If you're asking for preferences, personally I prefer the glued fingers to the spread open hand. Feels right probably because they were like that on film. The on film and as seen on film is always my preference...but that's just me.
Keep up the great work.

David

I agree with David "as on screen" looks best :) they also continued this idea with the alien from ALIENS. If it were up to me, I'd go with the stuck together fingers :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/LJH74/Ferro_zps5762789a.jpg

I too agree, even though I like them both. I think the look "Xenomorph" (xeno = unusual and morpho = form) befits better with a form that does not make sense in nature, because they are two separate fingers at the base but united in the tip. Never seen in nature. It might seem similar to the chameleon, but those of the chameleon are not formed by two fingers together. Then Alien is similar to the human, has a tail with sting like the scorpion, wove like a spider, comes from eggs like cockroaches, have exhausts on his back, and nerve fibers are exposed without skin and resembles death. Xenomorph is just one! :wacko

Yesterday evening I had tacked the form, but I did not want to influence your choices.
IMAG1495.jpg

Thus, I needed to have greater peace of mind.

Thank you very much participation.:):thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back