Boromir's belt with Forged belt buckle LOTR

Durame

Hi everyone!

Here is one of my latest projects for a costumer, its Boromir's belt from Lord of the ring.

The belt is made out of heavy veg tanned leather, tooled and then dyed. The buckle is forged out round stock mild steel. Then a 18g mild steel plate is welded on top and then engraved with the three of Gonder with a dremel. The belt is modular so that it can be worn with or without the sword so it would be cinema friendly for my costumer to attend premieres and cons.

I also made a matching belt pouch with gondor tree to complete the set as a bonus for the costumer so that he would be able to carry the one ring......he was very pleased! :)
Hope you like it!

lGalerie-9142.jpglGalerie-9143.jpg
lGalerie-9150.jpglGalerie-9175.jpg
lGalerie-9177.jpglGallerie-9136.jpg

Nice work - love to work with leather myself and enjoy seeing such clean work.

How screen accurate is this or did you make a stylized piece ?

Thanks! The buckles are pretty accurate. The toolling is done in the style of the original but not exactly like in the movie.... I think they were stamped with a desing on a heavy press instead of hand tooling like I did.... Either way is good in my mind but I did not have the tools for casting/sculpting precises stamps.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back