Slave II (Pursuer-class enforcement ship) Finished!

mikoyan99

With the "Hero" TIE Bomber finished for our film:
http://www.therpf.com/f11/tie-bomber-amt-tie-advanced-x-1-now-studio-scale-212845/index2.html

I've been able to start work on the antagonist's vessel. I'm using a version of Slave II, one of Boba fett's ships from the EU. The reason behind this choice is simplicity and cost - the vessel is entirely made of flat surfaces, and onlky a few of those, so it's possible to make a decent model from scrap in a short period of time. So far foamcore (sintra board) and plasticard have seen use to make the main fuselage. I'll be fabricating the wing and greeblies tommorow.
7DgnkJ5.jpg

49l4Cqp.jpg

Filming for the effects shots commences on wednesday, i'll post updates here as the build progresses.

Boba Fett won't be featuring, for reference - this is intended as a pirate ship of sorts.
-Matt

Last edited:
Re: Pursuer-class enforcement ship (Slave II)

Vessel nearly ready for primer:
1NiHqEs.jpg

059z1V3.jpg

m8xLMz2.jpg

Needs some final details and a smidge more filling. You can't see very well in these photos, but i've scribed panel lines across the entire vessel.
-Matt

Great stuff, I was going to suggest maybe this should be in the General model section, but don't think it matters really as its a free for all in here now by the looks of it, that said, great model

Great stuff, I was going to suggest maybe this should be in the General model section, but don't think it matters really as its a free for all in here now by the looks of it, that said, great model

Thanks! I put in it here as it's a shooting model for our own film/studio, but I don't mind where it goes really.

Progress wise, i'm about halfway through painting now. Bit of a rush job, but we're hoping to shoot on wednesday and I need to sort the digital backgrounds as well. I'm using a tan basecoat, followed by some pre-shading and a light tan top coat + diffusion weathering. I wanted to use a pale green as per wookiepedia, but we're using a green backdrop for the chroma key!
-Matt

Finished:
Hq3lV8K.jpg

YkfX4f3.jpg

8iyhI3u.jpg

KEhugvN.jpg

LoW71z8.jpg

yYWg8rD.jpg

w9iwlYA.jpg

xzENKiE.jpg

Still need to build a shooting rig for them though. Final weathering included a coffee wash in the panel lines, thinned black paint, and burning matcheads on the surface to simulate laser blasts. Very happy with the result, came out very well for a conglomeration of scrap plasticard.
Let us know what you think,

-Matt

Attachments

• X8tG40l.jpg
    X8tG40l.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 214
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back