Commander Neyo Paint up

welshwarrior123

Hey guys,
Ive kinda stopped frequenting these forums this past year, so trying to get back into the swing of it by posting up some work. So over the last few months ive been going through a clone phase with commissions, and ive just been asked by a client to finish up a SkygunBro Neyo helmet kit. Thought I would through up some progress pictures on here as he dosent seem to be a well done clone, at least not as popular as Rex and Cody. I recently finished up a beautiful commander cody Kit which I thought came out really well, this was my first crack at doing a clone helmet, bit of a trial by fire;

So this was how the Neyo Kit arrived. Straight out of the mould, un trimmed and still leeching. It would need a good scrub with some oven cleaner and some sandpaper;

After a good day of work, I got it to a presentable state. Most of the major holes and imperfections were filled, while the visor, teeth and aerator holes were all cut and trimmed out. I put a dusting of primer down so I could see where any other issues lie:

With the primer Dried. I then went in with some putty, filled in any holes and gave it a good sand to get it smooth. I then hit it with a 2 coats of white paint. Like I said, im going through a clone phase at the moment, so im also working on a Waxer along with Neyo:

With the white laid down, I then went in and applied the black and grey trim, followed by the decals on the forehead and cheeks. I also added some black to the mouth as in some screen shots, Neyo has some weathering around there:

Ive got to hit him with a clear coat know to seal the paint and the decals, then i can get on to the weathering. Waxer is still only in the white phase of the job so I will update this thread with him as well. If any of you guys are interested in seeing more, I have a facebook page where I post all the work I do:

https://www.facebook.com/LewisWhiteFX

Any thoughts or opinions on him would be appreciated,
Thanks

Lewis

Looks very good. Commander Neyo is my favorite clone commander. Did you consider painting the forehead symbol and tube stripes before going with decals?

Good memories that one!! One of the first kit I've ever done and finished!!! Good job on it!! I would advise to paint the decals instead, you won't regret it in the long run!!! Keep at it!

Totally forgot about this thread and thought I should close it off with the finished photos. Also along with the Neyo, I also painted up a Movie style Waxer from the animated clone wars show. Both are airbrushed and finished off with pigments for the weathering. Hope you guys like them:

Thanks for the advice guys, but this was for a client who was adamant on the vinyl decals. I gave them a heavy clear coat so hoping that keeps them secure. The waxer is all painted, the tube stripes and kill stripes/clanker marker. Just hand drew them on some masking tape and cut it out with a scalpel, not as good as a laser cut stencil but I thought they came out ok.

Let me know what you guys think.

Lewis

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back