Let's learn with Warhammer 40K space marine helmet.

Mountainmilkjr

Hi everyone !!!!

I introduce to you my space marine helmet for warhammer 40k.

More than a warhammer fan I do this project to learn how to use correctly pepakura, fiberglass, bondo, and all of it.

I most welcome you to comment. Like I said, I do this project to learn so ANY/EVERY advices are welcome !!!!!!!!!

So first I start with pepakura, I learn from my previous try on a iron man helmet that 80g/m² paper doesn't work. I manage to print up to 210g/m² paper.

The pep file I used for this work is called "Shineys SM Game - helmet". I can't tell you where I found it 'cause I Downloaded it a while ago.

pepspacemarine.png

20140621_130104.jpg

I used woodglue to put it together as it allows you adjust a bit when not fully dry.

20140621_130107.jpg

20140621_130131.jpg

20140621_192742.jpg

20140621_192801.jpg

Last edited:
For every one who is just starting with pepakura here are so pics of my iron man helmet. You can see that the paper "bend" under his own weight ( and with the resin ).

ironproblem.jpgironproblem2.jpgironproblem3.jpg

I could have fix that with bondo ( sintofer as a french citizen ) but i didn't really knew at the time.

Hi shsims,

110lb card stock is around 260g/m². So even better for pepakura !!! The printing weight limit is given by my printer^^ Who can't work over 210, I tried 250g/m² but the paper got stuck.
I'll look for " card stock " see if it's better or accepted by my printer.

Looks good - tidy pep! In my experience, I get better results with two thin coats of resin on the outside, instead of one thick coat, especially on the areas where the panels are quite large.

hmmmm can't seem to be able to choose the size the pics will appear on the page.

Can anyone help me?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiberglass and resin ( the eyes holes and nose have only been slightly resine 'cause I plan on cutting and opening them )

20140625_204317.jpg

First steps with bondo, 1st layer, 1st sanding !!!

I realize that the curse where quit "sharp" so I marked the inside, where I estimate that sanding would "go through" :

inside40k.jpg

then fill those mark with bondo.

20140701_134605.jpg

Thanks Blaxmyth.
I did actually use 2 coats of resin as it allowed me to take my time and be sure that every bits of paper get covered. The second layer mainly to strength some part.

Last edited:
Any more progress on this? You've done a great job with the formation and sanding... what's next?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back