SNG studios Daily video

It was a very long day working on our costumes for the big Halloween party tomorrow night. I also made Mary a set of prosthetic Poison Ivy eye masks. I also lined my Batman cowl. It fits so well and feels so much better than just the latex against your skin.
Mary worked on her Ivy costume at length making gloves and attaching ivy leaves to her costume.
Lastly I worked more on the Eagle. I worked on the diorama a bit more and stared adding the fiber optics for the stars. Soon I’ll start making the Moon’s surface. I also plan to airbrush the star field.
We will take lots of pictures tomorrow of the two of us in costume.
Steve

IMG_0468.JPGIMG_0469.JPGIMG_0470.JPGIMG_0473.JPGIMG_0474.JPG

Mary and I went to our first Halloween party last night and here are some pictures before we went to the party just after getting suited up.
It was a amazing to walk along at night seeing this huge Batman shadow on the streets. Last time I ever did this I was 16 when I made my own Batman costume then. My inner child was a glow!
We have one more outing in the costumes on the 31st and will get more pictures and some green screen shots.
Mary did a great job on her costume. I made up her eye mask pieces but she made everything else and my cape. We make such a great team I love her so.
Steve

Bats-1-1.jpgBats-4-1.jpgBats-3-1.jpgBats-2-1.jpgIvy-1-1.jpgIvy-2-1.jpg

I like the return to having the camera close up on what you're doing this week. Although I realize it's tough to work one handed! :)

Last two days have been varied and interesting.
A lot more progress was made on the Eagle and keep in mind that there will be a special SNG video on this build when its all finished. I have been filming every step of the way on B camera. ;)
Mary had the great idea to add the Earth in the BKG which is lighted or back lite. The Moon surface was made using burlap on foam core and Ultracal 30 although you could do the same thing with plaster the color of the Ultracal is exact to that of the Moon. I didn't have to paint it. The craters were made while it was still wet. I splattered it with drops of water getting real craters.
We shot a bunch of scenes yesterday for "Martians Attack SNG" with Rosie. Peanut butter and trial and error got us many of the scenes that Bill and Heidi Hughes wrote with Rosie in the movie. We are bit by bit getting a movie made and it's so cool!
In addition we cast up another set of ears fro Tammy Klein and Glenn Campbell.
Lastly more Aztecs on the JJ mobile. Aztek Dummies masks are simply the best I have tried.
More to come!
Steve

IMG_0499.JPGIMG_0494.JPGIMG_0490.JPGIMG_0484.JPGIMG_0506.JPGIMG_0507.JPGIMG_0508.JPGIMG_0509.JPGIMG_0516.JPGIMG_0499.JPGIMG_0494.JPGIMG_0490.JPGIMG_0484.JPGIMG_0506.JPGIMG_0507.JPGIMG_0508.JPGIMG_0509.JPGIMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent the entire day working on the “First Contact” Phaser rifle that Hank Zimmerman gave us at SNG.
I could not find the recommended paint base color that HMS recommends in the instructions on Roddenberry.com. They said something about Plastic Coat metallic gray. But I did find Krylon Stainless steel. The same color as it turns out. I was unhappy at first with the results as the paint had a textured dark fleck look to it but I later found out that it was a dust and it buffed out to a beautiful stainless steel look.
I did a lot of masking and painted some of the areas of the rifle gun metal. The rest a buffed out flat black to give it a semi flat look.
It’s a beautiful piece and it is nearly done. Another couple of hours of tweaking and she can be hung on our wall and used in the film. Complete with lights and sounds, and let us not forget and blue laser.
Steve

IMG_0546.JPGIMG_0549.JPGIMG_0550.JPGIMG_0558.JPGIMG_0560.JPGIMG_0561.JPG

Great to see you back with a selfie video! Reminds me of your first one. Thank you for all the entertainment since then!

Thorsten

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back