SNG studios Daily video

Lots more work done on the Martian ship and all will be explained in Friday’s video.
Seen here are all the bits it took and templates to make the various parts. Also we did a lot of vacuum forming of window bubbles. I made up some wooden forms to do the windows.
More tomorrow although it’s back to the dentist for the last pass of deep scaling tomorrow so it will be slower progress.
Steve

DSC03289.JPGDSC03291.JPGDSC03294.JPG

Steve, thank you so much for your videos. You make it all look so easy. And you make me remember what modeling is all about. Thank you.

Thanks to both of you it's much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

I had fun today at the wood lathe and made up the weapon deflector for the Martian space craft. A piece of pine, a band saw, drill press and my favorite Fox Lathe did the trick.
Additionally I got the sheeting of styrene all completed and secure. Not bad for 5 days but I was hoping I’d get the underside dome where the turning gears and blinking engine lights will be. I have to shape up the buck for that and vacuum form on Monday.

DSC03309.JPGDSC03310.JPGDSC03312.JPGDSC03313.JPGDSC03314.JPG

I spent a lot of time preening the surfaces. Got some primer added to see where the bad stuff was and there wasn’t much to fuss over. I started adding the Tulip weld lines and rivets. It’s starting to take form. With any luck I’ll have a bit of color on it tomorrow.
The lower dome I have decided to sculpt, pull and alginate on and cast up an Ultracal 30 buck. Quickest way I can think of to get the engine dome.
Steve
DSC03344.JPG

This is starting to really look like the sketch now. Better in fact. I still have lots to do. Next we go down stairs and make the vacuum formed engine bubble and start adding lights down there. I’ll need to make some interior parts as well. Chairs with the Martians sitting in them which means I need some small Martian figures too. That means more sculpting not unless I can get Kenny to pint me up some. Hmm…
Got the bottom of the Skydiver preened and painted brass. It won’t take too long to finish off the paint job now. In addition to all this I got a Batman cowl on the way and made the under skull mold for the Martian. It’s my hope tomorrow to make a kin and the under skull. So much fun stuff to do.
Steve

DSC03350.JPGDSC03353.JPGDSC03355.JPGDSC03356.JPGDSC03358.JPGDSC03359.JPG

Got a Batman cowl! Finally. Got a perfect first pull of a silicone Martian skin for our puppet. And a Picture of Simon's perfect for "Martians Attack SNG." The eyes finally set up Simon so out she goes tomorrow. Video will upload tonight and be up tomorrow which shows how all this stuff got made. Stay tuned!

DSC03363.JPGDSC03366.JPGDSC03372.JPG

What a week, so much done. Today I spent the most of it working on the perks. I got all the Communion busts done. One for Simon, another for Chris Hunt and the last one for my dear friend Jim Boyle.
Monday I’m pouring up the Cochran statue for Rob, finishing off the Spock busts and painting all those Spock ears. Remember all these are available on our website. I’m finding out many of you didn’t know this.
I got my Batman cowl foam lined and was able to slip it on without any cutting of the back. We made a simple collar out of the same material Mary used for my cape. It was amazing looking in the mirror and seeing the Bat on me. Last time I did this was in High School in the late 60’s. I handmade a Batman costume based on the TV show at the time. I swore one day I would make another. Nearly 45 years later today. Wow, what an interesting feeling.
Have a great weekend everyone. We will be at Monster Palooza tomorrow and Mary will be shooting a SNG special report from the Con.

DSC03377.JPGDSC03379.JPGDSC03384.JPGDSC03386.JPG

Great stuff! That Martian spaceship is the bomb:)

Thanks a bunch!

- - - Updated - - -

Got all the perks done for our backers! They will all ship early next week on our monthly trip to town. Which BTW will include a trip to my old friend Larry Cohen's house.

We will be doing an interview with him about his films (many that I worked on) and my very favorite, "The Invaders." This will be an SNG special.

Got to work on the Skydiver most of the day and the top side paint job is done except fo a few minor details. Tomorrow I flip it over and paint the bottom. This finishes the model until I get the WTC and RC equipment.

We also got a Batwoman Cowl poured today and should have it out of the mold on Thursday.

Stay tuned kids.

DSC03396.JPGDSC03397.JPGDSC03401.JPGDSC03402.JPGDSC03404.JPG

The latest on the Skydiver. I had hoped to finish today but I got picky. And besides, there was a lot to do on the Sky all by itself. Things like cutting out the intake and painting the bottom. Adding parts I forgot about. Tomorrow I'll add some kind of pilot and blend in the canopy. Then move on to finishing the paint job on the bottom of the diver part. I still need to add some insect screen to the intake.

DSC03405.JPGDSC03411.JPGDSC03416.JPGDSC03420.JPGDSC03422.JPG

Nice job!
\
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Spent all day on the skydiver. I was able to get a pilot head and dash board in the cockpit. One thing I don't like is that the canopy doesn't fit. It's too wide for the model. Go figure so I did the best I can outside of making my own which isn't a bad idea. I'll think on it, I got a lot more painting and pinstriping done too. We are nearly there. I figure Monday is the day.
Pulled Belle's Batwoman cowl out today. It will sit over the weekend and dry out all the way and I'll paint it on Monday. Came out great, This time the mold was dry and all I did was fill the mold up with rubber, let it sit for a long while and pour it out. Nice thick cowl.
Episode 10 will upload tonight.
Steve

DSC03435.JPGDSC03436.JPGDSC03439.JPGDSC03440.JPGDSC03445.JPGIMG_0326.JPG

DSC03435.JPG

DSC03436.JPG

DSC03439.JPG

DSC03440.JPG

DSC03445.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back