SNG studios Daily video

Another hard day at Enterprise. It may not look like much to the eye but it was 7 hours on the pylons to get them to fit together cleanly and lock them cleanly to both sockets of the engineering section and the nacelles. Today I'll be sanding the putty smooth, primer and actual hull color and secondary parts added. Gisell and Jen worked on teeth and the cores for the creatures hands for our new show. Gisell has never sculpted before yet she's doing a first class job sculpting my Klingon teeth. Jen has never before made a core interior in clay for the cores for these hands and has done a better job than I would have done. impressive, most impressive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tuto in the video Steve; always interesting. Got to tell ya, your workshop looks a lot like Santa's :cool

I've just acquired one but the top of the saucer is quite warped :(
I'm trying to fix this one but thinking of building a new top.

ngines are lighted. The little tear drops near the flashing NAV lights are installed. All the figures are in the windows. In fact everything is installed in the saucer section. This means I can close it up tomorrow. Gisell finshed the articulated hands today. she painted them and we attached to the puppet for a look. Next will be to attach the cables and controllers to move the fingers. By the end of this week the Enterprise will be painted. Next week decals.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Keep in mind my worry wort friends that the weathering is over contrasted by the shorn comings of the iPhone. In person it much more subdued. Dispite the fact the actual studio model was heavily weathered. But I digress. All the decals are on. There's still a bit more painting needed. I have started the base details. The chevron you see is a decal transfer that will be added to the clear plastic before painting the whole sheet black. Then the decal is removed allowing for a lighted up chevron. The plague will be mounted above I just taped everything in place to see the placement. To the right and left is where the signatures will go. Signatures for cast and the technicians and craftsman behind Star Trek. I should finish tomorrow At long last.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back