The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (Post-release)

Re: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

Just got the email of this. Stupid excited. But I'm kind of a dork and I'm a girl who thinks she is still 12, so I would be.

I like it! I'm also extremely excited for the Mockingjay movies.

Some folks me want to smack them though with their repeated comments of 'oh, how will they ever expand the story to fit two movies?!' Oh, I don't know.... maybe show stuff that Katniss isn't privy to/present for, like they did in the first two?! /endrant

I like it! I'm also extremely excited for the Mockingjay movies.

Some folks me want to smack them though with their repeated comments of 'oh, how will they ever expand the story to fit two movies?!' Oh, I don't know.... maybe show stuff that Katniss isn't privy to/present for, like they did in the first two?! /endrant

Or how about not cutting out parts that they deem irrelevant but are actually quite important... /endmyrant

Just got the email of this. Stupid excited. But I'm kind of a dork and I'm a girl who thinks she is still 12, so I would be.

I'm only one of those three things (Kind of a dork), but I'm excited for this as well. I enjoyed the books and so far I've thought the movies have done a really nice job.

Also, does anyone know if Phillip Seymour Hoffman had finished his part or not? I never heard anything about it when he died, and I always felt like it would be kind of a heel thing to ask "So do we still get the movie?" But enough time has passed so...anyone know?

Or how about not cutting out parts that they deem irrelevant but are actually quite important... /endmyrant

I very much prefer the new trend of stretching it into more than one movie. Makes me wish they'd done that for all of the Harry potter books...at least as a special edition. A couple of those movies cut so much they felt more like trailers for the story than an actual attempt to tell the story. How do people who haven't read the books even follow that?

These books have plenty to fill that amount of time in my opinion.

I remember reading he had done the majority of it.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

This year my daughter turned 12 and is a BIG fan of the books and films.
attachment.php

A quick card I did for her
attachment.php

Seeing this in the theater on opening night will be mandatory for us. I'm hoping she doesn't find out that there is a Hunger Games marathon tomorrow ending with a showing of the Mocking Jay, I don't think I can handle 9 hours in a theater anymore. :lol (Maybe for the SW OT ;) )

Attachments

• card done.jpg
    card done.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 389
  • bday 12 076c.jpg
    bday 12 076c.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
I gotta admit, after the hatchet job they did on the first one, Mockingjay Pat 1 was excellent. I freely admit to having tears in my eyes when they took out the hydroelectric dam. It was very reminiscent of PotC 3 at the beginning with those people defiantly singing, knowing that they were marching straight to their deaths.

What a great movie. As always Jennifer Lawrence did a great job.. The did a good job taking stuff from the book and putting it on screen.

This was a really good flick, I liked it better than part 2, and though I haven't read the books my daughter thought the story was handled better in the film. I haven't been impressed with Josh Hutcherson in the past, but he nailed the part this time. This will be on the BR shelf as soon as its available. :thumbsup

I viewed this movie with my girlfriend, the Jacket that Jennifer Lawrence wore in this movie was fabulous and my girlfriend wanna get this Jacket at any cost. I don't know what to do please give me some idea

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back