300 Spartan brooch and cape

jedistine

Here's an attempt on the brooch and the cape of the Spartans from 300. The flash has made it a little more shinny than it really is. It seam that every Spartan has a unique brooch, this is just a general try at one that is non-specific.

300003.jpg

Looks nice, I want to make a full spartan costume myself. Just need to build up some muscles :) What did you use to make the brooch?

Very cool.

I'm wondering how many "Spartans" will be showing up at con in a "screen acurate" outfit that really don't need to be in a "screen acurate" outfit. :confused

-B89. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK412 @ Mar 8 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]1434664[/snapback]</div>
coo man. i like the cape. where did you get that?
[/b]
The cape is "Monks"cloth, you can find at most fabric stores, and then I dyed it scarlet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthgoat @ Mar 8 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1434757[/snapback]</div>
Interesting. Nice work Jeff.
[/b]
Thanks, Now if I can lose 30 pounds of fat and add 20 pounds of muscle by DC I can wear it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedistine @ Mar 8 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1434759[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthgoat @ Mar 8 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1434757[/snapback]
[/b]
Thanks, Now if I can lose 30 pounds of fat and add 20 pounds of muscle by DC I can wear it.
[/b][/quote]

Go and buy the Men's health magazine on the shelf now. It has Gerard Butler in it and it talkes about the training these guys did for the movie. Also go the the 300 website. They have a ton of video documentaries on there and a couple are on the training the actors did before hand. Warning though the stuff they did is NOT for the weak of heart. I do some of it and or variations of it and it is very hard..... Good Luck.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark One @ Mar 8 2007, 05:20 PM) [snapback]1434788[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedistine @ Mar 8 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1434759[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthgoat @ Mar 8 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1434757[/snapback]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Go and buy the Men's health magazine on the shelf now. It has Gerard Butler in it and it talkes about the training these guys did for the movie. Also go the the 300 website. They have a ton of video documentaries on there and a couple are on the training the actors did before hand. Warning though the stuff they did is NOT for the weak of heart. I do some of it and or variations of it and it is very hard..... Good Luck.....
[/b][/quote]
Damn skippy. The trainer is a monster. B)

Check out video #3 for the training concept:

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/video_journals.html

Very nice work.

I wonder how much increased business the gyms are going to get now that this movie is out... :)

Unless I'm mistaken, a couple of shots in the movie make it look like the cloak has a hood. Can anyone confirm or deny?

And would the cloak be the standard semi-circular design?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CadetTK2386 @ Mar 8 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1434783[/snapback]</div>
That looks fantastic, Stine.
Your Spartan will go great with my Immortal :p
[/b]
I was rather coveting an Immortal outfit as I watched the movie. I hope to see it at Dragon*Con.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SmilingOtter @ Mar 10 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]1436389[/snapback]</div>
Unless I'm mistaken, a couple of shots in the movie make it look like the cloak has a hood. Can anyone confirm or deny?

And would the cloak be the standard semi-circular design?
[/b]
I'm quite sure it's just a rectangular cloak (hence the "hooded" look...)
Just my 2c :)

So what's the verdict on this? Is it semicircular or is it Rectangular?

and if rectangular, what corners go where?

Kind of a cape-noob here. I've made one in the past, but that was a full-elipse aluminized-mylar cape. It's a touch different...

Basic pics would be appreciated...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back