FanExpo 2014 (August 28-31)

So Thursday night maybe 9:30 PM ish, Fionn MacCool's on the Esplanade???

Who's in, sound off!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed this after I posted same. See ya there.

For any curious parties I am cosplaying Marvel Comic's Mole Man this year with my buddy as Jim Lee's Cyclops!!!

So Thursday night maybe 9:30 PM ish, Fionn MacCool's on the Esplanade???

Who's in, sound off!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed this after I posted same. See ya there.

For any curious parties I am cosplaying Marvel Comic's Mole Man this year with my buddy as Jim Lee's Cyclops!!!

yep 9-9:30ish, but it's on Front, not Esplanade. The Front St location is at Front/Blue Jays Way just a little bit west from the MTCC.

Anyone opposed to me trying to get @FanExpoCanada to retweet the following:
@FanExpoCanada Please RT! UNOFFICIAL @Therpf Toronto Cosplay Meetup! Fionn MacCools 310 Front St W Thurs, Aug 28 #cosplay #fanexpocanada

Maybe even ask @Therpf to retweet:
@Therpf Please RT! UNOFFICIAL Toronto Cosplay Meetup! Fionn MacCools 310 Front St W Thurs, Aug 28 #cosplay #fanexpocanada

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone opposed to me trying to get @FanExpoCanada to retweet the following:
@FanExpoCanada Please RT! UNOFFICIAL @Therpf Toronto Cosplay Meetup! Fionn MacCools 310 Front St W Thurs, Aug 28 #cosplay #fanexpocanada

Maybe even ask @Therpf to retweet:
@Therpf Please RT! UNOFFICIAL Toronto Cosplay Meetup! Fionn MacCools 310 Front St W Thurs, Aug 28 #cosplay #fanexpocanada

Thoughts?

Please God don't call it a cosplay meetup. This is a community thing. I'd rather not have a bunch of people with no idea what the RPF is just show up because they're in costume. Just my personal opinion of course but I'd rather a smallish gathering of people I know than a massive group.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
fair enough, just looking for a way to spread the word, is the preference not to spread the word, or just remove the term "cosplay" from the tweets?

also its possible i've misunderstood the purpose of this community, is this forum more geared towards the art of fabricating props and costumes as opposed to cosplaying? I'm not throwing attitude or complaining, just looking for some guidance.

removing duplicate post, sorry

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, meant to comment on your's not post new

fair enough, just looking for a way to spread the word, is the preference not to spread the word, or just remove the term "cosplay" from the tweets?

also its possible i've misunderstood the purpose of this community, is this forum more geared towards the art of fabricating props and costumes as opposed to cosplaying? I'm not throwing attitude or complaining, just looking for some guidance.

is this forum more geared towards the art of fabricating props and costumes as opposed to cosplaying?

Yes. Absolutely yes. Albeit in my personal opinion. Hell, it's only the last few years that costuming even got a section of its own. To see its origins you just need to look at the name of the site, The Replica Prop Forum. :)

My personal opinion is unless we're reserving the entire venue just leave it as a private event amongst us here on the forum. But I'm not organising so that call isn't up to me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I'm with Michael on this - it should be specifically an RPF thing otherwise it's likely to balloon out of control. I think that getting FanExpo to tweet about it might result in way too many people showing up. Fionn McCool's isn't that big, so we probably shouldn't open it up to the entire cosplay community. I think that having just an RPF meetup will be nice. :)

I agree completely. I look at the RPF as a group of artisans who see things differently than everyone else. I apologize if anyone is offened by this comment, but that's just how I see it...GM

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back