The Predator (New Sequel)

Ugh, sounds like Arny's back if he can't talk about it. MAJOR FAIL.

If Arnold really is coming back for this installment, I think I'll give Shane Black the benefit of the doubt that he can actually do something with him. I do find Shane Black to be a talented writer, director and actor who has been with the industry since the 1980s. And let's not forget that he's worked with Arnold on two occasions, most obvious one being the original Predator.

I don't think the same could be said for anyone involved in Terminator Genisys.

Arnold can still work. He could either be the head of the unit hunting a Predator, or be pulled out of retirement to either fight or teach the new guys how to fight them.

I have a lot of faith in Shane Black. Seriously, I loved Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and Iron Man 3 (probably the best IM film out of all three). I have faith in him. I'm sure he's going to give us an excellent, frightening and fun Predator movie.

If Arnold really is coming back for this installment, I think I'll give Shane Black the benefit of the doubt that he can actually do something with him. I do find Shane Black to be a talented writer, director and actor who has been with the industry since the 1980s. And let's not forget that he's worked with Arnold on two occasions, most obvious one being the original Predator.

I don't think the same could be said for anyone involved in Terminator Genisys.

My problem is that the franchise isn't about Arnold, it's about the damn Predator. Nobody wants to see a Friday the 13th rebootquel with Cory Feldman, right? If Arnold had done part 2, like Sigourney Weaver did Aliens/3/4, I could see the logic, but he didn't, the franchise sputtered along, and now trying to shoehorn him in is just nostalgia stroking.

I dunno, this is one of the few sequels I wouldn't really mind Arnold coming back to, if he is brought back in to teach the new team or something like that. IMHO everything, other than the original, that has involved this creature has been absolutely horrible. He couldn't make it any worse.

Well, maybe the second one was okay. But that's just my opinion, you may like the later stuff.

didn't the "special team" say in P-2 dutch died from his wounds?? I think he lived long enough to tell the tale.... that's how they knew how to track the second pred and "somewhat" protect themselves. either way I will definitely give it a shot :popcorn

didn't the "special team" say in P-2 dutch died from his wounds?? I think he lived long enough to tell the tale.... that's how they knew how to track the second pred and "somewhat" protect themselves. either way I will definitely give it a shot :popcorn

Part of an Amazon review on the Predator 2 novelization IMG_20160522_234811.jpg

No, it's not. THR went with that statement in their recent Benicio Del Toro news and then other sites went with the same. Shane Black has told on more than one occasion that it's not a reboot.

No, it's not. THR went with that statement in their recent Benicio Del Toro news and then other sites went with the same. Shane Black has told on more than one occasion that it's not a reboot.

:facepalm

Just love the mixed messages. And when sites make crap up essentially.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back