Foam Build Ghostbusters Proton Pack updated 22/07/2014 Ghost Trap added

Demolition

Hi guys just wanted to share my foam build proton pack ive always wanted one since i saw the film 30years ago, I remember as a kid making one from cereal boxes and getting told off from mum for stealing bits from the hoover lol, Now im on a bit of a budget and cant afford to make one as accurate as some of you guys and got the bug to make one when a friend on facebook (Joe Scrivens) made one from wood, I wondered if it was possible to make one from foam ive made lots of props from foam from ironman armor to stormtrooper armor but never anything like this, So i thought i would just jump in the deep end and give it a go and this is what i have so far.

Now looking online for an Alice pack frame i couldnt find one cheap they was all going far over £40 so i thought i would have ago at making one of them as well i found the mesurements online and i had some plastic pipe in the shed .

i could find any cheap green straps and had an old rucksack laying around so used that petty there black but i dont think they look that bad.

Now when i came to making the gun i wanted to put electronics it the whole pack and if i made the gun from foam it wouldnt be that stable and i wouldnt have much room inside so i made the gun from sintra and it came out quite nice.

and this is where im at today all the electrics are fitted in the gun (ive never seen so many cables in such a small place it took me all day to wire it up and im just waiting for some clear plastic pipe coming for the end i couldnt find the top hat lights so ive found something similar they should be ok we will see when they get here . Over all im really happy with how its turned out.

OK Ive finished all the lights and the thrower is now all finished, Ive gave it another coat of paint and refreshed some of the labels Ive also replaced the weight on the bumper and the hose as i wasn't happy with how it looked im just now waiting for my sound board then i think i want to work out how to make it vent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm_bIV3yTLw

Last edited:
Re: Foam Build Ghostbusters Proton Pack

Oh dear I think my heart lusts after another prop. Again. :p Excellent work, especially with foam which is a bit of a bugger some of the time!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back