Chicago Comic-con are you going show us your cosplay costume

Well I ordered my contacts today.... and the guys coming with me from KC are down for the Zombie walk on friday hope more of you will join in The bigger the mob the Deader the party.... HAHAHA as Splinter would say "I made a funny".

Holy crap, apparently the weekend passes for the con sold out today! I hope everyone here that needed the full weekend managed to get theirs. Glad i didn't procrastinate this year!

I've been going to this convention since 2008 and I've had friends going since before that and this is the first time I've seen weekend passes "sell out". It happened with NYCC this morning and we all know the deal with SDCC. I guess it's the new trend.

OK so 2 things. The Stan Lee VIP experience has reopened with a few tickets so those of you that would like to drop $325 the option is open for a vary sort time...
As this is one of the main reasons I am attending the CON I have purchased one of the Stan Lee VIP Tickets, as such I now have an extra regular weekend pass that i do not need. I have 24 hours to let Ticket Leap know if i would like a refund on them... so If any of you would like them shoot me a message and let me know, if not i will just get my money back.

4 hrs left to pick up my extra weekend pass. Then I toss it back to the masses. :)

4:45. Ok no takers... back to the ticket company it shall go.

Last edited:
You guys see some of the guests they've added recently? Man, they're really ramping it up this year. Today alone they added Patrick Stewart, Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie. Not to mention Raj and Wolowitz from Big Bang Theory that they added last week. Granted, i'm going to mostly just meet the horror icons like John Carpenter, Bruce Campbell and Elvira, but they crowds of people this year are going to be insane.

Ya I did see that Doc. Trying to cut some $$$ corners elsewhere so I can spend more at the Con on autographs and stuff. IT is getting close.....

Got my contacts in today from Sclera-lenses.com. I ended up ordering their "mini" sclera lenses. They're an in between size lens, not as wide as full scleras but bigger then average lenses. One month left to nail down the final details!
DSCF0909.JPGDSCF0915.JPGDSCF0917.JPG

Nice...... looking good Doc, i really think they pull it together. nice job on the green paint it looks like it matches the face mask nicely... they must have delivered mine at the same time because I just got home from work and Surprise there they were. put them in and scared my niece who is over for a play date. My kids however were unfazed. my oldest just looked at me and said "Dad you know your eyes are white right? ... OK then" they have been desensitized to the abnormal.
20140721_154238.jpg20140721_155334.jpg20140721_155831.jpg20140721_155834.jpg20140721_160516.jpg
When i had the contacts in i grabbed the wrong eye drops and dilated my right eye HAHAHa. I still look like a freak.

How's the visibility with the white out lenses?

Not That Grate. Hard to say but about 30% visibility. If you were to take a milk jug and cut a section out of it and then hold that section up to your eye you would have a pretty good idea. you can see ruff outlines and can walk around OK but No driving or anything other than acting a fool and having a beer. :)

Ick, i really want to work on the new scarecrow. But I've never worn contacts and i keep being told the visibility through white out contacts is terrible

Ick, i really want to work on the new scarecrow. But I've never worn contacts and i keep being told the visibility through white out contacts is terrible

Ya the visibility is $*** but they sure do look cool...... I will use them for the Zombie Walk on Friday and Later this year When I work on Sub-Zero.. The Black Out contacts are also a cool effect and the visibility in them is actually pretty good, your depth perception is a bit off so i still would not drive but overall about 95% viability.

Were those the mesh ones? I've heard that visibility is always impaired, but some styles can be better than others.

they're full scleral contacts but in the center it is comprised of mesh.I think I may have made them sound worse than they are. And I still think they are worth it. The fact that the rest of it is white distracts from the mesh in the center ,unlike the regular contacts with mesh that you can definitely see where the contact starts.

Last edited:
Hello guys. I will be going to Wizard World chicago, however the weekend passes sold out so I'm not sure which days yet. I'm definitely going to be going as Iroh from Avatar, and am going to start building his suit this week.
I'd love to meet some people in the area as I don't know a lot of nerds in Chicago Land, I'm a recent transplant from Ohio.

Unfortunately, with my impending vacation plans, there is no way I will have time to finish Red Hood before the con. Consequently, the funds spent on said vacation are leaving my recreational cash a little light. I may still grab a generic ticket for Saturday, just so that I can say I went (even though I'll have to pass up most of the featured stuff), but that remains to be seen.

The good news is that I live in Chicago, so I think I am going to try and meet up with you guys for bar night on Saturday, just because it will be great to meet a bunch of like-minded makers!

Hello guys. I will be going to Wizard World chicago, however the weekend passes sold out so I'm not sure which days yet. I'm definitely going to be going as Iroh from Avatar, and am going to start building his suit this week.
I'd love to meet some people in the area as I don't know a lot of nerds in Chicago Land, I'm a recent transplant from Ohio.

Look forward to meeting you. The first post shows the when and where for the meet ups. Hope you will join us for the Walking Dead Zombie Walk on Friday.

Unfortunately, with my impending vacation plans, there is no way I will have time to finish Red Hood before the con. Consequently, the funds spent on said vacation are leaving my recreational cash a little light. I may still grab a generic ticket for Saturday, just so that I can say I went (even though I'll have to pass up most of the featured stuff), but that remains to be seen.

The good news is that I live in Chicago, so I think I am going to try and meet up with you guys for bar night on Saturday, just because it will be great to meet a bunch of like-minded makers!

Alrighty then. Had you may make the con and even better that you will be able to join us for a beer... to bad you can't finish Red Hood in time.

The scheduling is perfect for the meet ups. Not sure if I'm going to be at the con on Friday (still possible) but Saturday night is 90% that I will attend. I have another meet up with the We Are Cosplay group that afternoon. And if I do attend Friday, it will most likely be out of costume. I have only one cosplay that would fit a convention like this and all my others including the ones I'm working on are anime themed.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back