Chicago Comic-con are you going show us your cosplay costume

Here's a small sample of my Shredder. I'm going with the Tengu version. Also, maybe the OP should suggest some times and places to see which we can all agree on to for a quick get together.

IMG_20140623_222449.jpg

RPF MEAT AND GREET: As i have never stayed near the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center I say we take Infymys's suggestion and meat at the Red Bar in the Hyatt on Saturday. As for the time I am open to suggestions. Do you guys want to meat up before the costume contest or after?

Here's a small sample of my Shredder. I'm going with the Tengu version. Also, maybe the OP should suggest some times and places to see which we can all agree on to for a quick get together.

View attachment 342351

That is looking sharp man. (Pun intended) seriously though I bet we see some turtles that you'll be able the put the hurt on with new movie coming out and all. That really is good work.

That Shredder is looking pretty badass. Here's an update on my Hobgoblin as well-
DSCN0836.JPGDSCN0834.JPG
Just need to attach the straps to my Goblin samurai mask and nail down what i'm going to do with my eyes and forehead. Oh, and the Hyatt on Saturday is fine by me for meeting up!

Looking good Doc. I love the little pumpkin bomb that is a nice touch.. The devil is in the details. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I NEED your feed back on this one... I Need to know from you RPF individuals do the silver streamers take away from the Venom feel because they are not black.

check out my thread and let me know.... http://www.therpf.com/f78/first-time-venom-endeavor-help-welcomed-212692/index2.html?highlight=venom

I think the streamers look fine. They remind me of Venoms web moves in Marvel Vs Capcom-
venom3.pngvenom4.png

Holy crap, apparently the weekend passes for the con sold out today! I hope everyone here that needed the full weekend managed to get theirs. Glad i didn't procrastinate this year!

I've been going to this convention since 2008 and I've had friends going since before that and this is the first time I've seen weekend passes "sell out". It happened with NYCC this morning and we all know the deal with SDCC. I guess it's the new trend.

I've been going to this convention since 2008 and I've had friends going since before that and this is the first time I've seen weekend passes "sell out". It happened with NYCC this morning and we all know the deal with SDCC. I guess it's the new trend.

I've been going since around then as well and couldn't remember it ever selling out, let alone two months beforehand. It's crazy how popular "geek" culture is right now.

I bought mine back in April but i still missed out on the Stan Lee VIP. So I had to buy the autograph and Photo-Op separately... At work the non "geeks" all reference The Big Bang so the shows popularity has certainly had an influence on the mas population, at least hear in the mid west.

Last edited:
There's a possibility that I may be attending the Friday of the con as well. If I do, I may not cosplay for that day as I only have one costume slated for the event. I don't think any of the anime cosplays I have will be recognized by many at this particular type of convention since I did a test run on one of them at C2E2 and no one had any idea who I was. Anime Central on the hand....

Back to topic. I guess the Red Bar at the Hyatt on Saturday for a quick together sounds great. There's also the Expoteria restaurant that's connected to the convention center where we could meet for lunch and it would probably be cheaper or rather, not as expensive. Lunch, discussion and an RPF photo op and there's still plenty of time to attend panels or anything else we might have planned out individually.

Lunch on Friday would be great. I don't know if I will have much time on Saturday between waiting in line for Stan Lee and getting ready for the costume contest. But I will have time for drinks Saturday after the costume contest at the Red Bar. If Friday works for lunch how about 12:00 at Expoteria..

Also, If any of you want to meet up or need help with your costumes the day of, just shoot me a message all of my links are emailed to my phone.

Well the count down is on to complete our projects for the Con. I don't now about you Jents but I am starting to feel the pressure.

Just had an Idea Would any of you like to do a Zombie Walk On Friday. A Zombie costume is extreamly fast to throw together and with all the walking dead cast I Think it would go over well at the CON. I think i will order some Sclera lenses to top off the costume. Not bad for $100. I have bought contacts from Sclera-Lenses in the past and the effect was the life of the party.

http://www.sclera-lenses.com/product/sclera/white-zombie-sclera-contact-lenses-_1-pa/358

IMG_9850_(2)[1].jpg Walking Dead party. !!!!!!!
zombie-2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm feeling the pressure now, mostly to save up some spending money for the con. I'd be up for a zombie costume on friday depending on when my photo op for John Carpenter is. I dont want to look too crazy when i meet him.

Here's a pic of me in my Tengu Shredder from Anime Midwest over the weekend. Basically doing a test run for Wizard World Chicago. Just have to tighten up a few things and make some gloves and claws.

shredder3.jpg

There's a possibility that I may be attending the Friday of the con as well. If I do, I may not cosplay for that day as I only have one costume slated for the event. I don't think any of the anime cosplays I have will be recognized by many at this particular type of convention since I did a test run on one of them at C2E2 and no one had any idea who I was. Anime Central on the hand....

Well your shredder is looking ready to kick some shell !!!! can't wait to see it in person. If you do attend on Friday what do you think about the Zombie Idea sense it can be thrown together quickly and you don't have another outfit ready to go.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back