Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

And if they were actually a group from mandalore known as the knights of wren, it would be even cooler

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rjsd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

rjsdb.jpg

That video is so full of holes and assumptions I couldn't get through it all. A nice idea, but there's not enough there without making wild, unfounded assumptions.

If it is true it just cements an unease I have with the new movies and the distant way I view them from the OT, that is, I don't know what qualifies Johnson or Trevorrow as definitive 'authors' of the Star Wars universe.

Neither of them are remarkable movie makers or visionary contributors to the medium. I may as well be expected to take as gospel anyone's idea of what should happen next.

i love this Rain Johnson guy already! :thumbsup
He is kind of a snarky *******. I kind of think he is borderline arrogant. But hey, if his movie is great, and he makes sure everyone knows it, thats cool then. The worst is when someone talks smack but then backs it up. :lol

Also, is his name pronounced "ryan" or "ree-ann"?

He is kind of a snarky *******. I kind of think he is borderline arrogant. But hey, if his movie is great, and he makes sure everyone knows it, thats cool then. The worst is when someone talks smack but then backs it up. :lol

Also, is his name pronounced "ryan" or "ree-ann"?

I just like how he's firing back at fans. The movies not even out yet, give him a chance. If TLJ turns out to be ESB2.0 then we can tar and feather this arrogant sucker!! Get the torches! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just like how he's firing back at fans. The movies not even out yet, give him a chance. If TLJ turns out to be ESB2.0 then we can tar and feather this arrogant sucker!! Get the torches! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I can see where firing back at fans is needed.

other times, I think it's totally un called for and makes the person look like a jerk.

Sometimes I can see where firing back at fans is needed.

other times, I think it's totally un called for and makes the person look like a jerk.

now you see i dont see him coming off as a jerk at all. give this guy a chance, we saw what 2 minutes of the film and because there is walkers people are jumping all over this poor *******. "oh theres walkers its gonna be just like ESB" "oh he's going to be darker, another ESB" c'mon

when the movie comes out and it sucks, then we can all hate. until then I'm staying positive with the force. Im excited to see where this goes

now you see i dont see him coming off as a jerk at all. give this guy a chance, we saw what 2 minutes of the film and because there is walkers people are jumping all over this poor *******. "oh theres walkers its gonna be just like ESB" "oh he's going to be darker, another ESB" c'mon

when the movie comes out and it sucks, then we can all hate. until then I'm staying positive with the force. Im excited to see where this goes

i've had two movies to be positive.

I've lost that hopefulness at this point ;o).

I think a little criticism, not going too far into the insulting of course, isn't uncalled for at this point.

What happens if this one IS like ESB? it might not be his fault at all. could be disney calling the shots.

i've had two movies to be positive.

I've lost that hopefulness at this point ;o).

I think a little criticism, not going too far into the insulting of course, isn't uncalled for at this point.

What happens if this one IS like ESB? it might not be his fault at all. could be disney calling the shots.

then I'm going to be pissed! and ill be the biggest rain johnson troll from here on out! :p

It seems like everyone (almost) is so afraid this movie will not be up to their expectations, that they are posting comments about the director and Disney just to be ready with the "I told you so" card if the movie goes in the toilet. If it is a huge hit critically; (not financially, which is almost a given) they will have to roll up their ITYS cards into suppositories and place them, carefully, where the sunlight never reaches. Then they will simply come up with semi-lame reasons, or pompous justifications why they were such haters before they ever saw the film. Or they'll just disappear in to the darkening shadows of troll caves all over the Star Wars world and hide until they can re-emerge to begin slamming episode 9.

I think total creative control is probably true, but as ole ben said....from a certain POV.

LFL has the 'story group', no? My guess is the story group says 'this is what happens in this movie'. And at that point, the director gets 'total creative control'. I don't think he can say, "hmm, i think i'll bring the emperor back" if it's not part of the 'story'. They probably get freedom within the story parameters they're given.

I also don't get why people think Disney pokes around in SW. It's not their wheelhouse frankly. No one says they're messing with Marvel.

It seems like everyone (almost) is so afraid this movie will not be up to their expectations, that they are posting comments about the director and Disney just to be ready with the "I told you so" card if the movie goes in the toilet. If it is a huge hit critically; (not financially, which is almost a given) they will have to roll up their ITYS cards into suppositories and place them, carefully, where the sunlight never reaches. Then they will simply come up with semi-lame reasons, or pompous justifications why they were such haters before they ever saw the film. Or they'll just disappear in to the darkening shadows of troll caves all over the Star Wars world and hide until they can re-emerge to begin slamming episode 9.

Wow. Assuming i'm reading your post correctly, and if not, please forgive the following rant ;o).

If the movie is a hit critically...and I hate it... guess what?

I will have no problem telling you i hate it. and I will STILL say i have doubts about episode 9 and anything else coming out after that not being good.

Sometimes a person can STILL love a property, and HATE the direction the new stuff is going in, WITHOUT being a troll.

It's just that simple.

This war on what people deem as 'negativity' is so silly it's bordering on weird at this point.

I get there is alot of true needless complaining. i get that people are tired of being told they are 'sheep' for liking something the vast majority of folks don't like. I get that people feel that they think they CAN'T like something if someone dislikes it.

But if someone constantly doesn't like something, it doesn't automatically make them a troll for doing so. it just means they arn't afraid of the reaction they get for voicing their opinion. however loudly, and however frequently. and in this crazy world we live in, where people emote more than think, it sometimes means you have to do it louder and more frequently before people begin to listen to what you try to say.

This post is a hold over from something not related to here, so please excuse the opportunity to rant :).

Maybe they should mess with Marvel. Just sayin'.
Marvel is printing money for them. I doubt they are going to screw that up. The learned not to mess with something they own in regards to Pixar. Leave em alone and they will make you money. Simple as that.

And whats wrong with the movie if it IS like ESB? I love that movie. :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back