Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I don't have a problem with changing the scar simply because I couldn't have told you what the scar looked like in E7. As they said, it was on screen maybe 3 seconds. Toss in the medical technology of the universe and he doesn't even need to still have teh scar. I mean, seriously, in ESB they had a 100% dead on hand on Luke as soon as he got to a medical frigate.. I suppose i suck as a die-hard fan if I don't know the exact length, width, and location of everyone's scars....
This. The damage to Kylo's face isn't shown that well in TFA - the screen time is minimal and from a distance.

Rian didn't have to address this at all - but, he did and he accepted the "blame" for it.

Toss in the medical technology of the universe and he doesn't even need to still have teh scar. I mean, seriously, in ESB they had a 100% dead on hand on Luke as soon as he got to a medical frigate.. I suppose i suck as a die-hard fan if I don't know the exact length, width, and location of everyone's scars....

Assuming Kylo has access to that medical technology (I don't see why not given his status and power), he may have intentionally left the scar to motivate him, like a constant reminder of the person who bested him, and to drive him to get revenge.
If they actually address it in the movie, that would be my guess. It may not even warrant screen time.

Assuming Kylo has access to that medical technology (I don't see why not given his status and power), he may have intentionally left the scar to motivate him, like a constant reminder of the person who bested him, and to drive him to get revenge.
If they actually address it in the movie, that would be my guess. It may not even warrant screen time.
Probably still more interesting than the Prequels senate scenes or trade negotiations :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I care less about the position and more about the fact that they felt they needed to make it a dainty barely noticable thing now. That was a BIG a** cut. It should be a gnarly scar. But no, we need to keep Kylo pretty.
Except he is the one of the ugliest MF'ers around. They gave him long hair to hide his gigantic doofy ears. I hated the casting of that guy, I cant stand Kylo Ren but I guess thats good, a villain youre supposed to hate. He has the most punchable face.

Except he is the one of the ugliest MF'ers around. They gave him long hair to hide his gigantic doofy ears... He has the most punchable face.

Why so mean, man? He seems like a really great guy IRL.
So he's no Cary Grant - It's not his fault god made him that way.
Don't criticize people based on their physical appearance -
that's something they can't help, and, frankly, it makes you look kinda childish.

that's something they can't help, and, frankly, it makes you look kinda childish.

Agreed

Im sorry, I forgot where I was. :rolleyes Mean? Is it mean to have an opinion of someones looks that I dont even know, or that they even know that Im talking about? Dont tell me what I can and cant say. I think he is ugly. So what, thats my opinion, so stating my opinion, because its different than yours is childish? Frankly, you kinda come off as a dick for saying that. And are you boo hooing for Adam Driver? Oh poor him, he is adored by women and will be immortalized as a villain in a Star Wars movie, and his likeness will be revered for a generation. Oh and he is probably rich. Yeah, what a horrible injustice that some nobody on the internet thinks he is ugly. Yeah thats mean. :lol

Im sorry, I forgot where I was. :rolleyes Mean? Is it mean to have an opinion of someones looks that I dont even know, or that they even know that Im talking about? Dont tell me what I can and cant say. I think he is ugly. So what, thats my opinion, so stating my opinion, because its different than yours is childish? Frankly, you kinda come off as a dick for saying that. And are you boo hooing for Adam Driver? Oh poor him, he is adored by women and will be immortalized as a villain in a Star Wars movie, and his likeness will be revered for a generation. Oh and he is probably rich. Yeah, what a horrible injustice that some nobody on the internet thinks he is ugly. Yeah thats mean. :lol

You better be good looking and physically capable of delivering that punch to Adam's face, he's a big dude!

...so stating my opinion, because its different than yours is childish? Frankly, you kinda come off as a dick for saying that...

Not because it's different from mine - because it's childish.
I didn't accuse you of being childish - I warned you that you were coming across as childish. I was trying to be friendly about it.
Your childish response has confirmed that you are indeed a child, or at least have the emotional maturity of a child.
See, I don't judge people by their appearance - I judge them by their attitudes and the way they treat others.
Sorry I came off as a "dick" - I don't have any children of my own, so I'm not very good at communicating with them.

You better be good looking and physically capable of delivering that punch to Adam's face, he's a big dude!

Watching the last season of GIRLS, he got BIGGER. Maybe he took SNL's "that guy looks like he weighs 30 pounds under that dress" to heart.

Noticeably broader... sportin the Kylo hair.

My wife thinks he's hot. ha.

Not because it's different from mine - because it's childish.
I didn't accuse you of being childish - I warned you that you were coming across as childish. I was trying to be friendly about it.
Your childish response has confirmed that you are indeed a child, or at least have the emotional maturity of a child.
See, I don't judge people by their appearance - I judge them by their attitudes and the way they treat others.
Sorry I came off as a "dick" - I don't have any children of my own, so I'm not very good at communicating with them.
Well, you need to work on your skills man, cause you didnt come off as friendly at all. And how is my response childish anyway? Is that the buzzword going around the forums now a days? Hey look at the cool guy being super condescending. What a nice guy you are, thanks. I think its hilarious just because I think someone is not attractive I have the emotional maturity of a child. Thats great. Thank you for putting everything into perspective for me. :lol
@Bryancd Haha! I know you meant it is a joke, but I wouldnt punch him in the face under any cicumstances, given the fact that I dont know Adam Driver and I wouldnt be near him in any capacity. It was just a figure of speech, because in my opinion, he is ugly. Quick! Get the pitchforks and torches, I called someone ugly! I judged them on their appearance, even though its based on their looks alone, and not their personality, or performance or anything! Just on their looks! /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

Watching the last season of GIRLS, he got BIGGER. Maybe he took SNL's "that guy looks like he weighs 30 pounds under that dress" to heart.

Noticeably broader... sportin the Kylo hair.

My wife thinks he's hot. ha.
Yeah I dont get it, a lot of women do. There are tons of thread on reddit that talk about it. But according to Axlotl Im a child, so what do I know. Is it snack time yet? Oh man I left my show and tell at home... darn.

Last edited:
Personally I don't see Driver as ugly at all. He definitely is not the typical physical appearance you see in a person. I find him very interesting, though.

At first I thought he was a very weird choice to play the main villain, but after having seen TFA for the first time and finally knowing where he came from, there really are some physical traits I could visually see that look like they could be from Ford and Fisher.

You see the character traits of Ben's parents and together mixed with a powerful, yet torn and confused state Ben is in, it makes for a very dangerous character.

Not a full list here, but as an example:
Leia is pretty much a born leader, confident in her decisions, stubborn, generous, nurturing, unafraid, aggressive, but also vunerable with a good heart... and Skywalker blood.
Han is/was/is selfish, stubborn, a person of good intentions...but gets mixed up in bad stuff from time to time, moody, not often nurturing, protective of those he cares for.

We also know his parents were pretty absent in his upbringing and his current superior isn't exactly a great center for him and is clearly being manipulated.

Mix some of those things together and you have a leader who is angry, confused, a person of good intentions, aggressive, stubborn, selfish.... with Skywalker blood.

I truly don't fully know Ben Solo yet and his intentions, but I think many underestimate just how unstable and dangerous Kylo Ren is right now. He is also very capable of breaking through the evil and turning it around. Being able to redeem what happened to his Father, though.... that would be a tough one.

I got off track a little..... We were discussing Driver and not his role. I think they cast a great actor and I like that he is not the typical 'look' you see in film. He is very distinctive who can have a real edge to him, but be able to display a vulnerability that makes you sort of feel what he is conveying on screen.

Adam Driver is awesome.

And thats great that you think that, and have that analysis, and I appreciate it, who knows, maybe Adam Driver is an awesome guy in person, I dont know him. I just think he is not a good looking guy, and saying that, I get chastised and called a child. Its just funny to me. Do I think he looks like an amalgam of carrie fisher and harrison ford? No. Do I wish they had cast someone else? Yes. Do I think Adam Driver is a bad guy? No, because I dont know him. Who knows, he could eat kittens for all I know. But I dont deserve to be scolded just because I think he is ugly.

When Driver first appeared in Girls I hated him. I wasn't big on the show (watching it with friends) and the last thing I wanted was this weird gangly guy in every episode.

But by the 3rd or 4th season he was the reason to watch, and I was STOKED when I found out he was playing the villain in TFA.

He didn't let down, and by the end of this trilogy, I think he'll win over some of the doubters...

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Driver is the least of my problems with that film. never heard of him before that, never heard of him after that.

but i do think he looks nothing like ford or fisher.

Adam Driver is the least of my problems with that film. never heard of him before that, never heard of him after that.

but i do think he looks nothing like ford or fisher.

I'll just leave this here. There are some things if you really look. Admittedly not obvious on first glance, but if you look.....

U6hbq8z.jpg

gBxGUlP.jpg

NEtmZZcAiwQVxz_1_b.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back