Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

It worked in Rogue One AND ANH. That's what you get for having soldiers wear full helmets! If they only do one thing again instead of most of the movie (TFA...) I'll be happy.

Based on some of the footage that was seen, I have one concern. Possibly spoilery if you're avoiding them
If they do the whole "wearing enemy uniforms to infiltrate the base" crap AGAIN I'm gonna lose it.

It worked in Rogue One AND ANH. That's what you get for having soldiers wear full helmets! If they only do one thing again instead of most of the movie (TFA...) I'll be happy.

i think thats just a star wars trait?

ANH - han and luke dress as troopers
ESB- does it count as han using the falcon to dress like a star destroyer? :$
RoTJ- leia dresses like bounty hunter
RoTJ- han dresses as AT-AT driver
RoTJ- old rebel dresses as scout trooper
star wars rebels- they do this multiple times a season, collecting all kinds of trooper armor and using it to get into bases and ships

its never really bothered me

Last edited:
They did it in Wizard of Oz too. Remember when Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man suit up as the witch's guards?

Aaaand they did it in multiple Harry Potter films (using disguises to infiltrate Slytherin House, the Ministry of Magic and Gringotts), episodes of Star Trek TOS ( too many to count, but "Enterprise Incident" and "Patterns of Force" come to mind) and countless other films and TV shows. The simple point is it is a very common plot device to get the characters closer to the villains to create conflict or confrontation, gain information or otherwise to move the story forward – why should Star Wars be prohibited from doing it as well, if it serves the story?

M

Aaaand they did it in multiple Harry Potter films (using disguises to infiltrate Slytherin House, the Ministry of Magic and Gringotts), episodes of Star Trek TOS ( too many to count, but "Enterprise Incident" and "Patterns of Force" come to mind) and countless other films and TV shows. The simple point is it is a very common plot device to get the characters closer to the villains to create conflict or confrontation, gain information or otherwise to move the story forward – why should Star Wars be prohibited from doing it as well, if it serves the story?

M

heck! while we are at it, lets not forget Kenan and Kel in good burger! one of my all time favorites :$

x240-z7q.jpg

StarWars doesn't have the monopoly on "Let's wear a disguise and go into the enemy's base/camp to...":behave:rolleyes It's been done in History for thousands of years!!
As to see Yoda again...bring him on!

Because surely some ID is required periodically? Also it's just way overused as a ploy in Star Wars.

edit: Sorry, meant to quote...that was a reply to doctorDWwho

I don't know if this is canon or not, but in the RC novels the Clone armor had a "tally" which listed all the info on the wearer that could be scanned. I'm not sure if Stormtroopers officially have anything like that. It would be easier than a "remove your helmet" check, but then leaves you vulnerable.

It would be very cool to see Yoda as a Force ghost in this! I'm not so sure about young Obi Wan. I don't know how they would explain that seeing how Lucas said you appear as you last appeared as a Jedi, which is supposedly why Anakin is young. There could be some wiggle room with the scene of Rey picking up Luke's lightsaber and having the vision. She did hear young Obi Wan and Old Obi Wan, so maybe something is going on there we don't know about yet.

Top 10 things we DON'T want to see in SW Ep8 TLJ (in no particular order)
- Jar-Jar
- Another Death Star or planet killer
- Ewoks
- whiny Anakin
- "Nooooooooooo!"
- CG R2 and 3PO
- sand, it gets everywhere
- having the high ground
- deliberations of the Senate
- any modern political agenda (Trump, SJWs, refugees, Putin, take your pick)

Yeah well, I want Poe to bring Fin a get well present... a wood box he got off a little Neimoidian kid... Inside is an Ewok! He can't get it wet (Cuz fur stinks) Has to keep it out of sunlight-

I don't even know where I'm going with this... I saw Keenan and Kal and figured we were already off the rails anyway....:wacko

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back