Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

ETA - interesting that the "Star Wars" is in red, rather than yellow, font. Not unprecedented but - will we get blue for the third film? A nice taupe, perhaps?

Kind of reminds me of Return of the Jedi promo text:

Tp7HyC6792j7Siksfi_0arZzdNBwouiTaSxxs6UJXo-Im3Mqii.png

H7abCT83UvlPrABLk0ICpvf2KsdQ5va3pIawWdL5VBacnt4wYg.jpg

J

I'm starting to like the title. At first it sounded like a video game to me but its starting to grow on me

I guess like Luke in Empire, Rey isn't a Jedi yet.. I think the title is describing Luke and I'm hoping we get some good passing of knowledge scenes like those with Yoda in Empire.

Yeah it would really be nice if Luke could get through all 3 movies. They already took Han from us, and Leia is a sure thing, it would be nice for one of our original heroes to make it.

especially considering we never really saw luke evolve.. or anyone else for that matter. they are still in the same or worse places than ep 6, kind of negating the happy ending.

i wanted a big reveal of luke in the jedi temple leading jedi and lea leading the new republic.. sigh.

Luke Skywalker Referred to as The Last Jedi in 'The Force Awakens'

The Force Awakens opening crawl:

"Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed."

When Snoke is speaking with General Hux and Kylo Ren:

“The droid will soon be delivered to the Resistance, leading them to the last Jedi. If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise.”

What a great title!!!! (Or "How to cause an immense disturbance in the Fandom!!!"
To me it signifies that the film IS all about the last Jedi currently alive in the SW universe ,ie Luke Skywalker, rather than actually forecasting his death. Lets be honest, who as a SW fan ,isn't just a bit desparate to learn what has happened to him over the last three decades.
As "THE LAST JEDI" so much depends upon him and it would be such a great story if, by the end of this trilogy, we actually see him bring about this much talked about prophecy of bringing balance to the Force though new discoveries.
In that way the title nicely ties in with all this speculation over "grey" force users. Perhaps we will see a new name added, neither Jedi or Sith but something else.

Yoda: "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

There's a difference there. Being last OF the Jedi is being the last remaining individual. The last Jedi could represent any number beyond 1.

I hope that if he does die he dies in a yoda-like-way. Not passing of old age in bed, but instead sacrificing himself for Rey. So I guess that would be more of a obi-wan type way huh?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I wasn't expecting that. Re-use of the word Jedi and I was hoping they would stick to the three, four, four word titles of each trilogy. Oh, and it sounds like a final act title.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back