Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Lesson one younglings.
if you live with Luke never stay home when Luke is gone , someone will always come along and burn it and you to the ground !

You know the Skywalker name is on a DO NOT RENT TO list out there in the galaxy far far away .

Best case you end up with scorch marks from the deflecting laser fire practice !

Worst case charred bodies and burnt out building strewn about, usually caused by visiting relative's .

Last edited:
That's what I said in my previous post (but it was deemed too simple:rolleyes) It's either the Light that wins, or the Darkness. That's the "Balance"...but with"Balance", there's no more conflict, therefore no more stories to tell (you know, Good vs Evil stuff)...

TFA -- "It's too much of the same! Ripoff! Disney ruined star wars!!!"
TLJ -- "It's too different! Not muh star wars! Disney ruined star wars!!!"
I don't think anyone has ever said that Disney wars is too different

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The potential for clans of Force users to now form independently, for particular traits and styles to develope free from Jedi and Sith doctorines, without being classified as either one? All the dynamic variations that become availble to story and character which are now far more unpredictable ,

This is why you can't discount 'ending the jedi' or sith or grey jedi or anything else.

Per the Clone wars, apparently the jedi had a system of identifying all children born that were force sensitive. Even under THAT system, there were still able to be 2-3 dark force users out there that the jedi were blissfully unaware. So, it's very possible they don identify 100% of them? In TPM they referred to some who quit the order. What are you if you quit? It's not like the remaining Jedi can make you never able to user your abilities again. So, at that point, you're neither Jedi or Sith. Furthermore, Jedi isn't actually a given either. It's literally more of a private club. You have to abide by their rules, or you're denied membership and instruction. Jedi and someone who uses the light side of the force aren't mutually exclusive. You CAN be someone who uses the light side and NOT be a Jedi. Same thing on the sith side. You can use dark side abilities, doesn't make you a sith. Then again, nothing has ever said what it takes to be sith. Case in point, Kylo. Post ROTJ, Master AND Apprentice were killed. No one's left to proclaim anyone sith. So, Kylo is a just a dark force user. But there's nothing really stopping him from calling himself a Sith Lord. He's so into grandpa i expect him to do just that in TLJ.

Now...flash forward from post ROTJ to TLA. Luke has no method of tracking children born force sensitive. That system is long gone. He also has no clue WTF a midichlorian is (thankfully). So, in theory, there should be a lot of force sensitives out there that have had zero training or are totally oblivious to the fact. What are they called? They're clearly neither Jedi or Sith. Yet they're out there. Luke 'had' and academy, therefore the universe is still producing force sensitives.

You can quote supposed rules, but, they clearly are completely fleshed out. And while we're at it - Hidalgo can say there are no grey jedi, but that could very well mean there's no group called the grey jedi. Or it could be a lie if it's supposed to be a movie reveal. After all, Rebels is canon, and Bendu is neither jedi or sith and clearly much more powerful. So there are definitely more classifications out there.

I'd love for Bendu to show up to teach luke about the other path (or one of the others) - his teachers would be Obi, Yoda, and Tom Baker :)

Maybe Luke's revelation is that he has found a way to live in harmony with the Force rather than use it for combat. Perhaps that's what the Sith and Jedi have gotten wrong all those thousands of years.

TFA -- "It's too much of the same! Ripoff! Disney ruined star wars!!!"
TLJ -- "It's too different! Not muh star wars! Disney ruined star wars!!!"

No one said they ruined star wars.

While i think that R1 is a completely pointless, boring movie.... there is enough fun in TFA to make it 'feel' right. same goes for Rebels. even if both are not totally my cup of tea, as far as direction goes. I will be sad when rebels ends, because i don't think disney star wars will get much better than that.

Do I have hope it will get better? yes, but not much hope seeing how corporate it is now. and we all know corporate people are usually not only not the creative types...but also like to stifle it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one said they ruined star wars.

While i think that R1 is a completely pointless, boring movie.... there is enough fun in TFA to make it 'feel' right. same goes for Rebels. even if both are not totally my cup of tea, as far as direction goes. I will be sad when rebels ends, because i don't think disney star wars will get much better than that.

Do I have hope it will get better? yes, but not much hope seeing how corporate it is now. and we all know corporate people are usually not only not the creative types...but also like to stifle it.
You know....Pulp fiction was the first film that miramax made after they were bought by Disney.

So Disney CAN make good decisions. They just chose not to when it comes to star wars

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

there's no more conflict, therefore no more stories to tell (you know, Good vs Evil stuff)...

Well, they could turn to the "small battles in life": Luke cooking by the fire, Malakili taking his new Rancor for a walk, Boba Fett polishing his helmet, Chewbacca at the hair dresser's... :D ;)

Well, they could turn to the "small battles in life": Luke cooking by the fire, Malakili taking his new Rancor for a walk, Boba Fett polishing his helmet, Chewbacca at the hair dresser's... :D ;)

didn't we see that last one in the last film?

or was that chewbacca picking up tail? wait a minute, can i still say that these days, or will i offend people? so hard to know ;o)

I doubt it. I'm VERY cool with that idea. I saw Hamill on TV talking about ep 8 and how he fundamentally disagreed with everything Rian was doing with Luke's story in 8. That's encouraging. It likely means a less obvious story for Luke, and that line could fit in with it nicely.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but how does it make it better if the actor hates what they are doing with his character? :confused

Oh and if the "gorilla walker" is the new AT-AT, then we've gone past the giant green rabbit stage of ridiculousness. I really hope that's incorrect.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but how does it make it better if the actor hates what they are doing with his character? :confused

Oh and if the "gorilla walker" is the new AT-AT, then we've gone past the giant green rabbit stage of ridiculousness. I really hope that's incorrect.

any interview links?

mark hamil is USUALLY a very positive person. it doesn't sound like him that he would diss a movie he's currently working on.

Maybe he said that about episode 7 though.

Disagreeing - fundamentally or not - doesn't necessarily mean he hates what they are doing with the character.

Mark - like a lot of us - most likely thinks that Luke is and always should be the shining knight, the hero amongst heroes... now, Luke allegedly wanting to end the Jedi and being a crazed hermit might be something that Mark disagrees with. But, we have to see where the story takes us.

Mark's a team player. Plus, he is enough of a pro to not bite the hand that feeds him. He has never dissed the Star Wars milieu. He always maintains secrets until told to "leak" a little something.

"I think you’ll find some things that’ll surprise you. They certainly surprised me. I said to Rian, I think I fundamentally disagree with everything you’ve decided for me. Now having said that, I have to accept it, get my mind around it and do my best to realize your vision. Once I got into it, a lot of my fears went away."

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back