Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

This place needs a forum for fan fic so we don't need to muddle through it here.

Yeah, sorry... got off on a tangent there.
I do like some of JJ's directorial style. However, it really does feel like he frenetically passes you from one set piece to the next, without regard for it making sense.
I thought R1 struck a better balance overall, and I'm looking forward to what Ryan Johnson will bring to the series.

Yeah, sorry... got off on a tangent there.
Wasn't necessarily directed toward you. It gets the best of us at times.

JJ has a gift - but, his stories often feel like they need more thought (or maybe less thought and more gut instinct rather than a movie by committee).

Jar-Jar Binks - The Last Jedi SPOOF - 01.jpg

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Luke Skywalker screaming NOOOOO 01.jpg

Found this on the Lightsabers page on Facebook and had a good laugh, hope it does the same for y'all.

Last edited:
Eidenburg Scotland????
I know they want to stay part of the European Union but recruiting Jedi to do it seems a little excessive. Still I'd preffer it if they didn't rename Edinburgh just yet.
Whilst I don't doubt there will be reshoots, these locations seem a little odd to want to include such a large number of extras . Why the hell bother with that many people specifically in Ireland given that only Luke and Rey (plus the occasionally visiting Sith team) shot over there?
I could see that parts of Edinburgh could stand in for the shooting in Croatia but I kind of doubt it.
The video seemed more like a fishing expedition, anyone could guess there would be ( given the past SW history) reshoots in the spring and there would be plenty of time to do this before the release,and I imagine they must have a relatively complete first cut of it by now .I think they will have to alter Carries part in this significantly anyway, as mother of the arch villain , Lukes sister and Vaders daughter her sad loss to the overall story must leave a large void in the plot

Last edited:
Hamill has confirmed he is in the U.K. For a different project unrelated to Star Wars and Disney have confirmed they are casting extras for an upcoming marvel film not a Star Wars film.

Another bull**** rumour by Mike Zeroh debunked.

I mean, come on, what is he SUPPOSED to say?

JJ: "Yeah i read the script. It's, well, It's OK. We'll just have to see how it comes together onscreen before we can say for sure, but right now, i'm not betting my career on it or anything."

Just that JJ is an asset to this franchise, an accomplished film maker and a quality person.

Some minor and likely to be expected spoilers about the state of the Galaxy post TFA.

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/state-galaxy-star-wars-last-jedi-begins/

So if Leia didn't create the Resistance, the First Order wouldn't have destroyed the New Republic? That was their stated motivation after all.

General Hux: We shall destroy the government that supports the Resistance, the Republic. Without their friends to protect them, the Resistance will be vulnerable, and we will stop them before they reach Skywalker.​

Seriously, the only thing that the First Order wants is to wipe out the Resistance. Hux's talk of systems bowing to the First Order could just be a means to motivate the First Order, not something they were literally going to do. If dominating the galaxy was their whole point, you'd think they'd bring that detail up in their closed doors meetings. But no. All they want to do is destroy the Resistance. For all we know, the First Order wanted to be left alone in a Jedi-free galaxy. And given the Jedi's history of 'not giving a crap' about anything and sometimes make things worse, that's not an unreasonable idea.

(oops was meant for the TFA thread... but, I think some will like it here, too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back