Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I don't know if this is a spoiler, but I know for a fact they sculpted a new helmet, or at the very least were in the process of sculpting a new one. I'm really surprised that all of the promos have him unmasked.

It would be a shame if they don't use a helmet. His helmet design is my personal favorite in the Star Wars Universe.. even cooler than Darth Vader I think.

That is good to know! I wonder how different it will be compared to ep7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what prop shop is making the helmets for them now?

I'm really digging him in a cape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after reading through the thread, it made me remember something from the BATTLEFRONT II trailer...

There's a scene, real quick, where the the girl from the single player story mode (don't know her name) walks up behind Luke & orders him to not move.

We know she's on Endor when the DS II exploded, then the trailer shows them leaving through the debris field, so I've been wondering when she'd have the confrontation with Luke in his ROTJ garb?

Knowing that the story group is focused on continuity, I'm thinking she confronts Luke as he's on Endor searching for the crystal that's 'calling' to him through the Force. That's what I'm thinking anyways, like how in the Lego TFA game, we got comical, yet Canon stories about how 3PO got the red arm, how Han lost his crew catching the Rathtars, etc.

My theory, anyways.

So after reading through the thread, it made me remember something from the BATTLEFRONT II trailer...

There's a scene, real quick, where the the girl from the single player story mode (don't know her name) walks up behind Luke & orders him to not move.

We know she's on Endor when the DS II exploded, then the trailer shows them leaving through the debris field, so I've been wondering when she'd have the confrontation with Luke in his ROTJ garb?

Knowing that the story group is focused on continuity, I'm thinking she confronts Luke as he's on Endor searching for the crystal that's 'calling' to him through the Force. That's what I'm thinking anyways, like how in the Lego TFA game, we got comical, yet Canon stories about how 3PO got the red arm, how Han lost his crew catching the Rathtars, etc.

My theory, anyways.

nice theory!! maybe he finds Vader's lightsaber! or what ever is left from it

I sure hope not, no offense, but there is simply no way possible it could have survived the DSII explosion AND reentry.

Not the saber JUST the crystal, which could absolutely fall back to Endor especially if it was part of a huge piece of debris. Reentry into an atmosphere does not INCENERATE everything, plenty of material survives. Columbia wreckage fell to Earth and Kyber crystals are much sterner stuff.

It's desperate, convoluted, convenient and silly. Like Luke's sabre was. They're tying themselves in knots and falling flat on their face in trying to connect old and new trilogy.

Not the saber JUST the crystal, which could absolutely fall back to Endor especially if it was part of a huge piece of debris. Reentry into an atmosphere does not INCENERATE everything, plenty of material survives. Columbia wreckage fell to Earth and Kyber crystals are much sterner stuff.
But considering that the weapon on the death star is fueled by kyber crystals, the chance of finding that one is impossible.

It would be literally raining kyber crystals on endor

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

But considering that the weapon on the death star is fueled by kyber crystals, the chance of finding that one is impossible.

But Luke would have a connection through the Force that one tiny crystal. Have you even seen Star Wars? :)

I have seen star wars, but not until the sequel trilogy have lightsabers been supernatural.

Not lightsabers, but Kyber crystals calling to their owner was established in the Clone Wars series. So there is a canon connection of Jedi to their crystals, it's even in the new canon novels.

This I'd have to agree with. If the DS contains a million Kilos of Dilithium Crystals, these things would be all over the Yavin and Endor systems! YUB, YUB!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This I'd have to agree with. If the DS contains a million Kilos of Dilithium Crystals, these things would be all over the Yavin and Endor systems! YUB, YUB!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Again, it is now CANON that kyber crystals used in a Jedi's lightsaber call to their owner. So it's not unreasonable to consider Vader's crystal could be sense by his son and found. Come on guys.

Not lightsabers, but Kyber crystals calling to their owner was established in the Clone Wars series. So there is a canon connection of Jedi to their crystals, it's even in the new canon novels.
Although I am a huge fan of the clone wars star wars really picks and chooses the superpowers of the force. A lot of the time I can justify it. And as we've seen before, just because you can wield the force, it doesn't mean that you can see all and do all. Vader never even considered leia to be kin until he sensed that Luke was hiding something.

But the lightsaber always seemed like it was symbolically important to the Jedi. Like using your Dad's baseball mitt. They were heirlooms. Antiques.

Which is why Kylo would want Anakin skywalkers lightsaber. Because he was buying into the iconography of Darth Vader.

But as far as Luke sifting through the debris of the deathstar to find the kyber crustal belonging to Vader? (For one thing, it exploded in all directions, there is a very slim chance that it made it to endor) it sounds like uncreative fan fic. Or at the very least a comic book side quest.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back