Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Sooo.............. Disney has no shame. They've crossed a sad seal with a penguin and made a porg. Resistance is useless. Must sell more toys (but least they've moved away from the slightly alien Harry Potter owls).

The only thing we can hope for is that they turn carnivorous at midnight .

Also noted that RJ is denying he has had anything to do with writing Ep IX.

Last edited:
Its funny that you bring this up, and I dont mean to offend anyone or anything, but do you think he might be autistic? Im going through something similar with a friend of mine who we have been friends for over 20 years, and he is kind of the same way about things. He took an autism test, and he got 45 out of 50 as being on the autism spectrum. Cause no offense, but that seems REALLY weird and awkward, something someone with aspergers might do. He doesnt understand how society or people work in some regards. Just something to think about. But after reading post #3794, it seemed even more so.

I've actually wondered about that, so it's funny you bring that aspect up. He has always been a bit odd (so have I), but in the past two years or so this aspect of his personality has become extremely prominent.

Today he and I went a few places, and I made note that the PT Blurays were on sale at Walmart. He said he would never watch them because he had seen so many bad opinions of them, and if he liked them then it would just make him mad.

That brief conversation did end up in TLJ territory, but only very briefly. He moved on from the conversation, and quite obviously changed topics on purpose. I'm beginning to think I don't know a single person in my off line life who can talk Star Wars with me, LOL.

Sooo.............. Disney has no shame. They've crossed a sad seal with a penguin and made a porg. Resistance is useless. Must sell more toys (but least they've moved away from the slightly alien Harry Potter owls).

Dont stress, they'll be seen for 2 seconds of film and probably in the background. Remember the giant pig things in EPVII people were worried about and that thing was there for a second or two.

Ben

Dont stress, they'll be seen for 2 seconds of film and probably in the background. Remember the giant pig things in EPVII people were worried about and that thing was there for a second or two.

Ben

No worries mate, i'm sure the Porgs (TM) will be fine, if not so terribly cute every toy shop will have them for Xmas. Next thing up from Furbies (Porgies) if you ask me, and I remember parents actually fighting each other to get those .
More concerned the Mr J is not writing EP IX. That IS a surprise, given it was rumoured he had done both of them a while back. Whilst I'm sure the story group has taken over large elements of this, I'd have preferred the continuity.

PS Oh and the pig thing? One of the most horrible images in SW is its massive backside behind Finns head.

When i was a lil kid i used to dress up in yellow dungarees and act like Rick for fun, lasted a month before got naked, completely covered myself in green paint, put a small towel round my waist and ran down the street as the Hulk, i used to hide in hedges and ambush people, ahhh the stuff you can get away with as a kid :D

All together now... I looked to the sky, Where an elephant's eye, Was looking at me, From a bubblegum tree

- - - Updated - - -

PS Oh and the pig thing? One of the most horrible images in SW is its massive backside behind Finns head.

I thought that pig rhino thing was good i can stll taste how bad that water is now, its in my nose, everwhere, full of pig snot like sewage lol

- - - Updated - - -

F.O. target practice, theyre gona get slaughtered :D

Last edited by a moderator:

You do understand the irony in that right? The whole "lets sell more toys" mindset of todays movie making landscape was laid down by ol Uncle George and the original trilogy, specifically ROTJ. That movie is what started the entire "merchandising decides if a movie gets made" mentality. So if nobody has any shame, point to stupid George Lucas.

I for one liked the big pig thing drinking the water. It was one big puppet. I loved it actually, wish it were a bantha or a dewback but we have seen those before. EP VII gave a lot of practical guys work.

New looks at Kylo and Ray from Battlefront 2

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1.jpg

New looks at Kylo and Ray from Battlefront 2

View attachment 724779

Dang, Rey looks awesome! I like Kylo's new look too, but still wish he was wearing his helmet. (I have nothing against Adam Driver's face, just think he looks more bad ass with his helmet). Cape is a great touch though

Also...what's that "new First Order hero ship?" Possible Kylo Ren TIE?

R2-D2 was kid friendly from day one in 1977.

You do understand the irony in that right? The whole "lets sell more toys" mindset of todays movie making landscape was laid down by ol Uncle George and the original trilogy, specifically ROTJ. That movie is what started the entire "merchandising decides if a movie gets made" mentality. So if nobody has any shame, point to stupid George Lucas.

I for one liked the big pig thing drinking the water. It was one big puppet. I loved it actually, wish it were a bantha or a dewback but we have seen those before. EP VII gave a lot of practical guys work.

You know the difference between today's stuff and back in the day?

George knew what would make a good toy and Kenner knew how to make them.

I loved that Kenner really only ever had 3 sizes of toys. The large dolls, the action figures and the micro collection.

Everything was about the 3 3/4" line. That way they could cover it all. Now you can walk into toys 'r us and get a BB8 in any size you want. And they all do something stupid. And very little is in scale with anything else.

What are you supposed to do with a 30" stormtrooper?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is a spoiler, but I know for a fact they sculpted a new helmet, or at the very least were in the process of sculpting a new one. I'm really surprised that all of the promos have him unmasked.

It would be a shame if they don't use a helmet. His helmet design is my personal favorite in the Star Wars Universe.. even cooler than Darth Vader I think.

Dang, Rey looks awesome! I like Kylo's new look too, but still wish he was wearing his helmet. (I have nothing against Adam Driver's face, just think he looks more bad ass with his helmet). Cape is a great touch though

Also...what's that "new First Order hero ship?" Possible Kylo Ren TIE?

You know the difference between today's stuff and back in the day?

George knew what would make a good toy and Kenner knew how to make them.

I loved that Kenner really only ever had 3 sizes of toys. The large dolls, the action figures and the micro collection.

Everything was about the 3 3/4" line. That way they could cover it all. Now you can walk into toys 'r us and get a BB8 in any size you want. And they all do something stupid. And very little is in scale with anything else.

What are you supposed to do with a 30" stormtrooper?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I grew up in the 80s so my action figures never got more than 4 inches tall. Except the giant ninja turtles, my mom got me one of those, that was pretty rad. But yeah I know what you mean.

i never did like the smaller toys.

Me neither. I started my life with 12" G.I. Joes. His vehicles were as big as me and some of his playsets were ginormous!! You get weaned on that stuff and all that small stuff is just a huge let-down.

Damn that 70s oil crisis. That's why all toys started getting smaller.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back