Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Well after watching the trailer again (with Beats instead of ear buds) that's not Luke saying it's time for the Jedi to end...

-OWK
"I only know one truth" is Kylo Ren, the timing matches with his appearance on screen. Anything after that, I'm not completely sure... "it's time for the Jedi" could be someone else, but "to end" is almost certainly Luke.

A little underwhelmed but I'll hold off judgment until I see more. I am, however, dreading not being able to go grocery shopping without tripping over Star Wars oven mitts into a pile of Star Wars cereal (next to the Star Wats spaghettiOs)

I said earlier if they really want to turn SW around and do something original then have Luke end the Jedi,have him say that time is over.

He seems to be doing that and for that I'm in since if you have even half a brain and have watched all the films it's pretty obvious the whole reason these people are where they are is because the Jedi failed big time,Return of the Jedi? Ummmm~yeeea some balance we've got this Snokes running loose and your sister and friend's kid seems hell bent on emulating Grandpa,the cherry being he killed his dad your old friend.....SOME balance! Yoda's a damn fraud would not blame Luke if he wants to kick his green butt and Obi's :lol

Even if what this is is the original trilogy be retold over again I'm having fun-and who knows? Maybe this is the actual "balance" they were talking about back then,maybe the next one,ROJ,is going to be Luke getting it done right this time.

I'm just not feeling it - it's like I'm being sold one thing but told it's something else.I mean here we are again with Rebels, Empire, Force out of whack and Jedi last hope. What was the point of the Original Trilogy again?

EXACTLY.

30 years later, nothings changed.
in fact, things may be a little worse and it ruins the good guy victory.

As goofy as the books got, at least you could believe the main characters progression and there was some happiness that made ROTJ worth the win.
i don't get that feel here.

- - - Updated - - -

It so's dark on that shot how can you see his lips move? I see a head bob and that's it.... Besides it sound more like del torro anyway.

-OWK

i saw it easily, and i usually miss these things :)

I'm fine with "Grey Force - User", I actually like the idea since it's what "Return of the Jedi" hinted at anyway (Luke using Force-Choke....). As well as the failure of the order in "Revenge of the Sith". However, if you have to repeat all of the action in "The Empire Strikes Back" to get there, then this new trilogy is even more pointless than before. Please be different.

Also Kylo's face has healed quite nicely from that view.

Also in that same shot his eyes have a red glow. Any thoughts if that is from the lightsaber or do we actually see sith eyes at some point with him?

I'm fine with "Grey Force - User", I actually like the idea since it's what "Return of the Jedi" hinted at anyway (Luke using Force-Choke....). As well as the failure of the order in "Revenge of the Sith". However, if you have to repeat all of the action in "The Empire Strikes Back" to get there, then this new trilogy is even more pointless than before. Please be different.

what did the 'future' comic books call them? Imperial Knights?

although grey force user works too...

but yeah. if all new star wars can do is repeat what's come before, only a little different, it's like almost literally every other reboot that's happened since in the last few years. and one reason why the nostalgia and reboot factor is wearing very thin on me.

Based on this scene I think we know who her dad is:
tpgr5cl.png

superman-takes-flight.jpg

This all makes sense
072414_henrysuperjediphoto.jpg

I keep reading how upset people are that this is the same story (rebels vs empire, unbalance in the force, Jedi being the only hope). I believe this is part of the story, history is repeating itself.

When will a full trailer come out? Next week?

Curious whether they will learn from previous mistakes like
- Don't kill off cool characters (Fett, Maul)
- Don't create Copper-Top characters (General Grievous) that are just a merchandising/one-up that have no value.
- 3PO is enough comic relief.... don't create idiot characters to try to dumb it down for kids.

"Balance" referenced. PT lovers will be pleased! And the Jedi ending?! Would Disney have the nerve to kill the order (and its brand recognition) and show Luke evolving the order beyond its PT dogmatism? I LOVEEEEEEE seeing Luke as master.

Pretty cool to hear Luke say the Jedi need to end. I'd always hoped the story would end with the end of the Jedi and the Sith. Balance would come from their end. Cool to see that idea may be in play.

I really hope that that is what Luke meant, that the cycle has to stop. If they are getting rid of Jedi, I'm done. That's one of the main draws of the story.

So far I didn't see anything that makes me want to go see this. Again it looks like design went out the window. The new Rebel (I assume) ships look like the took the end off the medical frigate and called it a new ship. Again lot's of much better designs in the EU.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back