Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Well, the Darth Vader helmet doesn't fit very well over a beard. :lol

It would be interesting to get a read of the Arndt/Lucas treatments and see how they presented Luke but with the cancelation of Rinzler's making of book and his departure from LucasFilm, I am skeptical we will ever get that story. We do know Fin and Rey were at least partly his idea.

Not sure why you keep saying this. Everything I've seen still has that book slated for October release, as it has been for months.

--Jonah

I figure that's why it's an October release, rather than the initial April announced release. Even when I originally pre-ordered it back in December, it was already an October release in the store's system. I have no doubt he was asked to re-word the bits dealing with Lucas' realtionship to the film and the new direction his former company were taking. Not omitting, but finding more... diplomatic... phrasing. I have faith in Rinzler to tell it like it is/was without being nasty about it.

--Jonah

I figure that's why it's an October release, rather than the initial April announced release. Even when I originally pre-ordered it back in December, it was already an October release in the store's system. I have no doubt he was asked to re-word the bits dealing with Lucas' realtionship to the film and the new direction his former company were taking. Not omitting, but finding more... diplomatic... phrasing. I have faith in Rinzler to tell it like it is/was without being nasty about it.

--Jonah

i agree and can't wait for this book but the tone of that interview sounds somewhat negative and Rinzler seems a bit put off by how this is going down. Maybe it's just me but that's how it seems.

Pablo said they cannot go into how much 7 thru 9 was Lucas until the the films are done. He said read the Art of book and the tells a bit. I am thinking things were kept that Lucas put in, but they can't tell us without spoiling it.

Well, the Darth Vader helmet doesn't fit very well over a beard. :lol

It might!

colonelsanders1.jpg

I really want to know whether Lucas' idea was any better than what we got. It might not be, but I still want to know how he intended to continue the story.

I will say I'm hoping they get the ball rolling (as far as a story) with this movie. Daisy looked really good when they showed her practicing.

Pablo Hidalgo of Lucasfilm storygroup says we won't be told what Lucas contributions/ideas were used and whatnot until this trilogy over, he was asked and I am betting they are using stuff Lucas incorporated but can't tell us now because it spoils upcoming things.

I really want to know whether Lucas' idea was any better than what we got. It might not be, but I still want to know how he intended to continue the story.

I will say I'm hoping they get the ball rolling (as far as a story) with this movie. Daisy looked really good when they showed her practicing.

Last edited:

http://thesocietypenguin.tumblr.com/post/147249549819/aftermath-life-debt-by-chuck-wendig-warning

Another spoiler-filled review of Aftermath: Life Debt. Which reiterates, which the other article really fails to...
Is Snoke in the book?

MAYBE. I cannot be anymore conclusive because we still don’t know enough about the character in question and he is never called ‘Snoke’.
Obviously, they appear to be hinting in the book that Fleet Admiral Gallius Rax is Snoke - but, it could be subterfuge or some other trickery. The next book might tell the tale of another that might possibly be Snoke, too.

In all honesty, I hope this is wrong. They can do better than this.

Also interesting that Jakku has some secret importance. I like me this entire direction, it's new and interesting as opposed to pulling from previous material. It's what I have come to expect from this story group. I just don't think his backstory is really that important to the films.

Last edited:

...sounds more like they're trying to justify making Jakku the new Tatooine in TFA. Maybe it's part of bigger plan conceived from the start, but, this reeks of retcon type material that just feels more like they're making it up as they go. I'd rather they lose the hokey-religion aspect of all this and work harder on filling in the voids after RotJ. They're suggesting Rey was left on a planet heavy on the dark side... which seems to be a stretch for various reasons.

Whatever it was the Emporer coveted may not be a dark side thing but just a Force thing. It perhaps could explain why the final battle was fought there.

I'm amazed they would reveal snokes past in a book and not the film...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back