Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Damn.
I know I'm getting older but watching that tribute to Carrie and then the John Williams piece really had me choked up (even with the internet hang ups). Watching all the guys together, particularly George, Mark and Harrison was kind of bitter sweet, not only because it was sad to see Carrie missing from the group.

Now the Facebook feed is closed and the YouTube direct thing is marked private...

Verizon... I Hate you with the unbridled anger of 10,000 Sith Lords. Can you hear me now? No? Good.

Now the Facebook feed is closed and the YouTube direct thing is marked private...

Verizon... I Hate you with the unbridled anger of 10,000 Sith Lords. Can you hear me now? No? Good.

what happened? why cut it off? they stream practically the whole convention usually...which is one great benefit of modern technology for those of us who cna't travel to these things.

Has it been confirmed that they'll release it to the general public? Or will we have to wait longer?

I imagine if it is exclusive to the event, we will have cell phone bootlegs right away

I think seeing that it's celebration, and the first look at the trailer. it will be open to the public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it been confirmed that they'll release it to the general public? Or will we have to wait longer?

IIRC, when the TFA trailer (the second one, but the first with Han and Chewie) premiered at Celebration 2015, they blacked it out on the live stream but released it on the Internet immediately after.

M

I will be pissed if I have to watch a bootleg. IMHO this is way too long to wait to give us a tiny first glimpse... the teaser should've come out 2 months ago.

And after the Verizon debacle yesterday... I will be sincerely let down if they don't show it live.

There are a lot more fans tuned in than physically there!

Please no nun-chuck lightsabers! (Even though I sketched a few ideas of that very thing for a friends fan film 10-15 years ago... lol)

IIRC, when the TFA trailer (the second one, but the first with Han and Chewie) premiered at Celebration 2015, they blacked it out on the live stream but released it on the Internet immediately after.

M

yeah,

and even if they don'tm someone will upload it to a daily motion account which is usually not as perused as much as youtube....so i'm sure someone will see it

That would be fine.

Here we... GO!

M

I imagine if it is exclusive to the event, we will have cell phone bootlegs right away

I think seeing that it's celebration, and the first look at the trailer. it will be open to the public

There are a lot more fans tuned in than physically there!

Please no nun-chuck lightsabers! (Even though I sketched a few ideas of that very thing for a friends fan film 10-15 years ago... lol)

Hence probably why stream problems ;o)

Remember, if those who defended jar jar, blinking ewoks, and said yess to everything crazy in every franchise that has come before it (Platinum Dune Turtles, ID4 2, Bay Transformers) you deserve lightsaber nun chucks ;o)....

- - - Updated - - -

Fingers crossed today from 11-12:30.... here's hoping for that trailer

probably at the last minute

Um - for those of us at work (who can have the RPF open in a browser window but not a streaming video for all to see and hear), any interesting tidbits from the panel as they come up would be enormously appreciated. Thanks.

M

(edit - or a pointer to any Twitter feed that might be live-tweeting would be great as well).

I watched some of the panel interviews last night. Is it just me, or are they always the same old stories and questions over and over? Seems we've all heard this stuff many times over before, excepting anything to do with the new movies, of course. And, Lucas looked and sounded bored out of his mind, like he didn't want to be there; which I completely understand. I don't know. Just a lot of, eh. I guess if you've never seen or heard this stuff before, then it's ok. I don't know.

Daisy is on stage with KK an Rian, Josh Gad is interviewing. She said we learn more about Rey in Last Jedi, and sometimes when you meet a hero (Luke) it's often not what you expect.

- - - Updated - - -

And now out comes BB8!

I watched some of the panel interviews last night. Is it just me, or are they always the same old stories and questions over and over? Seems we've all heard this stuff many times over before, excepting anything to do with the new movies, of course. And, Lucas looked and sounded bored out of his mind, like he didn't want to be there; which I completely understand. I don't know. Just a lot of, eh. I guess if you've never seen or heard this stuff before, then it's ok. I don't know.

that's the problem with live video... you'll see stories repeated.

One reason why marina sirtis never allows live camera's at her convention appearances, to keep it fresh.

I watched some of the panel interviews last night. Is it just me, or are they always the same old stories and questions over and over? Seems we've all heard this stuff many times over before, excepting anything to do with the new movies, of course.

Well, for many of these guests, they've been doing interviews and convention appearances on the same subject for 20, 30 and in some cases close to 40 years - talking about an experience in their lives that may have only spanned a few days, or, at most, a couple months every three years over a nine-year period. I'd imagine you'd kind of run out of new stuff to talk about with respect to those experiences. And, let's face it, very few people in these settings want to hear the guest talk the whole time about things unrelated to SW.

M

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back