Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Northern England,UK
    20 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 3:07 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3826

gizmo said: View Post
    Dont stress, they'll be seen for 2 seconds of film and probably in the background. Remember the giant pig things in EPVII people were worried about and that thing was there for a second or two.

Ben
    No worries mate, i'm sure the Porgs (TM) will be fine, if not so terribly cute every toy shop will have them for Xmas. Next thing up from Furbies (Porgies) if you ask me, and I remember parents actually fighting each other to get those .
    More concerned the Mr J is not writing EP IX. That IS a surprise, given it was rumoured he had done both of them a while back. Whilst I'm sure the story group has taken over large elements of this, I'd have preferred the continuity.

PS Oh and the pig thing? One of the most horrible images in SW is its massive backside behind Finns head.
  2. Member Since
    Aug 2014
    From
    England U.K.
    18 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 4:46 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3827

Jaitea said: View Post
    Why can't we just get along?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asM056FLmg0

J
    When i was a lil kid i used to dress up in yellow dungarees and act like Rick for fun, lasted a month before got naked, completely covered myself in green paint, put a small towel round my waist and ran down the street as the Hulk, i used to hide in hedges and ambush people, ahhh the stuff you can get away with as a kid

All together now... I looked to the sky, Where an elephant's eye, Was looking at me, From a bubblegum tree

- - - Updated - - -

CutThumb said: View Post
    PS Oh and the pig thing? One of the most horrible images in SW is its massive backside behind Finns head.
    I thought that pig rhino thing was good i can stll taste how bad that water is now, its in my nose, everwhere, full of pig snot like sewage lol

- - - Updated - - -

F.O. target practice, theyre gona get slaughtered
    From
    San Diego
    13 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 10:16 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3828

CutThumb said: View Post
    Sooo.............. Disney has no shame. They've crossed a sad seal with a penguin and made a porg. Resistance is useless. Must sell more toys (but least they've moved away from the slightly alien Harry Potter owls).

The only thing we can hope for is that they turn carnivorous at midnight .

Also noted that RJ is denying he has had anything to do with writing Ep IX.
    You do understand the irony in that right? The whole "lets sell more toys" mindset of todays movie making landscape was laid down by ol Uncle George and the original trilogy, specifically ROTJ. That movie is what started the entire "merchandising decides if a movie gets made" mentality. So if nobody has any shame, point to stupid George Lucas.

I for one liked the big pig thing drinking the water. It was one big puppet. I loved it actually, wish it were a bantha or a dewback but we have seen those before. EP VII gave a lot of practical guys work.
    From
    Peoria, AZ, USA
    10 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 12:29 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3829

Practical guys and gals ROCK!
    10 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 12:30 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3830

Sourdoh said: View Post
    Practical guys and gals ROCK!
    that they do.

but there is nothing wrong with CGI either, so long as it's used when absolutely neccesary.

no nonsensical CGI suits, for example. build the damn thing.
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    7 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 3:43 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3831

New looks at Kylo and Ray from Battlefront 2

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1.jpg
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 5:55 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3832

jettajeffro said: View Post

might want to spoiler tag it, i dont know if this thread is spoiler free or not

From
    Cincinnati, OH
    4 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 6:40 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3833

jettajeffro said: View Post

Dang, Rey looks awesome! I like Kylo's new look too, but still wish he was wearing his helmet. (I have nothing against Adam Driver's face, just think he looks more bad ass with his helmet). Cape is a great touch though

Also...what's that "new First Order hero ship?" Possible Kylo Ren TIE?
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    4 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 7:16 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3834

Rey's outfit looks like it's a version of her TFA outfit, but with almost a Prequel Jedi spin.
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2014
    2 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 8:45 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3835

R2-D2 was kid friendly from day one in 1977.

Snikt said: View Post
    You do understand the irony in that right? The whole "lets sell more toys" mindset of todays movie making landscape was laid down by ol Uncle George and the original trilogy, specifically ROTJ. That movie is what started the entire "merchandising decides if a movie gets made" mentality. So if nobody has any shame, point to stupid George Lucas.

I for one liked the big pig thing drinking the water. It was one big puppet. I loved it actually, wish it were a bantha or a dewback but we have seen those before. EP VII gave a lot of practical guys work.
    2 Hours Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 8:55 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3836

Snikt said: View Post

You know the difference between today's stuff and back in the day?

George knew what would make a good toy and Kenner knew how to make them.

I loved that Kenner really only ever had 3 sizes of toys. The large dolls, the action figures and the micro collection.

Everything was about the 3 3/4" line. That way they could cover it all. Now you can walk into toys 'r us and get a BB8 in any size you want. And they all do something stupid. And very little is in scale with anything else.

What are you supposed to do with a 30" stormtrooper?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  12. Prop Paintshop! RPF Premium Member Mr Mold Maker's Avatar
    From
    Orlando, Florida
    1 Hour Ago  Apr 27, 2017, 10:07 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #3837

I don't know if this is a spoiler, but I know for a fact they sculpted a new helmet, or at the very least were in the process of sculpting a new one. I'm really surprised that all of the promos have him unmasked.

It would be a shame if they don't use a helmet. His helmet design is my personal favorite in the Star Wars Universe.. even cooler than Darth Vader I think.

Thain said: View Post
    Dang, Rey looks awesome! I like Kylo's new look too, but still wish he was wearing his helmet. (I have nothing against Adam Driver's face, just think he looks more bad ass with his helmet). Cape is a great touch though

Also...what's that "new First Order hero ship?" Possible Kylo Ren TIE?