Airwolf

waynem0

Ok, so there is a small scale Airwolf model kit available and also one can buy a remote control 5 or 6 foot version.
I am sure like me there are a lot of fans out there who would like a decent size scale model of this helicopter for display.

No one ever thought of making up a decent scale mould and making a model? Maybe licencing is a problem.

Thanks

Both as I have been away from this site for some considerable time so yes want my posts up as I want to become a premium member. However, relevant posts as I have quite a few on other forums on this very subject! Also own a Larry Jolly but at just under 6ft will take a lot of work to make it a display piece so yes I think relevant

Ahhh, the memories! I hope it makes the cool sound effect when it flies.
You might have to mock one up yourself with the right look that you want.

I saw the real Airwolf several years ago. It really made that sound. I think it was the air rushing past the fake jet exhausts.

Both as I have been away from this site for some considerable time so yes want my posts up as I want to become a premium member. However, relevant posts as I have quite a few on other forums on this very subject! Also own a Larry Jolly but at just under 6ft will take a lot of work to make it a display piece so yes I think relevant

+1 for me also.

Loved Airwolf would like a scale mountain for it to land it and be stored in while not in use.

I saw the real Airwolf several years ago. It really made that sound. I think it was the air rushing past the fake jet exhausts.

Where did you see it?
I seem to remember hearing it was part of someone's collection and kept at Van Nuys airport.
I would hope it makes occasional air show appearances.

I think the real Aircraft was leased to the studio who added the body parts to turn it into Airwolf. After the show finished it was was converted back and sold and used as an Air Ambulance in Germany, sadly it crashed killing everyone on board. The Airwolf at Van Nuys was built from time expired parts and not Airworthy. He was trying to sell it on Ebay a few years ago but I don't think it sold, I don't know where it is now.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back