New BMF coming

Have done a fair amount of the pipes and a few scratched pieces and thinking about going ahead and spraying some primer to see what things are looking like. Have it apart and going to give it a scrub in the bathtub. Is denatured alcohol necessary for cleaning after the bath or will 91% isopropyl work as well? The base coat has me worried with the adhesion issues. Can't decide if I want to try misting with the krylon or use an adhesion promoter and then automotive primer. I'm leaning towards the later I think.

Chris

Have done a fair amount of the pipes and a few scratched pieces and thinking about going ahead and spraying some primer to see what things are looking like. Have it apart and going to give it a scrub in the bathtub. Is denatured alcohol necessary for cleaning after the bath or will 91% isopropyl work as well? The base coat has me worried with the adhesion issues. Can't decide if I want to try misting with the krylon or use an adhesion promoter and then automotive primer. I'm leaning towards the later I think.

Chris

I didn't use any cleaners for the toy, adhesion aid,...then bumper spray did the trick

J

The last two walls

walldetail3web.jpg walldetail4web.jpg
These two should be a bit further back really but for integrity's sake this will have to do :)

Lots of chopping today

672_SWO_1565detailweb.jpg
this bit between the jawboxes is stepped back on the real 32"

jawboxweb13.jpg so this just happened, needs to be done before the jawbox gets filled in.

jawboxweb12.jpg
looks better :)
also found this pic of the 32"

636_SWO_1529detailweb.jpg so those circle bits are def coming out.

The overhang is just the continuation of the line around the main circle.
The mr falcon may not have it, the cockpit is different to the real 32" I think? so this could be too.
Its a real easy fix though.

Can anyone get a pic of this area on the MR Falcon???? I don't remember it having an overhang??:confused

- - - Updated - - -

If some kind person is going to the trouble could you get some pics of the gun turret window on the MR as well. Is anything in there??? I can't remember???
Thanks

Studio.jpg

MR232.jpg

MR32.jpg

J

KNow what their time frame policy is? 30 days? 60...?

Don't know about the time frame, but I ordered mine online and it was shipped to my house on Nov 1st. I
went back online and printed a "easy return receipt". It says on the receipt to return to your local Walmart. They refunded the difference back on my credit card.

Good job Spacebob!!!

Scratchbuilding is really an art. Difficult to do, but you're doing everything as you really like!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back