New BMF coming

Good lord I love toy conversions and this is the holy grail. I look at it like a large scale model kit just begging for lights, gear and a paint job. The side greeblies can be added down the road. Ill probably get a busted up / missing parts Legacy MF just for the electronics.

If someone made a 3d printed side wall kit, call this sucker done.

Last edited:
Just as an FYI - I know a guy who does 3D modeling... and has made some upgrade pars for studio scale projects for me in the past. I spoke to him and he's going to start an upgrade kit for this bad boy... start it at studio scale then resize to fit this as needed. As his stuff comes out I'll post here so people can upgrade ;)

Jedi Dade

Just as an FYI - I know a guy who does 3D modeling... and has made some upgrade pars for studio scale projects for me in the past. I spoke to him and he's going to start an upgrade kit for this bad boy... start it at studio scale then resize to fit this as needed. As his stuff comes out I'll post here so people can upgrade ;)

Jedi Dade

That sounds fantastic! Thanks

I'm interested to see what type of work/upgrade may be needed underneath. They have not showed it yet. If you watch the X-Wing video I posted above, that has open areas on that toy.

I'm interested to see what type of work/upgrade may be needed underneath. They have not showed it yet. If you watch the X-Wing video I posted above, that has open areas on that toy.

I see your point. I totally missed out on the MR Falcon and have been half-azzd looking for a 30"ish kit or half finished kit or a.....? This looks to be more than a bargain for the money. Heck, even after a day in the paint booth it would make a stunning static display.

Jedi Dave, outstanding. This toy is begging for the finishing touches, and from the pictures it doesnt look like much is needed to get a good result.

I'm hoping it has a solid, detailed bottom. I hope it does not look like an open umbrella where the whole bottom is scooped out!
It's probably closer to 2 foot than 2 1/2 or 3 feet. If it was 2 1/2 they would say something like "Over 28 inches long"! If it was closer to 3 feet they would advertise as "Nearly 3 feet long"! Since it's "Over 2 feet long", it's probably closer to 25-26 inches.

I think it would Rob. It doesn't have the same undercuts like the X-Wing does such as the cannons or engines. It should be 2 solid halves, save for the jawboxes which are hollow, and have stickers for detailing. However, this should be an easy fix to detail up.

I'm hoping it has a solid, detailed bottom. I hope it does not look like an open umbrella where the whole bottom is scooped out!
It's probably closer to 2 foot than 2 1/2 or 3 feet. If it was 2 1/2 they would say something like "Over 28 inches long"! If it was closer to 3 feet they would advertise as "Nearly 3 feet long"! Since it's "Over 2 feet long", it's probably closer to 25-26 inches.

I think I'll follow this thread... would love to see what people are planning with this.

I'm not much of a model guy, but I learn quickly... a giant 30" Falcon in my collection would be sweet.

Hopefully you guys post your builds in progress!

Looks like an easier job than the big X (since the wings on the X create a big challenge).

Been wanting to re-paint my MR for years. but maybe this will become my new canvass perserving the original MR untouched.

This could open many options. If space (room in your place; not the great vacuum we exist in) was not an issue, think of the diorama potential, or the various versions you could do. At just $60 a pop, buying more than one of these is clearly a possibility.

Last edited:
I think I'll follow this thread... would love to see what people are planning with this.

I'm not much of a model guy, but I learn quickly... a giant 30" Falcon in my collection would be sweet.

Hopefully you guys post your builds in progress!

...I totally missed out on the MR Falcon and have been half-azzd looking for a 30"ish kit or half finished kit or a.....? This looks to be more than a bargain for the money. Heck, even after a day in the paint booth it would make a stunning static display.

I feel the same as both you gentleman. I would love to have a large Falcon on display in my collection. I missed out on the MR Falcon because at the time I was between orders moving, and setting up a new home on the opposite coast. I let it slide because they offered it as the The Empire Strikes Back version. It is not that I had anything against the The Empire Strikes Back version but I thought that was MR's way of being able to sell basically the same model again as A New Hope and Return of the Jedi offerings. I was wrong.

I would be up for an upgrade kit as long as it is pretty simply. I lack skill and tools that are needed for a lot those heavy mods you see around here. Glueing on some panels and maybe a simple paint job with some black wash and various panel colors might be in my wheelhouse. It gets a little trickier if I need to hack off the cockpit for a better mod to cut out windows and add interior.

This is always my problem... I think I could learn the skills, but the tools and space are always an issue. I currently live in a small condo (cuz there really aren't any other kind in Vancouver...) and anytime I glue or paint anything it has to be on our tiny deck... fun fact about Vancouver, it rains A LOT (It's raining right now).

I do think I have room on my tiny deck for a project like this... and I could probably pick up a tiny air brush and use some tiny dremels to get it done.

So what I'm saying is... you guys on here need to put a kit together for finishing this!

I would be up for an upgrade kit as long as it is pretty simply. I lack skill and tools that are needed for a lot those heavy mods you see around here. Glueing on some panels and maybe a simple paint job with some black wash and various panel colors might be in my wheelhouse. It gets a little trickier if I need to hack off the cockpit for a better mod to cut out windows and add interior.

My brain has been working overtime thinking about this new Falcon after seeing pictures of it. Yes, lots of possibilities. One thing I've been considering is if the model is indeed about 2 1/2 feet long, a basis for some elements of new sidewalls could be the ones from the MPC Falcon, since they are oversized for that model. Granted that would just be the start though since they really lack a lot of detailing. Instead I might use them just as a starting point before layering on more scale looking greeblies over the top. If its size is closer to 30", that means some of the smaller studio scale greeblies from the 32" model could be adapted to fit here easily enough. I would say rather than replicating each and every little greeblie, getting a similar feel with the shapes would be more important. Get close enough and things would work fine as I see it. At least in my case, my built FineMolds kit would work as a great three dimensional road map to show what I have to do here.

Another idea I am considering is perhaps doing this one as a cutaway using elements of the AMT Cutaway Falcon as a basis. Again this would depend on the final size of the model as the MPC/AMT Falcon is about 18" long. If the new toy is closer to 25" than say 30", it might be possible to fudge things a bit. If I don't go that route though, I likely will at least try to light this one. I just hope it is easy to take apart with screws as opposed to it being glued together, because cutting up a glued together toy could make for quite a mess.

But bring it on I say!

BTW, here is a link to my FM Falcon build:

http://www.therpf.com/f11/my-finemolds-1-72-millennium-falcon-79652/

As a trekkie--I'm jealous.

This is what the big Falcon toy should have been all along. I just never liked the idea of distorting a vehicle just to make it playable with action figures.

Too many action figures--not enough ships.

Walmart.com is telling me that my Falcon has shipped, so these should start showing up soon. No doubt someone here will get theirs first - can't wait to see the first reviews!

Mark in Okinawa

Mine doesn't say it has shipped, but it says it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. We will see if that is accurate.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back