New BMF coming

Thinking about this I am disappointed in the upcoming micro machine offerings , while the reissue of the original items are always welcome I was expecting newer tooling with improved materials ......here are some of my micro machines (1994) , but I want to draw your attention to the clone wars obiwans Jedi star fighter, THIS IS A FREE MC DONALDS TOY ( 2009)
its details are not far off the action fleet snowspeeder in the background .
i am hoping that this is only a first offering and they have reigned in on other items until the movie is released, but it now being the 21 century I was hoping for better quality, comparing the y- wing I have (titanium series) with the new release looks no different .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 218
Well, these things are 'toys'; sometimes we get lucky when the things are of good enough fidelity to pass for a 'model' - and sometimes not.

Face it, corporations don't often seem to display 'pride of craft' these days, plus Disney is an enormous marketing machine... which occurred to me last night when I was looking at the large displays of Star Wars toys in the Barnes & Nobles book store (repeat: BOOK store...) Strangely, there were also a few Airfix kits for the 'kiddies'...

Anyway, hope still can spring eternal (because that may be what it takes... ha!)
R/ Robert

Well, these things are 'toys'; sometimes we get lucky when the things are of good enough fidelity to pass for a 'model' - and sometimes not.

Face it, corporations don't often seem to display 'pride of craft' these days, plus Disney is an enormous marketing machine... which occurred to me last night when I was looking at the large displays of Star Wars toys in the Barnes & Nobles book store (repeat: BOOK store...) Strangely, there were also a few Airfix kits for the 'kiddies'...

Anyway, hope still can spring eternal (because that may be what it takes... ha!)
R/ Robert
I know they don't have to display a pride of craft, but look that the quality of vehicles hasbro has done in recent years. When they actually revamped the molds to the OT vehicles, we got some pretty sweet versions.

Maybe there is a difference between Lucasfilm and Disney when it comes to working with hasbro.

Incidentally, I noticed that Walmart has the bmf up on their canadian website again.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

So Hasbro's entire catalogue has just leaked online, that's a thing that happened. How to put this kindly, Hasbro? Oh, I know - (ahem) "Well I never thought I'd be wistfully nostalgic for the original Kenner Falcon as a paragon of SA - thank you for that, Hasbro!"
On the plus side, Vacform is in no danger from his wife :lol And hooray, I win - it's in fact awful. :unsure

This:
attachment.php

& This:
MillenniumFalconCII.jpg

.....aren't the same product,.....& the entire catalogue hasn't been announced yet,.....theres no TFA Han, Luke or Leia for a start

....patience,....Force Friday is next week

J

Attachments

• MillenniumFalconCII.jpg
    MillenniumFalconCII.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, obviously - no doubt they're different toys. But while it's slightly better than the more expensive new 3.75 Falcon, I still think that smaller falcon is more MPC than 5 footer, and both are less than either the BMF or the HS. As always I hope t be shown to be a cynical old *******, and admire your optimism, but the more I see from Hasbro, the less confidence I have that they can do the line justice. I DO have to say that the whole thing has me wondering again where Hasbro got the 3d file for the HS - there's NO way they sculpted it in-house, it's not the ILM model, so just where the hell did this thing come from?

Unkay. This thread is 73 pages long now. I just got in my upgrade set and the time has come.

Can anyone quickly recommend a good inexpensive adhesion promoter available in the USA and save me hours it could take to read through this (again) to find it the hard way?

Yeah, I'm lazy.

My Falcon is in it's final stages......20150902_234406.jpeg
The best thing is, ..... I have another one to start on! Might go all out, as some on here have done, and spend some big bucks to light, and add all the aftermarket parts out there

Thinking about this I am disappointed in the upcoming micro machine offerings , while the reissue of the original items are always welcome I was expecting newer tooling with improved materials ......here are some of my micro machines (1994) , but I want to draw your attention to the clone wars obiwans Jedi star fighter, THIS IS A FREE MC DONALDS TOY ( 2009)
its details are not far off the action fleet snowspeeder in the background .
i am hoping that this is only a first offering and they have reigned in on other items until the movie is released, but it now being the 21 century I was hoping for better quality, comparing the y- wing I have (titanium series) with the new release looks no different .

When they came out I was never big on the Micro Machines... I always thought they looked more like toys then the models did and I guess they were. They were too thick in some places and too short in others (the tie wings were thick, the x-wing guns were short). Just really offended my OCD badly. But... I suppose the reason they didn't make a new tooling of these ships is because they found the old molds and said, hey, why remake them when we've got everything right here! Sad part is, people are buying them so they aren't gonna change anything.

Does anyone have a Hasbro Hero Series Millennium Falcon they want to sell? Or does anyone know where I can find one? The ones on eBay are too expensive. It will be my first try at a model. I want to paint it and add lights.

Thanks.

SJM989, try and find someone local as the shipping on such a big box will be 'killer'... I picked up a few on sale hoping to help out some RPF mates, but then found out the ship cost made it uneconomical but for very short distances.

Regards, Robert

Just wanted to share an update on my progress. Hit a lull as life's gotten a little busy.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Some of the hull damage added with a soldering iron. Cut out and scratched the two hull pits for a more ESB look, not accurate except for the main tank parts, close enough for now and really adds to the look.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
And my current state. After grey primer black wash then painted with light aircraft grey than added the basic hull panel colors. Followed by a quick black wash again and decided to go chalk for aging. Only black chalk at the moment and working slowly around section by section.
This is my first time in a long while modding or scratching anything. And my first time painting a model. Long way to go...

I would really like to add lights to this to really bring it to life if anyone that has done so on this bad boy has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it.

p.s. To anyone who's cautious of jumping in and starting their own, don't be. The plastics not that bad take your time cutting and grab some 2 part superglue and have at. Grab lots of photo reference and follow along

Last edited:
Just wanted to share an update on my progress. Hit a lull as life's gotten a little busy.
View attachment 531977View attachment 531979View attachment 531980View attachment 531981View attachment 531983
Some of the hull damage added with a soldering iron. Cut out and scratched the two hull pits for a more ESB look, not accurate except for the main tank parts, close enough for now and really adds to the look.
View attachment 531986View attachment 531984View attachment 531987View attachment 531985
And my current state. After grey primer black wash then painted with light aircraft grey than added the basic hull panel colors. Followed by a quick black wash again and decided to go chalk for aging. Only black chalk at the moment and working slowly around section by section.
This is my first time in a long while modding or scratching anything. And my first time painting a model. Long way to go...

I would really like to add lights to this to really bring it to life if anyone that has done so on this bad boy has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it.

p.s. To anyone who's cautious of jumping in and starting their own, don't be. The plastics not that bad take your time cutting and grab some 2 part superglue and have at. Grab lots of photo reference and follow along

I can't see those. is is just me?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back