New BMF coming

Seeing how the box art highlights something as minor as a "rotating feature" for the radar dish, I think it would point out landing gear if they were included.
(Don't mean for that to sound like I'm being a smart-a**. I wish it had them.)

My intention with this is to replace decals with various greebles, weather it, and mount it on the wall like a painting. I own the BMF and had originally intended to buy this and transfer its laser cannons to BMF since they look to be more screen accurate, but again the box only highlights 1 cannon so I doubt it has the lower one.

Last edited:
Wow check out the comments on Rebel Scum, they're not liking it at all. No model builders or moders in that group. I am eagerly looking forward to this, it looks perfect for a big scale 5 footer replica with some work.

I think it is mainly because the bulk of the members commenting are toy collectors. They are looking at it for what it is.

Over here, I think as prop replica collectors, we look at it for what it could be. "Okay, it suck here and there, but if i did this and that, it would make a great prop replica piece."

Here's hoping that someone here comes along with a great upgrade kit (such as detailed panels to replace the side decals) and maybe a nice electronics kit.

You know, I wonder if this is maybe....a precursor toy to a new line, leading into the new movies. The movie is a ways a way, but release some in development toys to fill the shelves for the Chistmas season. In a year or two we will see a rerelease of this fully kitted out with interior, landing gear and scaled figures. Also other ships of the line too of course.

Even as a toy I think its awesome... a "rugged" version of my old MPC model that I blew up with firecrackers, crash landed into the pool, dodged Hasbro tie fighters through the pine trees, ties to fishing line a swung like crazy to make it fly... no playability .... Pfffft amateurs...):cool

One other thing I worry about with this item is: What does the bottom look like?

Is it as detailed on the bottom as it is the top? Did they build in a sort of built-in landing gear that allows it to be set on the ground? Is it a total train wreck under there?

I agree 60cm is 23.62 inches which is less than the "over 2ft" which it states right above the 60cm on the box. Kind of confusing. LOL

They're bringing out a big X-wing too.
http://www.yodasnews.com/hasbro-hero-series-x-wing-fighter-final-images/
Big-X-Wing02.jpgBig-X-Wing01.jpg

I'd really like to see what someone here can do with this.

This showed up a couple weeks at my Target. The decals used for the canopy are already starting to peel off just sitting there on the shelf. If you are not aware, this has no features other than movable landing gear, no S-Foils to attack position and I do not believe R2's head moves. It is a complete standalone toy that is not to scale with anything else.

Honestly, I just have a lot of mixed emotions about it. It's a giant X-Wing... which I love. But even as a kid's toy, I don't see the playability factor. If they came out with a matching TIE Fighter, it might be cool to hang from the ceiling in my son's room.

I love how if you read reviews on the toy blogs they absolutely hate this Falcon. "It doesn't open, you can't fit figures in it, blah blah blah". If you read the modeling blogs, everyone is excited and seeing potential of what the possibilities may be after they rip it apart. I think the basic shape looks pretty good, but the size is making me nervous in adding pieces.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back