New BMF coming

Didn't notice the decal areas, really hope they opt for molding. I plan on weathering this monster and hanging on the wall like a painting.

Personally, I'd hope they stick with the stickers for the side-panels. I would most likely cut out the sidewalls and scratchbuild the side details anyhow, I'd love it to start flat already and save me the trouble.

--Alex

And this targeted at kids?! Talk about the wrong peer group. That model has no play value at all, it was kind of awkward to swoosh around with the old toy falcon, how is a five year old going to play with that monster?
And who's going to produce the first after market lighting kit for it?

You're so right. It has absolutely no play value what-so-ever. From what I can tell it doesn't have any landing gear either. At least the BMF had a ton of play value in it. This and the X-Wing really shows that Hasbro have lost the plot.

As a stand alone model this will look great on the shelf. As a toy....FAIL.

You're so right. It has absolutely no play value what-so-ever. ...

And I kick myself for not getting the BMF. It was just a 100 Euros when it was on sale. Come to think of it, there was one of those new AT-AT´s on sale at a toystore in our town ...

BTW; why aren´t they re-releasing the more popular ships, like they did with the classic ships at first, reusing the old toolings?

I agree, who is this targeted at?

A cheaper version of the BMF from a few years ago would probably sell much better. Keep the landing gear & seated cockpit & interior, and simplify the rest of it.

I like what they're about to offer (I'll probably get one) but I don't see it being a big seller.

Last edited:
Some more nice images......huge here

High-Resolution-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Hero-Millennium-Falcon-003-1_zpscd937276.jpg

High-Resolution-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Hero-Millennium-Falcon-002_zps92b186f6.jpg

High-Resolution-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Hero-Millennium-Falcon-001_zps286ce893.jpg

J

But that's to our advantage, isn't it Junk Pilot - we'll be detoyifying it anyway so Hasbro's done much of the work out of the box. I'm already excited about dremeling out the cockpit glass. Get ready, though, Jaitea - because the plastic isn't like the familiar polystyrene that's so easy to cut and sand. The BMF had that rubbery kind of plastic that's tough on the Dremel. Go too high and it just ---- melts. But at 23+ inches I'm disappointed that it's way smaller than the BMF (just 1" shy of SS) and closer in size to the old chubby vintage one which was 21 inches. --- they should have switched sizes with the big X-wing to get closer to SS. That must be a tiny kid in the photo -- the Falcon looks so huge. Still - it's a great canvas for honing your Falcon weathering skills.

No. They are NOT using the old toolings.

They are all new molds and more film accurate except for the A and B-Wing's which have updated cockpits only. The last A-Wing was released under the Legacy label but the B-Wing was released in The Vintage Collection. The BMF was first released in The Legacy Collection and again in The Vintage Collection line. However, aside from the obvious oversized parts on the Falcon it was upscaled from Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon model released years ago and was ALMOST Studio Scale.

Other new mold releases have been the TIE Fighter/Interceptor which have new and accurate cockpit balls, Twin Pod Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, a much larger AT-AT, AT-ST and X-Wings. It was hinted at a couple of years ago that Hasbro would update Darth Vader's X-1 but that hasn't happened yet and now that Disney have Star Wars who knows if this will happen.

And I kick myself for not getting the BMF. It was just a 100 Euros when it was on sale. Come to think of it, there was one of those new AT-AT´s on sale at a toystore in our town ...

BTW; why aren´t they re-releasing the more popular ships, like they did with the classic ships at first, reusing the old toolings?

I like the idea of Hasbro simplifying the original BMF and that would certain cut the manufacturing/retail cost and they may have even entertained the idea. However, now that Disney owns everything I'm expecting them to shift their focus away from collector's tand releasing more and more items that are targeted directly at their major customer base, kids.

Once it becomes known that there is not much you can do with this "toy" I can't see many people holding onto this for too long as it will be just a large lump of plastic getting in the way, and we know how long kids attention span is so if it's not holding their interest it's quickly forgotten about.

I agree, who is this targeted at? A cheaper version of the BMF from a few years ago would probably sell much better. Keep the landing gear & seated cockpit & interior, and simplify the rest of it. I like what they're about to offer (I'll probably get one) but I don't see it being a big seller.

Hi CJ, it will still require some work but if someone chooses to make a cockpit set to install this will be a winner for sure. It will still need the inner jaw boxes sealed and more sidewall details though.

But that's to our advantage, isn't it Junk Pilot - we'll be detoyifying it anyway so Hasbro's done much of the work out of the box. I'm already excited about dremeling out the cockpit glass. Get ready, though, Jaitea - because the plastic isn't like the familiar polystyrene that's so easy to cut and sand. The BMF had that rubbery kind of plastic that's tough on the Dremel. Go too high and it just ---- melts. But at 23+ inches I'm disappointed that it's way smaller than the BMF (just 1" shy of SS) and closer in size to the old chubby vintage one which was 21 inches. --- they should have switched sizes with the big X-wing to get closer to SS. That must be a tiny kid in the photo -- the Falcon looks so huge. Still - it's a great canvas for honing your Falcon weathering skills.

another chunk of my money getting sucked away... If it REALLY looks like this I'm so there. if its just a prototype and gets dumbed down when released it could be a huge disappointment. Either way I'll 99.999% be owning one of these.

with the MF being confirmed in the new SW - bringing this out makes perfect sense. Most parents look at a $100 "toy" like the BMF and think... "he'll play with it for a day." and then find something else to get. it was people like US that bought the BMF before. At 1/2 the price its way more toward kids. as for playability - I know me as an 8 year old would have been all over that. blowing it up with fire crackers... crashing it in the jungle planet that was my back yard... and the water planet that was the pool... Yep All over that!

Jedi Dade

I'm with Dade on this one, I know that a younger (and current.....) me would love this sort of thing as a toy, not every kid is overly fussed by play features. As long as the price on this thing is below $60 I think it's a winner, anything over $70 and you really oughta be having funcionality

The more I look at the pics the more excited I am... Many of the details look so good... and the rest looks so ready for upgrades :D

Jedi Dade

Haystack Hair;3343475...As long as the price on this thing is below $60 I think it's a winner said:
And there lies another question. There is no need to buy action figures. Vehicles IIRC were always meant to compliment action figures and playsets, too, if not even fueling action figure sales. This is such a stand alone toy, what scenarios are you going to play with it? The old falcon was vehicle AND playset, especially the BMF.
The more I look at the pics the more excited I am... Many of the details look so good... and the rest looks so ready for upgrades :D

Jedi Dade

I think it might be my first foray into the field of painting and weathering.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back