New BMF coming

Our local wal-mart has the large X-wing. I have not seen the Falcon yet.It was supposed to be a November release, so I wouldn't expect to see any on store shelves until then

Being in Australia has its advantages but when it comes to something like this it is a disadvantage as it takes so long for things to get released down here. I'm really hanging out for this. Damn you, Hasbro.

One of these has already shown up on Australian Ebay .....for $160. Yeah. I don't think so, buddy.

Last edited:
Our local wal-mart has the large X-wing. I have not seen the Falcon yet.It was supposed to be a November release, so I wouldn't expect to see any on store shelves until then

Well that's a good sign.

I'm not RUSHING to get one... I would like to see what you guys can do with the model first. I'm only just scratching the surface of model making, but I've always wanted a kick ass MF.

These are now IN STORE at TRU Australia. Complete and utter rip off but got it anyway with the hope I can get it cheaper then return this back to TRU.

IMAG0526.jpg

Last edited:
I know but since it is an exclusive to Walmart there are no other resellers in the states and I don't know anyone in the states to buy one and ship it over for me so I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place.

Yeah, that's outrageous! Just wait until thes start hitting eBay! Holy cripe!

In other news, progress and some interesting developments on the sidewall parts coming soon. For the mandible area, the part is going to replace the front lines that are molded on for the sake of accuracy, so can I get this measurement please?

2cmu7i1.jpg

Hey Junkpilot -- it might still work out to be more than a hundred bucks. Shipping a normal-size/weight parcel costs about $37 to ship from Canada to the US, so to Australia would probably be about $50?

Yeah, that would not be unexpected but if I were to get the X-Wing through Amazon I can still save as much as $35 over the cost of buying in store here in Australia so realistically any saving is good.

Last edited:
I was wondering since the dish is over sized if the dish from the legacy big falcon would be closer to the proper scale for this falcon. Maybe one of you scale experts can chime in. The dish on this Falcon is actually the size of the SS 32 incher.

I've compared the dish from the BMF to the dish I am using as its replacement. The BMF dish is 2.5 inches in diameter as opposed to the 3 inch Plastruct dish which I'm led to believe is the correct size for the 32in Falcon. I know it doesn't answer your question but I hope it helps anyway.

Yes i noticed that but they dont have any instock anywhere , they havent had any yet i dont think so maybe this will be the price when they arrive?

Argos are notorious for not having stock they advertise, this from Watchdog 2009:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...n9rjnJ/argos-special-offers-that-don-t-add-up
Just last week I cancelled a washing machine order because they said 5 days online and in black & white on the order, but in reality it would be 4 weeks(!!!) due to them advertising Hotpoint stock that was still in Europe somewhere.

Don't rely on ever seeing one on the shelves for £29.99. I suspect that's to gain interest and have kids expecting a big MF-shaped present under the tree on Christmas Day. When they have stock it will be at the non-discounted price and parents (plus folks like us) will have paid it.
I'd love to be proved wrong about all that, but it seems that's just the way they operate.

Walmart says unavailable online and I cant find it within 50 miles of LA. I also tried NYC just for fun.

Just to be clear, those of you who have bought one in the US got it online right?

Walmart says unavailable online and I cant find it within 50 miles of LA. I also tried NYC just for fun.

Just to be clear, those of you who have bought one in the US got it online right?
You can sign up on Walmart.com for email updates. I got an email in the middle of the night that the "cyber shelves are stocked" with the BMF. But i was sleeping and by time I woke up, they sold out again :(

Picked mine up from Argos this morning for £29.99. Wow...To think how much money I've spent on MPCs and Revell kits. This is a LOT of falcon for the money, and the closest I'll be able to get to studio scale on my budget..this has so much potential! I can't wait to see how everybody tackles this bird.

Picked mine up from Argos this morning for £29.99. Wow...To think how much money I've spent on MPCs and Revell kits. This is a LOT of falcon for the money, and the closest I'll be able to get to studio scale on my budget..this has so much potential! I can't wait to see how everybody tackles this bird.

This is soo frustrating , there are none around here anywhere!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back