Marvel Now "The Punisher" Gerads-version **UPDATED 6/11/2015, shooting begins**

Re: Marvel Now "The Punisher" costume (Gerads version) Elbow/forearm armor added!

Any plans to fill out the triceps armor? I think I got you covered for the shoulder armor:
$_57.JPG
Love these practical tactical builds!

Re: Marvel Now "The Punisher" costume (Gerads version) Elbow/forearm armor added!

Thank you, gents... I really love this build. The Punisher has always been my favorite character and this design is up near the top in my opinion. Trying to replicate it as closely as I can. This build has been a ton of fun.

Crabra Comander- nice find on the shirt.. I may give it a shot at some point.

Here's what I ordered for the shoulder and arm armor. I may have to mold some styrene or worbla to build triceps pieces over the armor:
$_57.JPG

I plan to cut the shoulder and arm pieces off, and attach them to my current vest. I'll dye them a darker black. May even cover the pieces in black vinyl to have them match the forearm armor a bit closer

Thank you, kindly, fellas. I really appreciate all the kudos and tips. :)

Added the shoulder armor, bicep armor to come shortly. Then I'll bloody/dirty this suit up a bit.

Forgive the khaki shorts, lol, the heat/humidity today was a nightmare

Looks great man! You ever plan to add the white spray paint to the front pouches to make them look like the teeth of the Skull?

Hi First off looking awesome, but my idea would be to do the three pouches white to make it even more badass.

Hey man,

thanks for the kudos. I'm planning on keeping these pouches black as in his series, they've remained black. Though I am tempted to order a separate set of pouches and paint them white just to have them as an option

I thought that they were sprayed white at least in the first issue

tumblr_mxkedyyvH91qg8i80o1_1280.jpg

z123013gerads_punisher.png

Either way looks great!

Last edited:

The first issue is strange, the pouches have a gray or white highlight to them but the rest of the series they appear black or gray. I certainly don't mind buying another set and making them white. Hell, it might look better, lol. Thanks for the kudos, bud

I think it is an issue with the colorist to be honest, when the white shows up for the teeth on the vest it seems to be added in by the colorist not actually drawn and inked like the upper skull portion of the vest.

Re: Marvel Now "The Punisher" costume (Gerads version) MASK ADDED!

Im waiting for the day they actually design a "Working Tac vest" for the Punisher, closest one so far is from War Zone movie.
the above pic is great example, why have 3 pistol mag pouches and no pistol? what about rifle mag pouches for that rifle your carrying?

If you look closely, you'll find the distinct shape of a Glock 17/22/31's grip sticking out of a holster-pouch visible between the rifle magazine pouches and the HK416. So he isn't sidearm-less. But I'm not seeing any pistol magazine pouches, just a triple rifle shingle, the Glock, and a double-frag shingle.

the artist even makes fun of the warzone version. which is a real body armor vest. lol.
Crye makes mostly airsoft/paintball crap anyways. they dont have any contracts with the military.

That's just silly and ignorant. Crye clothing is the standard for pretty much every US SOCOM unit in existence. US Army Rangers, Special Forces, and US Air Force Parajumpers utilize Crye fatigues in MultiCam, US Marine Raiders/MARSOC utilize Crye fatigues in the old "analogue" woodland pattern, and US Navy SEALs utilize Crye fatigues in AOR1 and AOR2 (a digital pattern similar to - but not the same as - the Marines' MARPAT). Crye fatigues in green were also much in evidence in FBI SWAT use in Boston during the Tsarnaev manhunt. It's probably a safe bet that Delta and DEVGRU (or whatever they're going by today) and their civilian sister unit, FBI HRT, utilize the same fatigues.

It's probably a safe bet that many of these units might just use some of their unit funds, and even their own personal money to purchase Crye LBE and armor.

The Warzone armor was hilarious, anyway. ;)

Seriously, though, all you'd have to do with this kit is change the colors from black to MultiCam and you'd pretty much be staring at the likeness of the modern American SOF member.

Since I was looking to find out what to make the skull out of for my own armor, I might as well share what brought me here courtesy of the Google:
10592004_682557185157249_800011339_n_zps9f8640a0.jpg

Mk1 paper skull prototype. Needless to say, PunisherNC's skull looks much, much, much better.

The Kryptek Typhon camouflage pattern was intentionally chosen due to the fact that black-on-black-on-black doesn't always show up that well. And I figured that there's a better than decent chance that any live action Punisher movie might feature camouflage, especially when it looks as cool as Typhon does and keeps with the dark-and-brooding colors. And I couldn't tell whether Frank's supposed to be wearing foliage green, some color of grey, or black half the time anyway.

Since this picture was taken, I have added some Team Wendy training plates and an ESSTAC KYWI triple rifle magazine shingle to the front of the armor. Reckon I'll need a couple frag grenade pouches, a flash bang pouch (with inert grenades to fill them), a trauma kit, and TQ pouch. And from the description in the initial reference, I'll probably need to get some sort of GP pouch for the back of the armor. It ultimately will not be as literal a translation of the original as PunisherNC's, as it will take into account my own preferences and experiences with clothing, armor, load-bearing gear, &c. Kind of a Punisher by way of Haley Strategic, Vickers Tactical, and Black Powder \\ Red Earth.

Can't do a literal interpretation, anyway, since I'm blond. :wacko

Post em up, buddy. I'd love to see more pics. I'm digging the camo look. In the new series he uses several different color swatches for his suit. Especially those first two issues. I really like how he's not locked into a single suit.. He switches it up dependent upon the when/where of his intended target.

Will do.

But first, I have to pick up a trash can from Wally-World and some velcro. ;)

I'm starting work on this version of the Punisher myself. I'm going to attempt doing a kydex skull for the vest so it would have a similar surface texture to the damascus guards and the integrated knee pads.

Picked up a new triple ammo pouch for the front of the vest that I'll be painting white over the weekend

I also just received my "I'm not Daredevil" t-shirt from We Love Fine, from the great advice by Sundowner here on the RPF. I will definitely try and replicate the promo piece from Gerads over the weekend as well
IMG_3428.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3428.JPG
    IMG_3428.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 121
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back