Wonder Woman

^
Obviously not an artist.
Obviously easily amused.

This logo is CRAP, with a capital "C".
I would have been embarrassed to even show this abortion to my boss.
You don't turn in your first rough as a final.
Any artist with a modicum of pride knows this.
I would have done 8 preliminaries, and this abomination would have been the first to be deleted.

It's like they're in a rush to get things done.
They probably are...
They're too concerned with making a "BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE!!!!111!!!"
and not concerned enough with making "ART".

Comic books are "ART".
As a comic book aficionado, I expect ART.
If they're gonna treat this film venture like a frikkin' Justin Bieber album, then I ain't interested.
It ain't that hard to hire ARTISTS.
We number in the MILLIONS, and we're HUNGRY!

I could have done better than this with my eyes closed...

I am not crazy about the colors and textures used, but that is her logo.

I'm glad they didn't deviate into some oddball crazy unrecognizable new direction.

I do agree it's not too impressive on how they presented it.

I have a problem with the idea of Amazons being created to be the protector of man, until they decide to abandon it. Um, amazons were left mankind because they no longer wanted to be oppressed. At no point were they supposed to protect mankind. They are re-writing Wonder Woman's back story yet again!!

Kind of glad I never read WW, I don't have any preconceived ideas about her beyond the old TV show and Super Friends cartoon. I'm looking forward to seeing her in BvS and her own film.

Well seeing the actress in character finally sadly confirms my first reaction, this isn't gonna work for me.
Nothing against the actress but I don't what they saw in her for this part. I'm sure I will be considered from Mars
once the WW mania hits. Seems I am very out of sync with DC films and casting these days.

all I see is a paris hilton looking type in a black wig. that to me doesn't look like wonder woman. it looks like a super model playing super hero.

Granted though, I don't pay attention to many modern people, so not sure who WOULD look good in the part. But I always picture a linda carter type.
with just a tad more muscle.

most of what DC has shown in the movie department doesn't get me either. the last thing they got right was the nolan batman films (minus their terrible take on the joker). Man of Steel was terribly boring. BVS looks rushed to get to a justice league movie (no reason wonder women should be in it at all since she hasn't even been established in her own movie yet)...and suicide squads jersey shore looking joker lost me instantly. I can't even look at that disgusting design, much less watch it.

also chris pines line had me gag 'telling this story now...is very important.. about a very powerful woman'. oh go social justice somewhere else. we've had 30 years of powerful women. it's not new anymore.

Last edited:
The only thing "important" about telling it now is Marvel is running away with ticket sales. LOL

WW deserved a proper treatment years ago but they were too cowardly. Now they want something to compete against Avengers and well here we are
looking at this.

Last edited:
The only thing "important" about telling it now is Marvel is running away with ticket sales. LOL

WW deserved a proper treatment years ago but they we're to cowardly. Now they want something to compete against Avengers and well here we are
looking at this.

hence this big mistake known as 'legends of tomorrow'. it's too much too soon too fast.

Well I loved this movie the first time I saw it. It was called "Captain America. The First Avenger". If they are going to play it up as she has been around for a hundred years and now she shows up and people are like who is she? I just think WW deserves more than what I have seen so far.

As far as Godot as WW I have no problem with it. She is from Israel and has 2 years of military service under her belt. So when it come to fighting and handling weapons she has more cred then some of stunt man. Maybe it is the fact that I am Jewish saying this part, but hey it's what I think.

Looks like Xena vs the krauts. I'll give it points for being a period piece, but while very pretty, Gal so far has proven to be a lousy actor, and she's the lead, so this is iffy at best. Maybe it'll surprise everyone, but right now this is a disc I'll borrow from the library.

^
Obviously not an artist.
Obviously easily amused.

Obviously pretentious :rolleyes

On a separate note and moving away from responding to keyboard douchery, the WW footage shown last night looks promising. It does have a Cap TFA vibe to it but it's a period piece so hard to avoid that. The hand to hand combat scenes could potentially be amazing if they're going to emphasize Diana's martial arts training, hopefully they don't stick to the old school punch-and-kick formula of TFA and other period action films.

Last edited:
Chris bloody Pine as Steve Trevor? Hasnt he done enough damage to classic characters. Perhaps they didnt want the sidekick out acting the lead.

Sceptical but i'll watch it. When it comes out on sky movies...... im certainly not paying for it.

I havn't seen pine in anything else, but...

you're only as great as what you've got to work with. and we all know JJ trek was pure retro fluff ;o).

one step above a michael bay movie.

Well seeing the actress in character finally sadly confirms my first reaction, this isn't gonna work for me.
Nothing against the actress but I don't what they saw in her for this part. I'm sure I will be considered from Mars
once the WW mania hits. Seems I am very out of sync with DC films and casting these days.

So... you're saying that based on approximately 30-45 seconds of screen time (add in another 10 seconds for the BvS footage), about half of which was action and NONE of which had any in-character dialogue, you've come to the conclusion that she just isn't right for the character?

How exactly did you come to this conclusion?

So... you're saying that based on approximately 30-45 seconds of screen time (add in another 10 seconds for the BvS footage), about half of which was action and NONE of which had any in-character dialogue, you've come to the conclusion that she just isn't right for the character?

How exactly did you come to this conclusion?

Seen the face, heard the voice, watched the going through the motions.
No presence of Princess Diana of Themyscira for me. Just not there, I should just know it,
I should think wow there she is! But the vibe is totally off.
I don't sense wisdom, experience and strength that I should with one look.

preview_-300115_WonderWomanPF-.jpg

My biggest problem is that she looks so young. It's hard to capture a sense of wisdom in someone so young. But that sort of thing takes time to develop, so I'll hold judgment until the entire film is out.

She does look too young, I will even say I have cosplayer flashbacks looking at her.
And you know... Lynda Carter was younger than this actress I think, but I'll be damned if she didn't have that maturity and wisdom about her.
WW can't look like she was born yesterday if you know what I mean, because well, we won't discuss a ladies age will we?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back