Shazam! (Post-release)

What did you think of Shazam!?

• Total voters
Shazam would make the most sense, nobody outside the comic community knows about him and having The Rock as the titular character gives the film instant recognition. Sandman is the other unfamiliar grounds but clearly The Rock isn't going to play him.

Dwayne Johnson will be playing Black Adam.

15129000235_1c82f29a46_o.png

NICE. For the record, I like Dwayne Johnson, his films are generally very entertaining. I was NOT excited to hear the rumors of him playing the lead character (he just doesn't "fit", imo); however, I think he'll be excellent as Black Adam.

Good job, casting-people-type-folks. :thumbsup

The trick will be finding someone as physically impressive to play Capt Marvel (or I guess it's Shazam)...

I read Shazam Giant Size comics many decades ago.

All i remember (and i haven't googled a thing!) is Billy Batson, Mr. Tawny...who was basically an upright tiger....a professor dude who looked like professor Farnsworth...i think there were other Shazam type characters....

I dunno, i remember it as being pretty weird and slightly psychedelic....so i take it Shazam has changed over the years?

Rich

Captain Marvel was a huge favorite of mine as a kid - and my Dad was a fan as a kid, too. I'm leery about this because the traditional Captain Marvel was heavy in humor and not nearly as "heavy" as even Superman.... so, he really doesn't seem to fit in all that well with the current type of movies DC seems to be doing.

I think Johnson is perfect as Black Adam and could've been a great big red cheese, too. Him opting for the villain role really makes casting Cap much more difficult and it's going interesting to see who gets the pick - I'd guess they go the unknown route.

kind of silly if this were to be true. shazam is a great character and would be fun if he were a part of the until now rather empty shared universe.

The Rock as Shazam.......so far they have it right......Shazam does begin with an ''s" and an "h"......just have to add only two more letters and it will be a perfect description of Big Dwayne's acting skills.

Next thing ya know they'll put Channing Tatum in a lead role.....:sick

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back