FINALLY...Started the dream build BTTF Time Machine

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well after 11 years of owning a delorean that has had major mechanical problems (they're still not all fixed but it runs and drives). And 10 years of collecting and building props, I decided it's time to start.
Started with the rear engine deck...

Keep in mind the props on the side pontoons are not mounted yet...I just laid them up for a quick pic.
But the vents, and Mr; Fusion are mounted...decided to cover the back window instead of taking it out (Michigan weather was the main factor)
I'm going to try to mount everything on the engine deck and pontoons this week...

Starting the inside bulkhead this weekend.
Still need the relay banks and SID. for that...

Mike

Attachments

• IMAG0612.jpg
    IMAG0612.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 313
  • IMAG0613.jpg
    IMAG0613.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 330
  • IMAG0611.jpg
    IMAG0611.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 351
Update: Almost done. Flux bands, wormhole emitter to do for the outside. Relay banks, and SID to install inside..and a bunch more wires and cables inside.

Attachments

• 2014-07-27 15.08.41.jpg
    2014-07-27 15.08.41.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • 2014-07-27 15.08.56.jpg
    2014-07-27 15.08.56.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
  • 2014-07-27 15.30.24.jpg
    2014-07-27 15.30.24.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 260
  • 2014-07-27 15.09.07.jpg
    2014-07-27 15.09.07.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 291
Yeah started early June. Only get to work on the weekends, but put in some long days, along with visiting my mother in a nursing home, and running around after my 2 year old daughter.
But I've been collecting pieces and parts for 10 years, so I don't know how fast it came together LOL.
mike

I don't know how I missed your thread back in June! This is my holy grail and you have done a fantastic job! Any chance of seeing some more detailed photos - like how you attach a lot of the components? Do you drill and fasten to the body, or do you try and avoid holes in your SS? Did you fabricate the pontoons?
You mention that the car has mechanical problems, I have seen a documentary or two on Deloreans and also have a friend with one and this seems to be somewhat common. What is the nature of the problem? If it is the engine is it possible to swap it out with something 'non-Delorean'?

Drilled and Mounted. Drilling the first hole in the pontoon was a little nerveracking... but once I drilled one hole the others were not a big deal. Also drilled the clips into the stainless. The car had a ton mechanical issues after I bought it but 11k later and its a decent driver.
Still needs shocks and springs and the tires show signs of dry rot, needs rear brakes.

I will say this I drove it to the local 7Eleven...no other cars in the lot. I was in and out in under a minute, and the car was surrounded by people when I came out. A quick trip to the corner store turned into 40 minutes.
After that I drove up to the local car cruise...and parked it in a lot with a ton of old cars. Cruise ended at 6pm, I left at 9 because of all the people stopping by.
AND no one noticed the missing flux bands or missing props.

Just because it's winter and I miss driving her...:(

Also here's a link to my FB page...love to have RPF love from the talented people here!
www.facebook.com/Docstts

Here's to hoping word gets out and I can start doing some shows this year!
mike

Attachments

• bulkhead.jpg
    bulkhead.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 351
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 185
Looks awesome, great job! My brother used to own a DeLorean in the Detroit area and I'm still PO'd at myself for not buying it from him when he sold it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back