CW "Arrow" Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer build

I notice you have your arrows on the hand side of the bow and you aim with one eye. You have lost depth perception and the ability to shoot a 3 dimensional targets properly. Also the quiver on the back means when you jump of a ledge forwards eg down a steep slope the arrows will fly out of the quiver

He's not going for functionality, he's going for show accuracy

Hey everyone,

I wanted to send out an invite. Some friends and I started a League of Assassins Cosplay group on Facebook. We're looking at recruiting people to join! You guys have some great builds! Here's the schedule so far for upcoming cons that one or more of us will be attending:

Dragoncon 9/4-9/7
LBCC 9/12-9/13
NYCC 10/8-10/11
Comikaze 10/30-11/1
WonderCon 3/25-3/27

Re: CW "Arrow" Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer build

I've gotten a LOT of inquiries as to where I got the jacket, so I figured posting it up here could help some folk.

Originally, I searched for a *similar* coat online, finding a fairly close match from a company on eBay called "Flesh and Hide Inc."

Noticing that they did custom and replica work, I contacted them via their listed email and exchanged photos with a representative until we landed on something that worked.

This is the coat in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Leather-Classic-Long-Coat-in-Distressed-Brown-/321374287238

That style, made to my measurements, with a funnel collar, no pockets, no zipper, no buttons/buttonholes in a distressed brown leather ran me ~$200 shipped.

The only part I'm not 100% satisfied with is the collar, simply because the LoA collar has a very particular cut to it, but that's something I'm working on fixing.

Dark Archers unite! I couldn't have made my own costume without your input, and yours is still the best on the block!

I just realized that, despite having put a LOT of work into my leather quiver... I NEVER POSTED PICS OF IT!

View attachment 426377View attachment 426376
Did you make the quiver by yourself and if you did how long did take you to and how much did it cost you? When you ordered the coat did you get genuine leather or faux leather and was the actual coat for the league of assassin suit faux or genuine leather?

- - - Updated - - -

Tvayumat Did you make the quiver by yourself and if you did how long did take you to and how much did it cost you? What types of measurements did you require?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm emailed the people who work in the Arrow tv show specifically dark archer and the people I emailed are: lykopisarchery@gmail.com

And here are the specs for the arrow used by the Dark Archer and the League of Assassins:
Shafts are X weave 5/16th
Nocks are black quick nocks
Fletch is 4" parabolic black
Tips are Thunderhead Edge

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the voice modulator used by Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer?

- - - Updated - - -

What part of the Dark Archer outfit needs to be custom made?

- - - Updated - - -

What part of the dark archer outfit need to be custom made?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been on a roll over the last few days.

Started off by finishing up the hood. After prototyping it in scrap fabric and then microsuede I went to tandy and picked up some thicker suede. Many hours of hand stitching and riveting, then cutting all those rivets and re-riveting later...
View attachment 339646

In some downtime used an artificial jade barrel bead and some apoxie sculpt to make his pendant, finishing it off with some silver "Rub n buff" wax.

View attachment 339647

While I was at Tandy I grabbed some belt blanks and a few punches when they were on sale to make the belts, and while I was doing the dyeing I did some basketweave leather for Malcolm's bracer. Using a little scrap suede from the hood project and some rivets, I think it pretty much looks the business.
View attachment 339648View attachment 339952View attachment 339951

Still missing the quiver, arrows, and leather panels on the coat's chest/shoulder/back, but went ahead with a test fit. I couldn't be happier with how it is coming together.

View attachment 339649View attachment 339650View attachment 339651

What part of the costume need to be custom made?

What is the voice modulator used by Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer?

- - - Updated - - -

What part of the Dark Archer outfit needs to be custom made?

- - - Updated - - -

What part of the dark archer outfit need to be custom made?

- - - Updated - - -

What part of the costume need to be custom made?
Custom tailored was the jacket. The belts, forarm guard, hood and a few other parts a custom made by ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

"few other parts a custom made by ourselves." Such as?

- - - Updated - - -

What are the pants used by the Dark Archer?

- - - Updated - - -

They are the same bow as LOA archers from Legends except the last episode because compounds weren't invented in 1958/60.
These bows are made up of part from various PSE bow parts.

The pants are basic black cotton pants.

- - - Updated - - -

All the leather comes from Tandy Leather. Production is forbidden to share costs. The jacket is a leather jacket from Daniel Leather. Miss Mani and her team removed the collar and replaced it. The coloring was done by sanding and bleaching then dying with brown cream dyes of various shades. Under the jacket is a Chinese shirt found in most Chinatown's and on top that is a basic black karate gee. The only custom made part is the quiver. It is based on a now discontinued Bear Archery quiver design. The belt is from a store called Lucky. The costume was made in house and the costume department assembles everything.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back