Fury (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
First footage from Fury. Directed by David Ayer (End of Watch).

Fury is one among my 30 most anticipated movies of 2014 and scheduled for October release.

Fury First Footage From World of Tanks E3 Panel - YouTube

Release Date: October 17, 2014.

Synopsis: April, 1945. A battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Wardaddy and his men face odds in their attempts to strike at Nazi Germany.

Director: David Ayer
Writer: David Ayer
Cast: Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Scott Eastwood, Jon Bernthal, Jason Isaacs, Xavier Samuel, Michael Peña, Jim Parrack, Brad William Henke

IMDB: Fury (2014) - IMDb

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fury

I'm sorry, but every time I saw Brad Pitt on screen, I kept expecting him to say something like "You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, business is a-boomin'."

Can't WAIT for this movie!

For a first hand account of what guys like this went through, and how horribly mis matched the Sherman was against German Armor, read Death Traps: The Survival Of An American Armored Division In World War II. Amazing book:)

Robert

I'm really looking forward to this one, looks to be a good movie.

Two bits of trivia on this movie:

1. The movie will feature an actual Tiger tank, not a T-38 dressed up as a Tiger like in Saving Private Ryan, but an actual, honest to goodness PzKfw VI Tiger. The one they used is on of the few running Tigers left in the world and is from a British tank museum.

2. Shia LeBeouf in either a bid to bring up his credibility or is into method acting reported rarely showered or bathed during the filming and slept apart from the rest of the cast in the local town where they did most of their filming. He reportedly said that he did this to get a better idea of what it would have been like for his character but this really didn't sit well with his cast mates.

Can't WAIT for this movie!

For a first hand account of what guys like this went through, and how horribly mis matched the Sherman was against German Armor, read Death Traps: The Survival Of An American Armored Division In World War II. Amazing book:)

Robert

In actuality, the Sherman wasn't really that badly outmatched against most German armor, it was actually more heavily armored than most, if not all, PzKfw IVs although late war models with high velocity 75 did outgun it. The mismatch didn't come about until Germany introduced the Panther and Tiger tanks and their respective variants, it was only against those that the Shermans were grossly mismatched and caused American tankers to see every German tank as a Panther or a Tiger.

In actuality, the Sherman wasn't really that badly outmatched against most German armor, it was actually more heavily armored than most, if not all, PzKfw IVs although late war models with high velocity 75 did outgun it. The mismatch didn't come about until Germany introduced the Panther and Tiger tanks and their respective variants, it was only against those that the Shermans were grossly mismatched and caused American tankers to see every German tank as a Panther or a Tiger.

Agreed:) I should have been more specific, as it was the heavy tanks I was refering to:)

Robert

Look friggin awesome! It's nice to finally a see a WWII movie done from an American tankers perspective and that last scene where they square off against a Tiger looks really cool although I'd hate to be the crew of the Fury since even though the Fury looks to be an upgunned Sherman the Tiger still has the advantage in armor.

Speaking of the Fury and its gun, anyone know what model of Sherman that is? I was thinking maybe a Firefly or some other model with the 76mm gun on it but I don't recall the 76s having a muzzle brake on the end.

Am I the only person who saw the title and thought "Nick Fury"?

Not bathing is not method acting, it just about every NTC rotation. :facepalm

Ok guys the jacket Brad Pitt is wearing is from WWII Impressions. They are the same company that made the film jackets BUT the don't provide a size chart other than just a standard chest size. I mean I would like to know the sleeve and length of said jacket, but they don't offer that. Is that weird? Also, their return policy is weird...like the weirdest I've ever seen online. Any help or suggestions would be great help. (His is the first model tanker jacket)

-The return policy is about halfway down the page.
Ordering Information

I'm really looking forward to this one, looks to be a good movie.

Two bits of trivia on this movie:

1. The movie will feature an actual Tiger tank, not a T-38 dressed up as a Tiger like in Saving Private Ryan, but an actual, honest to goodness PzKfw VI Tiger. The one they used is on of the few running Tigers left in the world and is from a British tank museum.

2. Shia LeBeouf in either a bid to bring up his credibility or is into method acting reported rarely showered or bathed during the filming and slept apart from the rest of the cast in the local town where they did most of their filming. He reportedly said that he did this to get a better idea of what it would have been like for his character but this really didn't sit well with his cast mates.

Or it could just be that Shia's an obnoxious drunken punk who just didn't want to socialize and figured if he smelt bad they'd leave him alone lol.

Why is that a big deal? I think Saving Private Ryan did a good job at telling it's story without bragging that it had THE legitimate tanks that were used in WWII.

Respect to those who served in real life, I'm getting bored with these "Band of Brothers" World War II stories.

Why is that a big deal? I think Saving Private Ryan did a good job at telling it's story without bragging that it had THE legitimate tanks that were used in WWII.

Respect to those who served in real life, I'm getting bored with these "Band of Brothers" World War II stories.

It's a big deal because there are very few surviving examples of the Tiger tank left in the world and even fewer that are still running. Of the Tigers that survived the war many were either shot at or torn apart piece to see how much they could take and what made them tick in order to incorporate some of what they learned into future tank designs. In other cases they were simply scrapped or left to rust as time and technology passed them up.

For (WW II) tank buffs Tigers were an iconic tank and one of the prime examples of German tank superiority although they were never made in that great of numbers, and there were better all around tanks built by the Germans, and heavier ones as well but for some reason the Tiger just catches the imagination of tank buffs. During the war Tigers were the greatest fear of Allied tankers, esp. Americans, and to a lot of them almost every German tank was a Tiger showing how greatly feared the Tigers were. It typically took 4 Shermans to take out one Tiger because the Tiger's 88mm cannon could engage the Sherman well outside the range of the Sherman's low velocity 75mm gun, and the Tiger's armor was completely invulnerable to the Sherman except in the back and sides and even then only at extremely close range. The reason why 4 was because by the time they got close enough to effectively engage the Tiger it would have already killed 3 of the oncoming Shermans.

Didn't the British field a version of a Sherman Tank that had a 17 pounder gun that had better success against the german tanks?

Didn't the British field a version of a Sherman Tank that had a 17 pounder gun that had better success against the german tanks?

Yup, the Firefly, it gave Shermans a fighting chance against Tigers although the Sherman's armor was still paper thin compared to the Tiger's, but then again, anything less than another heavy tank had paper thin armor compared to a Tiger.

Any idea where someone could get a shoulder holster rig like Pitt's? Have a friend doing a retro/steampunk style wedding in a month and he was raving about that shoulder setup.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back